Where Should Glenville Play?

Where should Glenville play?

• OHSAA DIII: No one in DIV can hang. Let's try Glenville in DIII

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • OHSAA DII: Chardon, TCC and Ursuline would get running clocked. Move Glenville to DII

Votes: 45 44.1%
  • OHSAA DI: Avon, Massillon and Hoban are too disadvantaged. Glenville has to play at DI

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • NCAA DIII: Clearly, St. Edward, Springfield, and the GCL-South are outgunned. How about Mount Union?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NCAA DII: Mount Union couldn't hang. How about Grand Valley State in DII?

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • NCAA FCS: Grand Valley State can't hang. Let's see if 1-AA can stop Glenville

• NCAA FBS: No chance, North Dakota State. Glenville will stomp you. Move 'em up to the P5

• CFL: Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Georgia. et. al. cannot compete. Off to the CFL.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • NFL: The Tarblooders would smoke the Allouettes. Move them up to the NFL

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Nowhere: Not even the best NFL teams can compete with Ginn and Co. Boycott them

Votes: 19 18.6%

• Total voters

We purposefully didn't put that down as a option because Glenville clearly has an unfair advantage, according to the Anti-Glenville Brigade. We have to put them at a level where they cannot win because that's "fair." :banana::banana:

I would send my kid to Ginn also if I lived in the inner city of Cleveland. But only if he were good at football because otherwise I wouldn’t get that opportunity. But it’s not about football

To me, the question comes to at which division do the top 10 schools in the class compete, and it is a toss-up game. In D4 that is not happening with any of them. Yes Perkins, Steubenville, this years Canton South may win one here and there but most years Glenville is going to run away with it. In D3 there are maybe 2 or 3 schools (TCC is one and yes they should be D2 also) who make it a toss up game and 2 to 3 more like D4 they pull a win here and there. In D2 is where the rubber meets the road and there are like 7-8 teams that match up in a toss-up game. So D2 is my vote.

National schedule. Remove the school part of it and just make it a football team. Take away pads/helmets from backups. Fund it by defrauding people. This would cause a similar level of outrage but it's the only way to preserve DIV.

This thread is disrespectful. Why is nobody saying where should TCC, Hoban, Kirtland, and Marion Local (especially the latter two schools) play? A predominantly African American school, led by an African American coach, starts to win state titles and there is no respect given. How about the fact that Coach Ginn is making sure these young men go on to college and make something of themselves. Football is a tool that gives these young men hope. In East Cleveland, they need that motivation more than anything. Glenville may not operate like some of the other traditional powerhouses but what Coach Ginn and his staff are doing for the city of Cleveland is commendable.

This thread is disrespectful. Why is nobody saying where should TCC, Hoban, Kirtland, and Marion Local (especially the latter two schools) play? A predominantly African American school, led by an African American coach, starts to win state titles and there is no respect given. How about the fact that Coach Ginn is making sure these young men go on to college and make something of themselves. Football is a tool that gives these young men hope. In East Cleveland, they need that motivation more than anything. Glenville may not operate like some of the other traditional powerhouses but what Coach Ginn and his staff are doing for the city of Cleveland is commendable.
Because their competitive balance numbers are zero and no one believes that. There was a literal poster on here talking about how his nephew from Mentor was playing there. Glenville having as many division 1 athletes as they do and claiming a zero in competitive balance ruins the whole system. At least the private schools get dinged for players on their team that they shouldn't have. Thats the issue. No one had problems with Glenville when they were in the division they should be in. If you honestly believe that every single one of their players lives in Glenville then good for you. The people complaining do not believe it. Its no other reason.

Oh and you mentioned TCC. They literally have lower enrollment than Glenville. But their competitive balance number is 144. So they move up. Again, Glenville's is Zero.

1st I think TCC should be D2 and i stated as much. Marion Local is from the middle of nowhere, they are a grassroots team so to speak. With that said, if I was them I would love the opportunity to move up. I have a ton of respect for Glen/GA/Glenville program, and I commend them and agree with you on all the good that is Glen/GA/Glenville program. That doesn't mean a team that pulls players from a metro area of 2 million who routinely has 10+ D1 prospects, a few Top 50 players in the state, should be playing against towns of 15,000. One has nothing to do with the other.

If you or anyone else can name one non private school in D3 (I am even going higher in class) or below, that routinely (we will define this as every SR/JR class for 3 cycles) has 7 (3 less than GV) D1 prospects and 1 top 50 players in Ohio (2 less than GV). I will take back everything I said about them needing to move up and shut the hell up and never talk about it again. No one will come up with it, because it does not happen organically.

Last edited:
Because their competitive balance numbers are zero and no one believes that. There was a literal poster on here talking about how his nephew from Mentor was playing there. Glenville having as many division 1 athletes as they do and claiming a zero in competitive balance ruins the whole system. At least the private schools get dinged for players on their team that they shouldn't have. Thats the issue. No one had problems with Glenville when they were in the division they should be in. If you honestly believe that every single one of their players lives in Glenville then good for you. The people complaining do not believe it. Its no other reason.

Oh and you mentioned TCC. They literally have lower enrollment than Glenville. But their competitive balance number is 144. So they move up. Again, Glenville's is Zero.
Wonder if he reported it to the OHSAA or just yappi?

1st I think TCC should be D2 and i stated as much. Marion Local is from the middle of nowhere, they are a grassroots team so to speak. With that said, if I was them I would love the opportunity to move up. I have a ton of respect for Glen/GA/Glenville program, and I commend them and agree with you on all the good that is Glen/GA/Glenville program. That doesn't mean a team that pulls players from a metro area of 2 million who routinely has 10+ D1 prospects, a few Top 50 players in the state, should be playing against towns of 15,000. One has nothing to do with the other.

If you or anyone else can name one non private school in D3 (I am even going higher in class) or below, that routinely (we will define this as every 2 SR/JR class for 3 cycles) has 7 (3 less than GV) D1 prospects and 1 top 50 players in Ohio (2 less than GV). I will take back everything I said about them needing to move up and shut the hell up and never talk about it again. No one will come up with it, because it does not happen organically.
It doesn't exist. The private schools don't have it either.

Wonder if he reported it to the OHSAA or just yappi?
I saw your other comment in this thread and thats why this is funny. Of course you'd send them to Ginn Academy. But that doesn't mean they get to play for Glenville. The kids are still supposed to play for their home district. Or are we really to believe every district in Cleveland is just terrible at football and Glenville has the only successful team with D1 prospects every year? I'm not saying im against that, but those numbers should hit your competitive balance as an open enrollement public school. If you live outside of the glenville district, you hit the CB numbers. Thats all.

I would not mind seeing Glenville back in D1, but the re-alignment in 2012 ish bumped them down a division. Them match ups with Ed's, Iggy's ect were epic.

Glenville and Central Catholic both should be in D-II. Central Catholic had no competition whatsoever in D-III, and was the defending D-II state champion. Glenville's only competition in D-III would have been the top 5-10 teams in the state: Central Catholic, Bishop Watterson, Chardon, Ursuline, et al. Central Catholic is the only one that would consitently beat Glenville. Last year in D-III, only Canfield and maybe Chardon could have beat Glenville.

In my book Central Catholic and Glenville belong in D-II, end of story.

We purposefully didn't put that down as a option because Glenville clearly has an unfair advantage, according to the Anti-Glenville Brigade. We have to put them at a level where they cannot win because that's "fair." :banana::banana:
In D4 they win the state. In D3, they lose (TCC). in D2 they lose(Massillon , Akron Hoban), D1 (St. Eds. Springfield, Moller, St X. etc.)

D4 they win the state. In D3, they lose (TCC). in D2 they lose(Massillon , Akron Hoban), D1 (St. Eds. Springfield, Moller, St X. etc.)
True, despite all the D1 recruits, pros, and stars they have only won in D4. Wonder what Eds, Hoban, Massilon, or TCC, would have won with all that talent they lost with?

Reactions: RBS