• Avon Eagles

Votes: 56 54.4%
  • Glenville Tarblooders

Votes: 47 45.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cjb5656

Both teams among the favorites to win the state championship in their divisions. Both off to impressive starts in 2023. Glenville won a classic last year at Avon 27-21. Might as well get the talk started.

Fantastic50.net has Avon by 16. I will be shocked if it's not closer than that.
For some reason that site has taken a long time to come around on Glenville. There are a number of teams ahead of them in the top 50 that probably shouldn't be ahead of them.

I just checked it out again and Glenville has moved up, I still think they're ranked too low, and 16 points does seem like too big of a spread

When I saw the NEO recap I came away impressed with McKinley for keeping it so close for 3 quarters. Because Avon REALLY looks the part. For starters they are huge up front. Hamilton looks like a junior in college already but them other boys look big and mean too. The new QB appears to be even more athletic than Detillo and throws a good ball. RB looks like he lived in the weight room this summer right with Hamilton. And as a Glenville guy what might of scared me the most was hearing Elder talk pregame, holy shi- what a motivator. He got them kids hungry and focused. Avon is an elite program, this game will be a war....Glenville 22- Avon 20. Avon scores a late TD but doesnt get the 2.

Avon will be packed on Friday night for this one, so plan on arriving early if you want a seat. The weather should be perfect. The stage is set for a classic.
Where do you usually park? The last two years I have walked the path from the high school but would like to park closer this year lol

It will be very interesting game. I think it will be a special teams play the determines the winner. Whether it’s Glenville’s lack of a kicking game or their ability to make explosive plays in the return game, I can’t help but think it will come down to special teams. Or we are all wrong and that all star group will completely dismantle a very good Avon team. I’d love to see the game. Does anyone know if NFHS is streaming the game.

Glenville has the athletes. Avon has the coaching, fundamentals, discipline, and special teams.

I 'm not sure I still buy into this image of Glenville in 2023. Much of Glenville's success has come from coaching, fundamentals and discipline. Thats just a fact that for whatever reason many people ignore. How much? Depends on who you ask I guess.
But I am sure that Avon knows they are going to face a well prepared Glenville team on Friday. I would also guess that Coach Elder is honored to be going against Ted Ginn Sr again.

When I saw the NEO recap I came away impressed with McKinley for keeping it so close for 3 quarters. Because Avon REALLY looks the part. For starters they are huge up front. Hamilton looks like a junior in college already but them other boys look big and mean too. The new QB appears to be even more athletic than Detillo and throws a good ball. RB looks like he lived in the weight room this summer right with Hamilton. And as a Glenville guy what might of scared me the most was hearing Elder talk pregame, holy shi- what a motivator. He got them kids hungry and focused. Avon is an elite program, this game will be a war....Glenville 22- Avon 20. Avon scores a late TD but doesnt get the 2.
Elite programs wins state titles……..

Glenville in a close one.

None of Glenville's success has come from coaching. Or fundamentals. Or discipline. They may out-athlete you.
Here we go.... Again. You are in every thread imaginable with a hard on for Glenville and root for a school in a different division.. sad

Agreed. I get LOL's looking at alot of Pasteur's point spreads.
I think Drew has commented in the past that his formula’s predictions take a few weeks into the season to have enough data to be optimal. Nobody has Avon by 16, I’m sure.

And for those who think Glenville’s coaching is poor, I’m here to tell you it might have been weak in the past, but it is very good now. It’s very clear their scouting, preparation and fundamentals have improved immensely over the past few years.

None of Glenville's success has come from coaching. Or fundamentals. Or discipline. They may out-athlete you.
That’s a pretty broad brush you’re using isn’t it? It’s not like basketball where you can roll the ball out to 5 super talented kids and win. They are developing talented kids for the next level. If anyone is trying to indicate they are poorly coached I think they’d be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.