Thread Confusion: How does Professional Football move on from this incident?

I 100% agree, the game went on in almost every instance. Suspending/canceling the game last night was the absolute correct call. However, I disagree a bit about your statement of taking freedom away. Those who may not allow their child to play (insert sport here) choose to do so. That is their freedom to make that decision and does not impact you or I on any way. Living life in a bubble is no way to live but that is their decision. Now, if you or my choice to let our child play is limited, then it becomes an issue.

By the same token, as fun as the lawn dart game was in my youth I understand why it was pulled/removed from circulation and basically outlawed. Sometimes we need rules to protect us from our own stupidity.
LOL yea.. im all for bring back those pointed lawn darts.. this process weeds out the stupid.. it is not a bad thing.

Studies have shown that in females, the weaker neck muscles are a key contributor to concussions. You get to the elite levels and high school, those kicks are hard and to head the ball that's coming at 40-50 MPH is a cause (and continuous in some cases).
But females should play football with the boys!
its crazy..

True, but those 14 work place deaths per day are seldom on national tv with 24 million viewing in real time.

For the most part I think this incident brought out the best in humanity. How many kids were wanting to watch a football game Monday night but now may one day want to become an EMT or doctor? America got to see the training staff work for over 20 minutes trying to save Hamlin’s life. Those who are spiritual probably appreciate and practice their spirituality better now than what they did Monday afternoon. The outpouring of well wishes and donations to Hamlin’s toy drive were a great thing to see. Sad to hear of those few incidents of humanity at its worse, such as the tweets of Hamlin’s injury being the Covid vaccine. Pure stupidity.

In the end this becomes a feel good story because of Hamlin’s recovery. Football is secondary but in about 2 hours the NFL will kick off week 18 and life marches on.
I'm sure God has alot more important things than the outcomes of football games, but it was really cool that the Buffalo Bills returned the opening kickoff yesterday for a TD. It could had been completely random, but many times you just FEEL HIS presence.
Otherwise, I think for most games, it was business as usual. We have to understand that for us here the trenches of everyday life, our lives are not projected on TV for the world to see. ESPN / ABC has milked this for all it's worth, and many people eat this stuff up and will continue to do so. There were still over the top tackles yesterday, cheap shots and people getting in fights. A Packer player actually shoved a Lions medical person who was on the field tending to a player. We THINK these guys are all great guys but that's just a pipe dream. They are just exceptional at football, that doesn't make them great people.

I'm sure God has alot more important things than the outcomes of football games, but it was really cool that the Buffalo Bills returned the opening kickoff yesterday for a TD. It could had been completely random, but many times you just FEEL HIS presence.
Otherwise, I think for most games, it was business as usual. We have to understand that for us here the trenches of everyday life, our lives are not projected on TV for the world to see. ESPN / ABC has milked this for all it's worth, and many people eat this stuff up and will continue to do so. There were still over the top tackles yesterday, cheap shots and people getting in fights. A Packer player actually shoved a Lions medical person who was on the field tending to a player. We THINK these guys are all great guys but that's just a pipe dream. They are just exceptional at football, that doesn't make them great people.
ummm they are exceptional at beating the snot out of other people which is the essence of football.

like it or not, that's what it is.

Studies have shown that in females, the weaker neck muscles are a key contributor to concussions. You get to the elite levels and high school, those kicks are hard and to head the ball that's coming at 40-50 MPH is a cause (and continuous in some cases).
ah that makes a lot of sense, the weaker neck muscles permit the cranium to be deflected more severely and the cranial walls impact the brain floating in cerebrospinal fluid.

My original post has implied a type of confusion in responses. I only ask how or if there will be changes going forward with professional football. I have been around it since I was 5 and am in my 11th year coaching High School. The look on players' faces last night just made me wonder how exactly the game might respond.
My dad never wanted me to play, because he lost his knees to football. By the time my boys were of age they were playing youth football, because we are good at fixing knees now. Large fast athletic boys with great arms and high IQs. Then I saw “Concussion”. No more HS football. Not an order like my Pop, but an educational moment. It was very gratifying to find that they agreed, and quite a relief, tbh.

The little one left a half baseball/half academic schollie to head for the building trades. He said in hindsight that he wishes he had played HS football beyond 9th grade. Not me. One never knows where the CTE damage will present.

True, but those 14 work place deaths per day are seldom on national tv with 24 million viewing in real time.

For the most part I think this incident brought out the best in humanity. How many kids were wanting to watch a football game Monday night but now may one day want to become an EMT or doctor? America got to see the training staff work for over 20 minutes trying to save Hamlin’s life. Those who are spiritual probably appreciate and practice their spirituality better now than what they did Monday afternoon. The outpouring of well wishes and donations to Hamlin’s toy drive were a great thing to see. Sad to hear of those few incidents of humanity at its worse, such as the tweets of Hamlin’s injury being the Covid vaccine. Pure stupidity.

In the end this becomes a feel good story because of Hamlin’s recovery. Football is secondary but in about 2 hours the NFL will kick off week 18 and life marches on.
None of that matters. Who is watching never affects the profession. Play on.

And percentage wise, the highest percentage of concussions for high school student athletes come from.... drum roll... girls soccer. We NEVER hear about any safety protochols in soccer and they have more concussions ( comparative) than football.
Exactly. My daughter played soccer age 4-23…not many head shots 4-10 but in elite and college soccer using your noggin is an important part of the game. Fortunately she never had concussions issues but I saw plenty of what appeared to be concussions over the years…usually head butts when going vertical to direct a ball. I don’t recall much discussion about this, just part of the game.

None of that matters. Who is watching never affects the profession. Play on.

Who is watching Absolutely matters - football is in the entertainment industry. Ultimately you do 1) what is financially profitable 2) What your audience wants/demands

In this instance #2 would have negatively affected #1 long term if they had “played on” that night. And, suspending the game was the right thing to do. Your opinion, you are absolutely entitled to it but it’s a minority one.