Week 3 - Elder at Gahanna Lincoln

I think that throw down the field was the only way Elder was going to win on that drive. Their short-intermediate routes just weren't getting them much yards and time was against them. Big win for this team, they had to be 3-0 heading into the rest of their schedule and they accomplished that

Can someone describe what happened and how Elder came back.....

Elder was trailing, 23-20, and had third and 10 on the Elder 25 with 2:10 remaining. Neither team had any time outs left. Elder's pass was intercepted, but GL was flagged for holding before the pass was thrown. So Elder had first and 10 at the 35 with 1:58 left. A run made it second and 9, a completion third and 6, an incompletion fourth and 6 at the 39. They barely converted, first and 10 on the 45.
An incompletion made it second and 10 with 0:59 left. A completion gave them third and 1 at the GL 46. They ran for eight, first down at the GL 38. First an incompletion, then a td catch by Faillace from Nieman. The xp was good, and Elder led 27-23 with 0:27 left. The game ended on a Bono sack.

Summary:

Bad:

• The Secondary in every way sans the pick by Dailey and a few pass break ups. Horrible in coverage, way too many missed tackles. That unit needs to get fixed right quick or a well skilled QB like Wolf will carve them up worse than the Lincoln QB- who is not a real QB, he's just an athlete with a good arm

• Playcalling- the short to intermediate routes weren't getting anything. Not surprised, the 2 TDs were shots down the field. At times, way too predictable.

•Kicking- Can't keep missing damn PATs

Good:

•Massminster is a baller

• The OL was great almost all night in both run and pass blocking. Refs got a little flag happy on both teams OL tonight.

• Run Defense gave up a few runs over 10 yards, but that was one of the fastest backs in the State. The LB core was outstanding in terms of tackling. That Defensive stand at the end was beautiful.

Lincoln is a good, possibly very good team. Interested to see how they challenge Pick Cent. Everything is there but the QB play.

Great win Panthers. They never gave up. I listened on PSRN and found the game very exciting and frustrating at the same time. I don't know what the record for penalties is, but the two teams must have combined for at least 25 penalties for 200 yds., or perhaps more. Was the game really that sloppy, or where the refs just flag happy in general?

Great win Panthers. They never gave up. I listened on PSRN and found the game very exciting and frustrating at the same time. I don't know what the record for penalties is, but the two teams must have combined for at least 25 penalties for 200 yds., or perhaps more. Was the game really that sloppy, or where the refs just flag happy in general?

IMO, the Refs wanted to be seen this game. These kids play Varsity D1 football, they have skill.