What Movies Did You Watch in October 2013?

THe Counselor 6/8. Was a fun movie and all but nothing really complex or awe inspiring.

"Catfish" scene was worth the 5 dollars alone though :)

Elfie Hopkins UK-2012

387690d8885708d2e4d9df6f829db322.jpg

Elfie is suspicious of her new neighbors which could cost her dearly. Almost got into it but was lacking ... 3.0/8

Vampire's Kiss US-1988

Not a fan of Nicolas Cage but he was awesome in this. He plays an eccentric business man who believes he is turning into a vampire. This one gets pretty bizarre as Cage starts to act like the old silent film Nosferatu after watching it. He is also nuts....

5.5/8

Bai wan ju e (China-2012)

A boy and his crocodile. Croc gets sold for food but escapes and does a bit of killing while being hunted. This was way too cheesy for me ... 2.5/8

Only God Forgives - 3/8

When Refn and Gosling teamed up for Drive, magic was made. This was not the case in their followup. Instead, we got 90 minutes of art house trash with all style and little substance.

La mano de un hombre muerto (Spain-1962)

Saw the French version of this Jesus Franco film Le sadique Baron Von Klaus. When hot woman start dieing the town folk thinks it is the curse of the Baron Von Klaus while an inspector suspects some of the villagers. This film supposed to have a shocking torture scene but unfortunately I believe it got cut as it quickly got edited from the beginning of that scene to something else even though the running time is consistent. Maybe it doesn't exist anymore... oh well.... 3.0/8

Only God Forgives - 3/8

When Refn and Gosling teamed up for Drive, magic was made. This was not the case in their followup. Instead, we got 90 minutes of art house trash with all style and little substance.

I liked it, but it seems most don't. I thought the symbolism made it pretty deep.

The Counselor - at this point I have no idea what I want to rate this movie. It was really close to being really good but something is missing...I thought the ending was lame