What Movies Did You Watch in October 2013?

Gravity 3D 8/8

Don't let the lame trailers fool you. This is an awesome movie experience. No time to catch your breath. Bullock and Clooney are great, especially Bullock, IMO.

Scratching my head over how it was made. Movie magic?

Don Jon - 6/8

Funny, witty and sharply directed and edited. Nothing ground-breaking, but Gordon-Levitt could certainly have a nice career as a writer and director if he wanted to.

Good to hear about Don Jon. I'm planning to devote tomorrow night to a double feature: Don Jon, then Prisoners.

I'll probably carve out some time for Gravity and Captain Phillips soon since they're getting positive reviews. And just for fun I might see Bad Grandpa once that comes out. :D

-----------

Tree of Knowledge, #1 Poster

It's a fragile thing, this life we lead ...

I was going to take in Prisoners tonight, but was in the mood for something lighter. I'll see that and Rush soon though, along with Captain Phillips. Just need to find the time.

Guess I'm in the minority on Gravity. Had high expectations based on rave reviews and came away very disappointed. The visuals were spectacular obviously but I just felt the Ryan character was very dull and had no emotional attachment to her. I think use of flashbacks and more background on her would have helped. The small conversation with Clooney wasn't enough to build any character for me. A movie that it reminded me of that I thought was much better was 127 hours.

I wouldn't say I was disappointed but I am kind of line with what you're saying. Visually spectacular, but as for the film itself didn't really see something that matched up with the hyperbolic reviews I read

Agreed that the character was kind of lame. But I still loved the movie just based on the visuals and the tension that was created

I didn't particularly go into Gravity expecting great character development. I expected great visuals and a lot of tension, and I got it.

Can anybody on here tell me if Halloween 3 is worth watching.. Always liked the movies but never watch 3 because no Mike Myers.. Jw if the movie it self is any good ?

Yeah Halloween 3 is pretty bad IMO. Not even sure how it's considered part of the series. I guess the producers thought they could branch out and have different stories that revolved around Halloween. My favorite sequel is #6 and amc never shows it.

The Counselor is getting pretty poor reviews so far. I guess I can't be shocked because Ridley Scott has been so disappointing as of late, but I really had high hopes for this one.

The Counselor is getting pretty poor reviews so far. I guess I can't be shocked because Ridley Scott has been so disappointing as of late, but I really had high hopes for this one.

I was worried that would be the case when I saw the studio wasn't letting anyone see the movie right up until this week. There were zero reviews out there until today.

Can anybody on here tell me if Halloween 3 is worth watching.. Always liked the movies but never watch 3 because no Mike Myers.. Jw if the movie it self is any good ?

My ratings of the Halloween movies.... scale is out of 8

Halloween 1978 7
Halloween 2007 5.5
Halloween 2 1981 5
Halloween 2 2009 5
Halloween 3: Season of the Witch 1982 4
Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers 1988 5
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers 1989 4
Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers 1995 6
Halloween 7: H2O 1998 4
Halloween 8: Ressurection 2002 3

As for 3, I hated it when I first watched it. I watched it when it came out so of course I thought Michael would be in it. Since then, I have watched it again but his time watched it as a film on it's own and not part of the series. I liked it better. The premise of the film is extremely disturbing.

#2758 La perversa caricia de Satán (Spain-1976) aka The Print of the Devil ... 3.0/8

#2759 American Mary (US-2012) ... 2.0/8

#2760 Evil Dead (US-2013) ... 6.0/8

#2761 Cornered! (US-2009) ... 3.5/8

#2762 Slices of Life (US-2010) ... 2.5/8

#2763 Hypothermia (US-2010) ... 2.0/8

#2764 Below Zero (Canada-2011) ... 4.5/8

#2765 The Tooth Fairy (US-2006) ... 2.0/8