Week 3 - Elder at Gahanna Lincoln

All I can say is...Go Elder. Last year was a surprise and I guess this year is going to be another. A great night last night!!!! What an ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decartes.....YOU need to go away! All you do is BLAH, BLAH..... No one cares on what you have to say! Find another board or???

Elder was trailing, 23-20, and had third and 10 on the Elder 25 with 2:10 remaining. Neither team had any time outs left. Elder's pass was intercepted, but GL was flagged for holding before the pass was thrown. So Elder had first and 10 at the 35 with 1:58 left. A run made it second and 9, a completion third and 6, an incompletion fourth and 6 at the 39. They barely converted, first and 10 on the 45.
An incompletion made it second and 10 with 0:59 left. A completion gave them third and 1 at the GL 46. They ran for eight, first down at the GL 38. First an incompletion, then a td catch by Faillace from Nieman. The xp was good, and Elder led 27-23 with 0:27 left. The game ended on a Bono sack.
Thanks, sounds like an exciting win.

Here's the winning catch, from the Elder sports twitter page:

Attachments

• GHgame.jpg
    GHgame.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 363
Decartes.....YOU need to go away! All you do is BLAH, BLAH..... No one cares on what you have to say! Find another board or???

Sorry, as great as this was, there's still major issues that need to be addressed. The Secondary play was atrocious last night. Better coached QBs will tear them up worse.

This is a very good team with the exception of the Secondary. The RB, OL, WRs, and Front 7 are great. The QB play has been volatile, but also at times very good. That final drive, Nieman was brilliant, but also extremely shaky on other drives.

Sorry, as great as this was, there's still major issues that need to be addressed. The Secondary play was atrocious last night. Better coached QBs will tear them up worse.

This is a very good team with the exception of the Secondary. The RB, OL, WRs, and Front 7 are great. The QB play has been volatile, but also at times very good. That final drive, Nieman was brilliant, but also extremely shaky on other drives.

Nieman was very erratic last night. Do you think on some of those very high throws the receiver ran a "bad" route.Despite his uneven play he hung tough however and made the perfect pass for the win.
Offensively Massminster is becoming the go to guy. Smart runner,sneaky fast.

Nieman was very erratic last night. Do you think on some of those very high throws the receiver ran a "bad" route.Despite his uneven play he hung tough however and made the perfect pass for the win.
Offensively Massminster is becoming the go to guy. Smart runner,sneaky fast.

I'm not sure why Nieman was so erratic. And Massminster is awesome, he always finds a way to fall forward and get extra yards.

The way Elder played in the 3rd Qtr is how they have to play on a consistent basis to compete at a high level. If they play like they did in the first half, the rest of the GCL will stomp them. I'm not trying to be a stick on the mud, but this can't be the high point of the season. There's too much talent for them to have played so average the first half of the game.

Last edited:
The Secondary needs a total overhaul if they want the team to reach their full potential.

CB- Dailey
CB??? Maybe Mazza, but that's probably a stretch
River/SS- O'Brien
FS- Beck

I don't want to see anyone else out there. If you can't cover or tackle, you shouldn't be playing. Elder was lucky that they weren't going up v a skilled QB.

Agreed...also how about the field goal kicking game? That needs to be automatic every time....was there pressure on the kicker on that missed fg?....I heard the freshman FG kicker is good...any truth to that and if so could he get pulled up to varsity? There's no excuse not to make extra points.

Agreed...also how about the field goal kicking game? That needs to be automatic every time....was there pressure on the kicker on that missed fg?....I heard the freshman FG kicker is good...any truth to that and if so could he get pulled up to varsity? There's no excuse not to make extra points.

The first two missed PATs weren't his fault. This one hit the uprights. And the Frosh Kicker is very good.