Walk away from $100 million job cuz you don’t want the vax?

Suuuuuure......I would call you a liar but I know is just because it's Biden who is pushing it. If Trump or Fox news told ya to get it then you'd be first in line.
Trump has pushed it. Hell hes bragged about the vaccines.

It is kind of interesting watching these sports leagues take sides on political issues. They have shown they are willing to move championship games and all-star games for some political reasons. Would they have the backbone to tell California and New York that their mandates went too far and move their home games to a more accommodating state? Withhold playoff games and all-star games if Covid is mostly gone but mandates remain that prevent players from playing?

It will be interesting to see if the NBA or any states continue their mandates if Covid-19 mostly disappears at the beginning of 2022. Will they be quick to allow Kyrie back into the league or will they drag their feet to teach him a lesson?
It's about power, not the virus so yeah itll continue. Once Covid runs its course itll be a new virus as justification.

But he is not the President and not making this mandate. If so we would have a totally different group throwing this hissy fit.
It refutes your point that if Trump endorsed it conservatives would run out to get the shot.

He has endorsed it and people have chosen to not take it.

It's not $100 million, but my wife works for CVS as a district leader and she has pharmacists all making a $150K plus quitting everyday over vaccine mandates. We got into an argument about it last night because she thinks they are stupid and I said good for them. When the people administering the vaccines, which I believe CVS is one of the leaders in the vaccination process across the country, are quitting over vaccine mandates we should all probably take notice and stop blaming Trump and Fox News. These are educated people working in the medical field, making decisions about their own health.

It's not $100 million, but my wife works for CVS as a district leader and she has pharmacists all making a $150K plus quitting everyday over vaccine mandates. We got into an argument about it last night because she thinks they are stupid and I said good for them. When the people administering the vaccines, which I believe CVS is one of the leaders in the vaccination process across the country, are quitting over vaccine mandates we should all probably take notice and stop blaming Trump and Fox News. These are educated people working in the medical field, making decisions about their own health.
That’s pretty eye opening.

They probably know more about the vaccines than Fauci, or even Peppermint Patty.

Let's go Brandon
1634123950180.png

a better way to phrase this thread title would be "how much money would it take for you to put something in your body that you thought was harmful to you?" which is what we are asking kyrie to do. (and many others who don't want the vax despite the lefts best efforts to vilify and demean)

This just illustrates that if you have money, you have options. Joe pay check can't quit over this and not have his life be impacted in a major way.

My long term health is more important than money.
I can appreciate that. That being said $100 million would go a long way to providing financial stability for my entire family for generations. Personally, I am more than willing to risk that an FDA approved vaccine that many millions of Americans have taken will not cause irreparable damage to my long term health. Financial stability would also have positive benefits to one’s health, most notably the absence of stress knowing that you have nothing to worry about from a financial standpoint the rest of your life. That is huge!

It refutes your point that if Trump endorsed it conservatives would run out to get the shot.

He has endorsed it and people have chosen to not take it.
Obviously I meant if he was Prez and enforcing a mandate then the tables would be turned.

I can appreciate that. That being said $100 million would go a long way to providing financial stability for my entire family for generations. Personally, I am more than willing to risk that an FDA approved vaccine that many millions of Americans have taken will not cause irreparable damage to my long term health. Financial stability would also have positive benefits to one’s health, most notably the absence of stress knowing that you have nothing to worry about from a financial standpoint the rest of your life. That is huge!
I assume he is already wealthy, no?

Very sad to see a bunch of racist white people trying to control what a free black man does with his body
That’s one way to look at it. Here’s another. NBA basketball players are part of a team. There is a lot of money, time and work invested in the team by many people from the owner of the team down to the persons working at the concession stand in the arena. The success of the team requires all members to sacrifice for the greater good. A vaccine has been created to combat a deadly disease. This has been going on since the early 1900’s. In an effort to protect the team from said deadly disease it has been required that all team members take the vaccine for the good of the team. Also, when you signed your $100 million contract with the Brooklyn Nets you agreed to abide by team rules and guidelines. You don’t want to abide by the organization’s rules? Fine, you can’t play until you follow the rules. Seems pretty simple to me. Walk away from $100 million and the career you have created since you were very young? OK. Your call. Say what you will but this is completely ignorant to me. By the way, what happened to “Shut up and dribble”? Now all of you care what professional athletes do?

That’s one way to look at it. Here’s another. NBA basketball players are part of a team. There is a lot of money, time and work invested in the team by many people from the owner of the team down to the persons working at the concession stand in the arena. The success of the team requires all members to sacrifice for the greater good. A vaccine has been created to combat a deadly disease. This has been going on since the early 1900’s. In an effort to protect the team from said deadly disease it has been required that all team members take the vaccine for the good of the team. Also, when you signed your $100 million contract with the Brooklyn Nets you agreed to abide by team rules and guidelines. You don’t want to abide by the organization’s rules? Fine, you can’t play until you follow the rules. Seems pretty simple to me. Walk away from $100 million and the career you have created since you were very young? OK. Your call. Say what you will but this is completely ignorant to me. By the way, what happened to “Shut up and dribble”? Now all of you care what professional athletes do?
Deadly disease? IFR is less than 1%.

Reactions: y2h

Everything in bold is a sad attempt to explain away racism.