Walk away from $100 million job cuz you don’t want the vax?

This topic is interesting in that the same groups that railed against him last year in his protests about George Floyd are defending him now (and vice versa).
Personally, I think Kyrie is drama queen and I'm not much of a fan of his overall, but I respect the fact that he is principled and stays behind what he puts out there whether I agree with it or not.

Personally, I think Kyrie is drama queen and I'm not much of a fan of his overall, but I respect the fact that he is principled and stays behind what he puts out there whether I agree with it or not.
I am strongly against wearing seat belts when I drive. It is an infringement on my personal freedoms. Since I make sales calls all over town and sometimes drive customers around my boss has made it mandatory that I wear my seat belt. Being that I am “principled” in my beliefs I refused and lost my job. My salary was $35 million per year. Some people think I am crazy to lose such a lucrative job over this but it’s the principle of the matter. Today it’s seat belts, tomorrow they will be telling me that I must have grounded outlets in my house to protect me from electric shock. WTF? This is America. I should be able to do whatever I want, regardless of how it affects me or my fellow citizens. ?

I am strongly against wearing seat belts when I drive. It is an infringement on my personal freedoms. Since I make sales calls all over town and sometimes drive customers around my boss has made it mandatory that I wear my seat belt. Being that I am “principled” in my beliefs I refused and lost my job. My salary was $35 million per year. Some people think I am crazy to lose such a lucrative job over this but it’s the principle of the matter. Today it’s seat belts, tomorrow they will be telling me that I must have grounded outlets in my house to protect me from electric shock. WTF? This is America. I should be able to do whatever I want, regardless of how it affects me or my fellow citizens. ?
grades a very poor effort GIF by 3 Doors Down

Wow, seatbelts are PROVEN safe. How bout that VAX?
A slew of very smart scientists and the CDC say it’s safe. I trust the science. You can thank the science for the fact that you don’t have Polio, Measles, Rubella, Hepatitis B, Tetanus, Mumps, Chicken Pox, Diptheria and Whooping Cough. Thank God your parents trusted science when you were in elementary school. Of course that was before Trump, Fox News, Conspiracy Theories and Tucker Carlson.

Just because you grew up in the hillbilly sticks of Southern Ohio and you have never actually spoken to a black person doesn’t mean that the rest of us are so sheltered. There is a big world out there. Get off your fuc*ing John Deere tractor and experience it you stupid a** John Denver looking loser.
After reading in another thread how morally righteous you are I'm shocked at such wording and name calling from you.

Now say three Hail Marys and show your repentance.???

Can I hear an AMEN for the soul of our Yappi conscience, Mean Machine!

After reading in another thread how morally righteous you are I'm shocked at such wording and name calling from you.

Now say three Hail Marys and show your repentance.???

Can I hear an AMEN for the soul of our Yappi conscience, Mean Machine!
AMEN! I was raised Catholic and when I became an adult I realized that religion is BS. All these people citing their religious beliefs and then turn around and do some hypocritical totally opposite of what’s in the Bible. I live by one credo. Be a good person and do the right thing. Just because the Yappi cult disagrees with my content doesn’t mean I’m not doing just that. BTW, I am against abortion in all cases but rape. (That is my catholic upbringing speaking).

Pretty terrible analogy, but when you make $35 million a year you can afford to be principled. Kyrie playing basketball with or without a Covid shot has almost zero impact on his fellow citizens. Also, why do you care? He made a choice. He is sticking by it. I could care less whether he ever plays another minute of basketball. I would bet my paycheck he is not part of the the Fox News/Maga crowd you don't really care about, but you've made your life goal to bring them down. So again, why is this a problem for you?

Pretty terrible analogy, but when you make $35 million a year you can afford to be principled. Kyrie playing basketball with or without a Covid shot has almost zero impact on his fellow citizens. Also, why do you care? He made a choice. He is sticking by it. I could care less whether he ever plays another minute of basketball. I would bet my paycheck he is not part of the the Fox News/Maga crowd you don't really care about, but you've made your life goal to bring them down. So again, why is this a problem for you?
I am actually more offended that anyone would be so stupid to throw away their entire career over something so minute. Forget the money, he has plenty of that. The man has worked his entire life to reach the pinnacle of his career that less than .05% of the population achieves and he throws it away over a shot. An FDA approved shot that 70% of the US population has already taken. You can call that “admirable” and “principled”. I call it effing ridiculous and stupid. I could care less if he wants the shot. I am chastising the massive scale of ridiculousness.

I am actually more offended that anyone would be so stupid to throw away their entire career over something so minute. Forget the money, he has plenty of that. The man has worked his entire life to reach the pinnacle of his career that less than .05% of the population achieves and he throws it away over a shot. An FDA approved shot that 70% of the US population has already taken. You can call that “admirable” and “principled”. I call it effing ridiculous and stupid. I could care less if he wants the shot. I am chastising the massive scale of ridiculousness.
You're not kyrie Irving so it doesn't matter. You do what you think is right for you. He can do what he thinks is right for him.

Of course, if the mandates are dropped at some point in the future he could find a home on a team still.

You're not kyrie Irving so it doesn't matter. You do what you think is right for you. He can do what he thinks is right for him.

Of course, if the mandates are dropped at some point in the future he could find a home on a team still.
I don’t give a rats what he does. I am simply pointing out that he is being stupid. If you poll 1 million people and ask them about this situation I believe around 975,000 would agree that his decision is stupid.

I don’t give a rats what he does. I am simply pointing out that he is being stupid. If you poll 1 million people and ask them about this situation I believe around 975,000 would agree that his decision is stupid.
You clearly care what he does. Starting the thread and posting multiple times on the subject are not the actions of someone that doesn't care.

And people do stupid things all the time. It would get exhausting to discuss each instance.

A slew of very smart scientists and the CDC say it’s safe. I trust the science. You can thank the science for the fact that you don’t have Polio, Measles, Rubella, Hepatitis B, Tetanus, Mumps, Chicken Pox, Diptheria and Whooping Cough. Thank God your parents trusted science when you were in elementary school. Of course that was before Trump, Fox News, Conspiracy Theories and Tucker Carlson.

Those vaccines you listed actually prevent a person from getting that disease, covid vaxx does not, does not prevent death from covid, so what actual benefit does it give a person ? Please state facts, not just because SJ says so.

From Mercer County Health Dept :
There have been 58 confirmed and 15 probable cases of COVID-19 among fully vaccinated Mercer County residents. Of those individuals, 12 were hospitalized and have since recovered. Four have passed away.

Last edited:
I believe you might be severely disappointed in the results of that poll if you believe that to be true. Stupid is very subjective and the bottom line is a 30ish year old professional athlete in top condition needs a covid vaccination about as much as he needs lung transplant. Forcing people to take a vaccine they don't need to make others around them feel better is stupid in my opinion, but to each is own.

I would like a good explanation on the exact benefits of the vaccine - does it prevent someone from getting covid - no i

Those vaccines you listed actually prevent a person from getting that disease, covid vaxx does not, does not prevent death from covid, so what actual benefit does it give a person ? Please state facts, not just because SJ says so.
Because it's not a vaccine as we know vaccines to be, it is a shot, to help limit symptoms and severe cases similar to a flu shot which has never been mandated by anyone at any point in the country. Some on this board and obviously in our government refuse to accept this as fact, though it is 100% factual.