Where Should Glenville Play?

Where should Glenville play?

• OHSAA DIII: No one in DIV can hang. Let's try Glenville in DIII

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • OHSAA DII: Chardon, TCC and Ursuline would get running clocked. Move Glenville to DII

Votes: 45 44.1%
  • OHSAA DI: Avon, Massillon and Hoban are too disadvantaged. Glenville has to play at DI

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • NCAA DIII: Clearly, St. Edward, Springfield, and the GCL-South are outgunned. How about Mount Union?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NCAA DII: Mount Union couldn't hang. How about Grand Valley State in DII?

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • NCAA FCS: Grand Valley State can't hang. Let's see if 1-AA can stop Glenville

• NCAA FBS: No chance, North Dakota State. Glenville will stomp you. Move 'em up to the P5

• CFL: Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Georgia. et. al. cannot compete. Off to the CFL.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • NFL: The Tarblooders would smoke the Allouettes. Move them up to the NFL

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Nowhere: Not even the best NFL teams can compete with Ginn and Co. Boycott them

Votes: 19 18.6%

• Total voters
I don't really understand what you hope to accomplish. We could go back and forth calling each other names in perpetuity but that would not accomplish anything.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I don't understand why you think Glenville should be commended for exploiting a bunch of loopholes and taking advantage of the system to play at least one division if not two divisions lower so they don't have to play anyone like TCC, Massillon, Hoban, Avon et al. Doesn't it sound weird to say congratulations for playing literally no one (realtive to TCC, Massillon, Hoban & Avon) and gaining an unfair advantage to win a state championship.

Their is no justification for anyone in their right mind to defend Glenville/Ginn Academy as it pertains to this situation. Maybe Ted Ginn Sr helped some kids but that has absolutely nothing to do with the matter at hand.
You have an open invitation to come ask my nephew in person if he can read anytime you want. Well be waiting. Also its been said 100 times but I love saying this because it bothers yall so much... Glenville High School dont give a flying F about state championships in football. Thats a Canfield/Stuebenville/ West Holmes/Perkins obsession. And you alleged grown men prove it every day on here

What is your definition of struggling? 2 Region 1 championships (one before GA even existed. Hmmm.), a 3-2 record vs Ignatius, and a D2 runner up is struggling? Before the past two years most of the noise made was in D1. When the program is humming the program is humming. Division be damned.
See how nobody has a response for what happened on the field when Glenville was D1/2? Funny to me. Yall arguments dont make sense because its all based on a "struggle" that didnt exist unless you wanted them to win the best region in the state every year

Oh and football wise why would Canfield be worried about Glenville being in region 10 when they have gotten through Region 9 one time with a power 5 recruit at QB?
Also this. Canfield got through region 9 one time with a QB committed to Indiana lol. Glenville would be region 10. For a guy who lives on yappi and tries to prove himself to internet strangers with pictures of projects he "oversees" to not pursue a cause hes "fairly confident" he could impact is surely something. I get it though this forum is fan fiction for grumpy middle aged men with no lives

Wow some of the hate has really gone over the top. Sad but not unexpected. Oh well just fuel for the fire, keep it going.

You have an open invitation to come ask my nephew in person if he can read anytime you want. Well be waiting. Also its been said 100 times but I love saying this because it bothers yall so much... Glenville High School dont give a flying F about state championships in football. Thats a Canfield/Stuebenville/ West Holmes/Perkins obsession. And you alleged grown men prove it every day on here
Now now, no reason to bring Big Red into it 😜

Also this. Canfield got through region 9 one time with a QB committed to Indiana lol. Glenville would be region 10. For a guy who lives on yappi and tries to prove himself to internet strangers with pictures of projects he "oversees" to not pursue a cause hes "fairly confident" he could impact is surely something.
Canfield on numerous occasions lost to the eventual state champion or runner-up and gave them their closest or second closest game of the year and they also were the best team in D-II in 2005 despite losing by 1 or 2 points, even TCC fans will concede this fact. Plus I think Canfield might be a legitimate threat to win state in the more immediate future if the path is not obstructed by someone like TCC.

As I said before it doesn't benefit me or Canfield to get Glenville bumped up to D-III, from a competition stand point they belong in D-II probably, and I don't think that any action would result in Glenville competing in D-II. And I doubt that if given the option by the OHSAA, Glenville would voluntarily compete in D-I or an open classification like some on here claim.

Also its been said 100 times but I love saying this because it bothers yall so much... Glenville High School dont give a flying F about state championships in football.
Yet you are on a football forum talking about them. Truthfully, most people in the state don't give a flying F if Glenville wins state in football. What people do care about is wether they followed the rules, did they do anything illegal, will it be fixed after they are caught again.

Also this. Canfield got through region 9 one time with a QB committed to Indiana lol. Glenville would be region 10. For a guy who lives on yappi and tries to prove himself to internet strangers with pictures of projects he "oversees" to not pursue a cause hes "fairly confident" he could impact is surely something. I get it though this forum is fan fiction for grumpy middle aged men with no lives
Ethered him 😳😳😳

While everyone argues and complains about where the Tarblooders should play - Ted Ginn is going to be attending a funeral for one of his players. The mission for Coach Ginn is so much larger then winning championships or playing in a lower division. He is just fighting daily to get his kids out of their current environment alive. Prayers to the Glenville community.

While everyone argues and complains about where the Tarblooders should play - Ted Ginn is going to be attending a funeral for one of his players. The mission for Coach Ginn is so much larger then winning championships or playing in a lower division. He is just fighting daily to get his kids out of their current environment alive. Prayers to the Glenville community.
Ginn’s battles are fought off the field and I think it’s difficult for some, who don’t have to worry about this with their players and communities, to understand that.

To lose your life at 17, months before graduation is a tragedy. There is a video of this young man on IG and he is speaking as a senior to his teammates. He stated that he probably wouldn’t be continuing his football career, but it’s the life lessons that “G” (Ginn) taught him that he will carry with him.

Rest in Paradise, young man 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

This thread is disrespectful. Why is nobody saying where should TCC, Hoban, Kirtland, and Marion Local (especially the latter two schools) play? A predominantly African American school, led by an African American coach, starts to win state titles and there is no respect given. How about the fact that Coach Ginn is making sure these young men go on to college and make something of themselves. Football is a tool that gives these young men hope. In East Cleveland, they need that motivation more than anything. Glenville may not operate like some of the other traditional powerhouses but what Coach Ginn and his staff are doing for the city of Cleveland is commendable.

Geez everything is about race! WTF Glenville is one of my favorite schools to watch. Been to many games. Over the years. My problem and only problem with Glenville is I know for a fact their are so many fake addresses used. I can name names and kids. But I won’t. For years I can go back years and give you names and addresses. But you play victim . Everyone hates us because we are black. Absolutely not. It’s the unfair advantage. All schools probably has done it to an extent. But not to the extent Glenville does it on the daily. Almost no thought . Great football player wants to attend. This is what you do mom and dad.
But I know for a fact Ginn Doesn’t want to be D-4! But the way it’s based on numbers he can’t move up. He can’t get the number of CB numbers up. Without showing they are not allowed in the school. Or it being illegal transfer. So he has to stay in D-4.
I’m just sad for those little D-4 schools that keep running into Goliath every year come playoffs.
It’s almost a safety issue.
Take St Ed’s or Hoban or Massillon and put them in D-4 and tell me you wouldn’t think theirs a problem or safety issue!

Geez everything is about race! WTF Glenville is one of my favorite schools to watch. Been to many games. Over the years. My problem and only problem with Glenville is I know for a fact their are so many fake addresses used. I can name names and kids. But I won’t. For years I can go back years and give you names and addresses. But you play victim . Everyone hates us because we are black. Absolutely not. It’s the unfair advantage. All schools probably has done it to an extent. But not to the extent Glenville does it on the daily. Almost no thought . Great football player wants to attend. This is what you do mom and dad.
But I know for a fact Ginn Doesn’t want to be D-4! But the way it’s based on numbers he can’t move up. He can’t get the number of CB numbers up. Without showing they are not allowed in the school. Or it being illegal transfer. So he has to stay in D-4.
I’m just sad for those little D-4 schools that keep running into Goliath every year come playoffs.
Take St Ed’s or Hoban or Massillon and put them in D-4 and tell me you wouldn’t think theirs a problem or safety issue!
Man can you shut up for a second while folks mourn a young man's untimely death. Read the room. Just stop. Find something else to talk about. Also Dont you root for Eds? The first two playoff games in DIVISION 1 are borderline safety issues. Been D4 for 3 years total in the history of the school and didnt even win it the first time. Let it rest. Especially if you are going to pretend there are not any racist things said about these boys and the program. Again just shut up, its really not hard

This thread was not about the horrible tragic murder. Their is a thread for that. And to be honest
I never saw that I was reading from top when I read that post. Only after i posted and kept reading did I see the horrible tragedy.
Ginn and the staff have unbelievable challenges they deal with on top of coaching. Which makes it even harder. But I’m sorry just throwing race card out on a whole thread is terrible. Glenville to me is special. In so many ways , I know and have known so many of those kids and parents and it’s such a great community. But when I get have to read racist stuff because not everyone is on board with everything. And we are told to just shut up.
It’s not right!
My prayers go out to the young man , that I didn’t even know passed before my post.
Also to the family and glenville community.

This thread was not about the horrible tragic murder. Their is a thread for that. And to be honest
I never saw that I was reading from top when I read that post. Only after i posted and kept reading did I see the horrible tragedy.
Ginn and the staff have unbelievable challenges they deal with on top of coaching. Which makes it even harder. But I’m sorry just throwing race card out on a whole thread is terrible. Glenville to me is special. In so many ways , I know and have known so many of those kids and parents and it’s such a great community. But when I get have to read racist stuff because not everyone is on board with everything. And we are told to just shut up.
It’s not right!
My prayers go out to the young man , that I didn’t even know passed before my post.
Also to the family and glenville community.
Just stop!!!! On this exact page you have people saying none of the kids can read!

What about the teams that have to play Marion Local (no soccer team to compete with), and any of the catholic/private schools (recruiting)? Nobody is forcing them to move up. The numbers in the schools are equal but the numbers of the field are sometimes drastically different.

Just stop!!!! On this exact page you have people saying none of the kids can read!

Well I didn’t read that and if that was said their are racists every group. And that’s sad. I don’t read every post , I get on here once a month and 50 posts to much to read. Being a lazy white guy.
Racism is terrible from anyone. But I love talking sports and football. Without being called racist or that my opinions don’t matter.
I will stop until a month from now or so. And try to catch up again . Especially since a tragic horrible event occurred. Then maybe we can talk what’s great and what’s not great about highschool college or even professional sports. Without victim mentality or racism posts from anyone.

No, the state is saying that only 8% of their students are proficient in reading. And conflating communicating about the problem to be a bigger issue than the problem itself ironically may stem from a reading comprehension deficiency.

It’s either that or an ad hominem attack because calling someone racist is much less work than educating yourself, let alone others.

No, the state is saying that only 8% of their students are proficient in reading. And conflating communicating about the problem to be a bigger issue than the problem itself ironically may stem from a reading comprehension deficiency.

It’s either that or an ad hominem attack because calling someone racist is much less work than educating yourself, let alone others.
And yet the football program (seeing as this is a football forum) continues to send kids to four year universities. Many whom have graduated from said universities and gone on to have successful lives. That was the argument then somebody brought up test scores for the entire school. Youre an idiot, trying to edicate you is a fools errand

Well I didn’t read that and if that was said their are racists every group. And that’s sad. I don’t read every post , I get on here once a month and 50 posts to much to read. Being a lazy white guy.
Racism is terrible from anyone. But I love talking sports and football. Without being called racist or that my opinions don’t matter.
I will stop until a month from now or so. And try to catch up again . Especially since a tragic horrible event occurred. Then maybe we can talk what’s great and what’s not great about highschool college or even professional sports. Without victim mentality or racism posts from anyone.
Do you see how literally nobody has called YOU racist for anything youve said and you still talking about others having victim mentality?

Last year oversaw/supervised work with NEORSD in many areas of Cleveland and incidental to doing this work I noticed several occasions where students with Glenville football letterman's jackets (and in a few cases kids that said they played for Glenville) seemed to reside in a household that should have been for a different school. If they didn't live in that household it was quite peculiar and an amazing coincidence and set of circumstances to give the allusion they resided there when they infact did not.
In most metropolitan areas, residence don't mean SQUAT. I still seethe when I recall lil Jimmy Hardpaw posing in the AJC, on an all-state RB's bed in Newton, Ga. in 2016. This is thirty-five miles from where he went to school, at nationally ranked GRAYSON. And everyone in the state was told that NOOOO, he lives in a condo in the Grayson cluster of GWINNETT COUNTY. The lease was subsequently defaulted on, after one month of residence. And there home in Covington was NEVER put up for sale. Newton High School is in NEWTON COUNTY!

And during Katrina, an all-state lineman from the Southern part of Mississippi, was suddenly displaced. And POOF, he emerges in the Gwinnett County cluster of NATIONALLY RANKED PARKVIEW, two blocks from the school, in a very affluent neighborhood, rent free.

And after Jake Garcia infamously was dispelled from Valdosta a few years back, after transferring from a school in SOCAL. He suddenly transferred to that SAME GRAYSON, to be instantly eligible to play.

D-3 seems reasonable
They had better stay OUTA Region 1-7A, in SOUTH Georgia. Cause they are OHHHH and one against us. The Christmas after Camden kicked their butts in Herbie's Ohio vs USA Challenge. The Wildcats sent the Tarblooders a Christmas Card, with a picture of the Camden 45 yd. line on the front, since Glennville had never seen it before.

They had better stay OUTA Region 1-7A, in SOUTH Georgia. Cause they are OHHHH and one against us. The Christmas after Camden kicked their butts in Herbie's Ohio vs USA Challenge. The Wildcats sent the Tarblooders a Christmas Card, with a picture of the Camden 45 yd. line on the front, since Glennville had never seen it before.
Cool story