Who wins?

• Avon Eagles

Votes: 56 54.4%
  • Glenville Tarblooders

Votes: 47 45.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can’t make this stuff up. I value the opinions of others but I wish people would sack up and say the black team won’t win because they’re stupid. Just for the record, Glenville has made a few XP’s and had a punt die inside the 15. But continue on 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
LMAO! I think it has more to do with coaching and the fact that Glenville traditionally struggles in the kicking game. If you think its a black or white thing and it helps you sleep better at night then good for you.

Glenville has literally had a few down seasons in the last 20 seasons. And they just happened to coincide with Coach Ginn having health issues and Covid. Outside of those two things, Glenville has been consistently strong. You surely can’t be this dense.
The guy blamed everything on CORONA, and then when he discovered they had stunk for four years prior to CORONA, he blamed something else.

Calling me dumb is the same as calling me you, which is quite demeaning.

#NeverForgetZeroCB

The guy blamed everything on CORONA, and then when he discovered they had stunk for four years prior to CORONA, he blamed something else.

Calling me dumb is the same as calling me you, which is quite demeaning.

#NeverForgetZeroCB
Ok. “Blame”, no need to blame. Glenville wasn’t as strong as normal for several seasons and those seasons aligned with Coach Ginn beating the out of cancer and CMSD canceling sports due to Covid-19.
Prior to those two things Glenville was a strong football program and they’ve returned to form after those two things. But carry on…

Ok. “Blame”, no need to blame. Glenville wasn’t as strong as normal for several seasons and those seasons aligned with Coach Ginn beating the out of cancer and CMSD canceling sports due to Covid-19.
Prior to those two things Glenville was a strong football program and they’ve returned to form after those two things. But carry on…
More excuses that have NOTHING to do with all their current transfers and zero CB. You carry on.

#ZeroCB

Racism is often the go-to excuse for those who refuse to accept responsibility for unrelated shortcomings. They use it because it's a loaded charge; it forestalls discussion and quenches debate. The accusation is the verdict. Or at least, it used to. These days, it's been used so much that it engenders the opposite reaction: dismissal and derision. "It's because of race" is usually just another way of saying "I have no case."

I hope that hashtag helps your favorite team if they meet Glenville in the playoffs. Good day my friend…
#ZeroCB isn't gonna help anyone but your team. 🤦🏿

You're no friend of mine.

I had GA as a 39-20 winner, but now after hearing all the whining from the Big 4 Ginn Academy faithful, I'm going AVON 49, GA 12. #FlyEaglesFly.

Is there anyone that might want to talk about the actual game itself? What does each team have to do to get the victory Friday night?
Sounds pretty generic but will probably come down to whoever stops the run and puts the other in passing situations. Last year was interesting though because Glenville shut down the Avon Rb goin to Cincy but the QB hurt them with his legs. Admittedly this is where my bias kicks in but I believe in both QBs Glenville plays. Its gonna be a low scoring game IMO

Thing is, a non-zero CB likely wouldn't hurt them. The worst it could do is bump them up to D3, and as we all know a team with Glenville's talent would have no problem at that level.

The issue with the non-zero CB is that there would have to be a reconciliation between those out-of-zone students and their Glenville eligibility. It's likely you couldn't square that circle for a kid who sleeps in Twinsburg.

Is there anyone that might want to talk about the actual game itself? What does each team have to do to get the victory Friday night?
I think it’s going to be a long night for Avon. Dealing with Glenville’s RB, DL, and secondary will be a lot to handle. Avon has some really good players, I think Glenville’s high end talent and staff pushing the right buttons leads to a win somewhere around 34-20 or 35-21.

Sounds pretty generic but will probably come down to whoever stops the run and puts the other in passing situations. Last year was interesting though because Glenville shut down the Avon Rb goin to Cincy but the QB hurt them with his legs. Admittedly this is where my bias kicks in but I believe in both QBs Glenville plays. Its gonna be a low scoring game IMO
I agree they did shut that Avon RB down, but Avon did go to other options that they were successful with. I feel if you truly have an offense that is balanced in high school, you can dictate to what the defense is giving you, and work with that. Most defenses can't stop everything, unless your defense is really dominant

They locked that RB up last season. This year Avon has a nice QB, but I think the kid last season was more dynamic in the run game. He was tough.

I agree they did shut that Avon RB down, but Avon did go to other options that they were successful with. I feel if you truly have an offense that is balanced in high school, you can dictate to what the defense is giving you, and work with that. Most defenses can't stop everything, unless your defense is really dominant
And Avon is typically as balanced as you get in high school. Elder will defintely scheme some sh- up. However Glenville’s defense just might be on that elite level. Thats what makes Friday so interesting

And Avon is typically as balanced as you get in high school. Elder will defintely scheme some sh- up. However Glenville’s defense just might be on that elite level. Thats what makes Friday so interesting
Yes, this will be Glenville's toughest test to date. I know the Virginia team, was not much of a challenge, and I don't know much about Olentangy Liberty but Glenville beat them 34-10

This year's QB is a junior, he played last year as a cornerback on the defense and got some reps at QB in special packages to get him acclimated and then in some mop up duty. Overall I think this year's QB is more talented than last year's, but last year's QB was very intelligent and I think understood the game and what is happening better than the current QB does at the moment even though his raw talent level wasn't as high as the new QB's. The new QB is still learning and I can't think of a better way to teach him some lessons than to put him up against the Glenville D. He will be a better QB in the long run because of this matchup.

This year's QB is a junior, he played last year as a cornerback on the defense and got some reps at QB in special packages to get him acclimated and then in some mop up duty. Overall I think this year's QB is more talented than last year's, but last year's QB was very intelligent and I think understood the game and what is happening better than the current QB does at the moment even though his raw talent level wasn't as high as the new QB's. The new QB is still learning and I can't think of a better way to teach him some lessons than to put him up against the Glenville D. He will be a better QB in the long run because of this matchup.
He looked good against McKinley from the highlights I saw. This game will definitely make him a better QB down the road. Having a P5 LT and RB doesn’t hurt at all as he acclimates.

#ZeroCB isn't gonna help anyone but your team. 🤦🏿

You're no friend of mine.

I had GA as a 39-20 winner, but now after hearing all the whining from the Big 4 Ginn Academy faithful, I'm going AVON 49, GA 12. #FlyEaglesFly.
No matter happens you still gotta root for another school to do what yours cant lmao

#GoTouchGrass

Thing is, a non-zero CB likely wouldn't hurt them. The worst it could do is bump them up to D3, and as we all know a team with Glenville's talent would have no problem at that level.
Let's say it doesn't boost them up to D2. TCC is presently in D3, along with Ursuline, who eliminated them in their first year of D4. A few other tough D3 teams include VASJ, Canfield, Chardon, and Badin.

These games are the best for HS football. I think there is greater interest in 2 tremendous public school football teams than 2 privates. (Outside of the Holy War)

Wish I could go but I'll be down at Wildcats High.

This is a different Glenville squad from a few years ago. None of those mentioned teams beat this Tarblooders team.
I thought even a couple years ago, that Glenville beat a good VASJ team in the D3 playoffs. Yes I agree Glenville beats all those D3 schools that are mentioned. The biggest challenge would come from Toledo Central Catholic

I thought even a couple years ago, that Glenville beat a good VASJ team in the D3 playoffs. Yes I agree Glenville beats all those D3 schools that are mentioned. The biggest challenge would come from Toledo Central Catholic
Agreed, TCC would be the biggest challenge in D3. I think Glenville could and possibly would win D2 this year as well, Hoban at a neutral site would be a coin flip. Avon and Hoban on the road will provide solid data points on where Glenville would rate in D2. Massillon and Winton Woods would be stiff tests too but I’d give the Tarblooders the slight edge against both.

Agreed, TCC would be the biggest challenge in D3. I think Glenville could and possibly would win D2 this year as well, Hoban at a neutral site would be a coin flip. Avon and Hoban on the road will provide solid data points on where Glenville would rate in D2. Massillon and Winton Woods would be stiff tests too but I’d give the Tarblooders the slight edge against both.
The hard part in D2 for Glenville and almost anyone else, would be that they could possibly have to beat 3 of the teams that you mentioned, back to back to back. That type of competition just doesn't exist in D4.

Status
Not open for further replies.