The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

As a Tigers fan that was tough to watch.

Question for Reds fans?

I have not really followed much preseason in terms of who is supposed to be good but the Reds looked like a very playoff capable team. Where were they picked in their division?

I've always been a fan of Sonny Gray. That 5'9" dude can hurl. The bullpen was lights out as well. How are the other arms in the rotation?

I never liked Castellanos but he can certainly swing the bat. His swag/arrogance on bad Tiger teams was never a good look. It serves him much better on a winner (Cubs - Reds). With that said the line-up is full of great TEAM guys like Votto and Moustakas but the Japanese kid was a dynamite pick-up. That kid can play.
Castillo goes for the Reds today. His change up is absolutely nasty!

Castillo goes for the Reds today. His change up is absolutely nasty!
Good, he should mow down Tigers left and right. Painful time to be a Tiger fan but I made it through the 90's so I should be alright. ;)

The Reds were just really impressive and fun to watch yesterday. With the modified schedule I'm glad I get to see them more.

I did not realize Moustakas was only 31. Seems like he has been around forever and he always crushed Tiger pitching going back to his KC days.

Thom “Haden gave up more HRs in relief than Iglesias”

Chris: “yeah, and I’d like to have him”

Stop using wonky stats to justify the s**tty pitching from Iglesias

The Bullpen still looks like trash. Way to ruin an outstanding start by Castillo... worthless f**ks

Pretty poor performance by the bullpen. Contending teams don't lose games that your starter dominated that hard.

Let me guess.... the REDS must of lost...

So, since I am not watching I am a bit curious of how many REDS players actually kneeled?

Looked a lot like last year: Castillo masterful for 6 innings: 11K, 1BB, 1R, 6H but maybe 3 hard hit ones. Dominant. Not enough run support for Luis, and the pen blew it, spearheaded by Stephenson and Iglesias. Sure, Lorenzen gave up a bomb to Miggy, but so have lots of other pitchers. I take more issue with letting stiffs like Jacoby Jones and Austin Romine take you deep.

Not sure what the deal is with Iglesias, so much talent but a true head case. I'd try Strop next time. And Garrett looked sharp. The 3 lesser-knowns out of the pen threw well on Saturday, keep running those guys out there also.

Man, Cabrera couldn't hit a Castillo 89-MPH change with a surfboard if he threw 50 of them. A Lorenzen 89-MPH change at the letters, he hit it very much. Shoulda threw the gas because the old man wasn't catching up to 98 yesterday either. Live and learn. Get em today.

Man, Cabrera couldn't hit a Castillo 89-MPH change with a surfboard if he threw 50 of them. A Lorenzen 89-MPH change at the letters, he hit it very much. Shoulda threw the gas because the old man wasn't catching up to 98 yesterday either. Live and learn. Get em today.
Pitch execution over pitch selection.
.the fact it was at the letters, which I doubt he wanted as the change is most effective low and diving out of the zone.

Moose just on "injured list" rather than "10-day injured list." I hope that's better and means he can come back if he has two-straight negative tests.