The Official 2019 Cleveland Indians Thread

Got a much needed win but will be hard to catch the Twins as HOT as their playing.

Twins hit eight taters yesterday for the second time in this year. 100 total in 50 games. Yelich with 20. Sorry I missed him when he played here.

Peers in Minneapolis office are giving me grief about Indians. LOL

Dolan, a minor league type owner, with a major league manager and ball park. A ball park with a lot of empty seats, that will be even more empty, with the team falling out of the play off race as fast as it is.

I can forgive the mugly loss due to the two wins. 1-3 hitters are pretty solid. The rest, not so much. Can't lose 60 mil (?) again this year, though.

I wonder if that factors in capital appreciation/depreciation. :shrug:

The Tribe could have had Jay Bruce for very little prospect capital and cash. Just pick up the contract. You know the Tribe's baseball people all wanted him, but obviously the Dolans said "no".

Duck the Folans.

The Tribe could have had Jay Bruce for very little prospect capital and cash. Just pick up the contract. You know the Tribe's baseball people all wanted him, but obviously the Dolans said "no".

Duck the Folans.

Phillies are serious this year. Tribe not so much.

2019 MLB Draft

24. Daniel Espino, RHP - Georgia Premier Academy

https://www.baseballamerica.com/players/102338/daniel-espino/

24) Indians: Daniel Espino, RHP, Georgia Premier Academy (Statesboro, Ga.)

There's no question who had the best high school fastball in this Draft. Espino sits at 94-97 mph and has reached triple digits with his fastball, with nice riding action on his four-seamer and heavy sink on his two-seamer. He can overpower hitters with his low-80s slider as well, and his upper-70s curveball isn't far behind. Because of his modest size (6-foot-2, 200 pounds) and long arm action, there is a chance he ends up as a reliever, but it's unquestionably a great arm.

Last edited:
These coming games with the Twins will make or break the Tribe's season,will they be better when the injured return?

Well, I just hope that his "blood condition" isn't leukemia or something equally serious.

I'd love to have one of his razor blade and Sharpie baseball sculptures. I hope he returns to health, if not baseball prowess.