Top 5 all-time basketball programs in Ohio.

What are the all-time top 5 basketball programs in Ohio? (Select five)

• Akron Central-Hower

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • Archbold

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Canton McKinley

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Cincinnati Moeller

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Cleveland East Tech

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Columbus East

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dayton Dunbar

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Delphos St. John's

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Mansfield Senior

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Middletown

Votes: 29 42.0%
  • Newark

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Ottawa Glandorf

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Portsmouth

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Villa Angela St. Joseph

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • Youngstown Rayen

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Zanesville

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Barberton

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Irish60

I don’t disagree with the list, but I would add

Berlin Hiland. They are solid every year. Boys and Girls.
Barberton Magic’s. From 1970-2010 as good a program and tradition as any in the state. They have fallen victim to open enrollment
I don't know enough about Berlin Hiland to put them on the list, but I'm willing to be convinced! I have added the Magics to the list.

Irish60

St. V being Division II kind of weakens their argument against some of these teams.
I could agree with this point if you are talking strictly about championships. I will agree that winning a D1 title is more challenging than a D2 title. But if you look at their schedule, it is year-in and year-out, one of the toughest in the State. They play EVERYONE! If you look at the talent that goes through that program, it is second to none. So many of their players move on to become big contributors to their college programs. And if you look at how they have handled being the most celebrated/ notorious program (depending on your point of view), it has been very well run, with very little division or divisiveness. And, oh yeah, they have eight state titles... All in all, they belong near the top of the list.

vikings4life

I could agree with this point if you are talking strictly about championships. I will agree that winning a D1 title is more challenging than a D2 title. But if you look at their schedule, it is year-in and year-out, one of the toughest in the State. They play EVERYONE! If you look at the talent that goes through that program, it is second to none. So many of their players move on to become big contributors to their college programs. And if you look at how they have handled being the most celebrated/ notorious program (depending on your point of view), it has been very well run, with very little division or divisiveness. And, oh yeah, they have eight state titles... All in all, they belong near the top of the list.
This is obvious to anyone that understands sports. The criterion that carries the most significance is -SHIPS won. That is why it is SV-SM, VASJ, then everyone else.

PAC_Champ

No doubt that they belong at the top. Strictly was talking championships, when you see them go Divison 1 for one season and make it to states right away and lose to a very good Moeller team, just makes people realize that with their talent and recruiting, they’re really a Division 1 team.

ohiocrew

Ohio's all time best basketball program? If you are considering the most consistent overall winning program covering the past 75 years or more, than there is no question, its Canton McKinley.

ratterbox

What about HAMILTON ? 4 state championships PLUS 1 more when they split into 2 schools (taft & garfield) several runner ups
last championship was 2004.
not very good last 12 years or so I agree but improving Could be in Columbus this year If I am hearing correct