The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

I almost never illegally stream games online, but when MLB makes it damn near impossible to legally watch games online, the best way is to go to reddit and find an illegal stream.

Thanks for the info, and yeah that’s really dumb on their part. I’d be willing to pay for a subscription to watch them at this point. But it doesn’t even look like that’s an option

Thanks for the info, and yeah that’s really dumb on their part. I’d be willing to pay for a subscription to watch them at this point. But it doesn’t even look like that’s an option
I believe if you have cable or satellite you should be able to stream on the Fox Sports Go app.

I know it’s against the Tigers, but a great outing by Gray, Castellanos on base 3 of 4 abs, and hrs by moose and votto. Great opener so far.
Considering they play the Tigers, Royals and Pirates for a full 1/3 of their season they need to win a bunch against them.... like 15+.

Hard pressed to remember a more complete Opening Day win. I know it’s only 1 game, but in a 60 game season, this is basically equivalent to a 3 game series sweep ( if you round up).

I suppose the Reds may not have had a choice to tell MLB to shove it up their asses, but putting Black Lives Matter on the pitchers mound is the last straw. I am finished with the Reds, MLB, NBA and NFL.

i love all the people who post they will never watch another game, but continue to post in a forum about the reds, mlb, nfl etc. lol

i don't agree with kneeling, blm, wearing a mask, etc.

i'm also going to continue to watch the reds, bengals, etc.

jtk
()

Sonny was nasty, same as last year. My prediction for Joey as NL Comeback POY off to a good start. Moose, Castellanos, Shogo all big contributors. Ideal first game. Tonight hopefully Castillo picks up where he left off, and Suarez gets involved. Could be a fun couple of months.

Sonny was nasty, same as last year. My prediction for Joey as NL Comeback POY off to a good start. Moose, Castellanos, Shogo all big contributors. Ideal first game. Tonight hopefully Castillo picks up where he left off, and Suarez gets involved. Could be a fun couple of months.
Sonny was lights out!

Davidson barely makes the 30 man but starts opening day as the DH? Aquino would have made more sense there. Is there something going on with him they aren't sharing publicly?

Sonny was lights out!

Davidson barely makes the 30 man but starts opening day as the DH? Aquino would have made more sense there. Is there something going on with him they aren't sharing publicly?
Sounds like his rough September continued in winter ball and it carried over to this spring/summer. Maybe they just think he needs to work through some things and the option left allows them both to do that.

As a Tigers fan that was tough to watch.

Question for Reds fans?

I have not really followed much preseason in terms of who is supposed to be good but the Reds looked like a very playoff capable team. Where were they picked in their division?

I've always been a fan of Sonny Gray. That 5'9" dude can hurl. The bullpen was lights out as well. How are the other arms in the rotation?

I never liked Castellanos but he can certainly swing the bat. His swag/arrogance on bad Tiger teams was never a good look. It serves him much better on a winner (Cubs - Reds). With that said the line-up is full of great TEAM guys like Votto and Moustakas but the Japanese kid was a dynamite pick-up. That kid can play.

As a Tigers fan that was tough to watch.

Question for Reds fans?

I have not really followed much preseason in terms of who is supposed to be good but the Reds looked like a very playoff capable team. Where were they picked in their division?

I've always been a fan of Sonny Gray. That 5'9" dude can hurl. The bullpen was lights out as well. How are the other arms in the rotation?

I never liked Castellanos but he can certainly swing the bat. His swag/arrogance on bad Tiger teams was never a good look. It serves him much better on a winner (Cubs - Reds). With that said the line-up is full of great TEAM guys like Votto and Moustakas but the Japanese kid was a dynamite pick-up. That kid can play.
The Reds rotation is possibly a top 5 maybe even top 3 in baseball. We'll see.

Punisher is back.

The #Reds today recalled OF Aristides Aquino and RHP Tejay Antone, placed on the 3-day paternity list C Tucker Barnhart and placed on the 10-day IL IF Matt Davidson (tested positive for COVID-19).

When he appears in a game, Antone will be making his Major League debut.

Punisher is back.

The #Reds today recalled OF Aristides Aquino and RHP Tejay Antone, placed on the 3-day paternity list C Tucker Barnhart and placed on the 10-day IL IF Matt Davidson (tested positive for COVID-19).

When he appears in a game, Antone will be making his Major League debut.
Antone has looked real good in both camps. I'm excited for the kid.
Hopefully Aquino catches fire. He can absolutely crush a baseball.... when he hits it.