Who wins?

• Avon Eagles

Votes: 56 54.4%
  • Glenville Tarblooders

Votes: 47 45.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it you don’t interact with JLP often.
I do. And JLP have had some differences. But I respect him for his passion and how he deals with all the trolls and attacks that come Massillon’s way. In Massillon Ohio they take great pride in the institution that is high school football. It is a common point of pride for the entire community. Outside of that Massillon is simply another small town with people who want the same thing the rest of us do. So why bash someone who has something to be proud of.

I do. And JLP have had some differences. But I respect him for his passion and how he deals with all the trolls and attacks that come Massillon’s way. In Massillon Ohio they take great pride in the institution that is high school football. It is a common point of pride for the entire community. Outside of that Massillon is simply another small town with people who want the same thing the rest of us do. So why bash someone who has something to be proud of.
I have no problem with passion. Nearly everyone on Yappi is passionate about HS football, that’s why we’re on Yappi in the first place. Why do you think I didn’t call out everyone who posts here? You seem pretty intelligent, I think you can figure out why one specific person was called out. I even gave you a hint in your own post.

Saw Ted Ginn Jr at the Buckeye game. He was around Columbus this morning trying to get kids to come to Ginn Academy so they could be eligible to play Friday after last night beatdown.

So passion is greater than posting things like JLP did like "Indian Valley fans....leave your young daughters at home" or "you keep the running clock folder in the same cabinet as the sexual assault folders (plural)". Those are some of the tame ones btw. These posts weren't from 2012 or 2018 when the documentary came out. They were from November 2022.

So passion is greater than posting things like JLP did like "Indian Valley fans....leave your young daughters at home" or "you keep the running clock folder in the same cabinet as the sexual assault folders (plural)". Those are some of the tame ones btw. These posts weren't from 2012 or 2018 when the documentary came out. They were from November 2022.
Hey, I was giving him the business and he gave it back. So what. As a Big Red fan I know what getting attacked is all about. I come from the thinking that when attacked, attack back. I’m sure JLP feels similarly. I’ve acknowledged many times one of my character flaws is that I’m a last word type guy. It is what it is.

Hey, I was giving him the business and he gave it back. So what. As a Big Red fan I know what getting attacked is all about. I come from the thinking that when attacked, attack back. I’m sure JLP feels similarly. I’ve acknowledged many times one of my character flaws is that I’m a last word type guy. It is what it is.
If I recall you mentioned how Massillon hadn't won a playoff title so he brought up the rape scandal from 10 years earlier. Sound like something JLP would do?

If I recall you mentioned how Massillon hadn't won a playoff title so he brought up the rape scandal from 10 years earlier. Sound like something JLP would do?
I don’t know brother. It’s no big deal. We had some back and forth. But at the end of the day it’s all good. And as I’ve said, there is a mutual respect between Steubenville and Massillon. Those two programs are attacked at every turn. And it is simply because of success. I’ve never met JLP, but I can tell you this, I’d sit down and shoot the stuff over a beer with him any day. I have several friends and business associates/clients in Massillon. And I’ll tell you this much, they are great folks and as I’ve also said they are no different than any other place in America (except for their football passion). They do what the rest of us do. Go to work, provide for their families…… and they have what 99% of other towns do not……. A nationally renowned football program. Why attack them because they have something extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.