Texas opens up 100%; ends mask mandate

Anywhere between 2-6 per day. Yesterday, I went to 7/11. Mask requirement. Then I went to a Mexican grocery that had no sign on the door, but the 3 people in there had masks on. Then I went to Detweillers where there was a sign and the store was packed. I did see 2-3 people in there without masks but there had to be over 100 people in the store. With exception of some bars that are mostly outside and do not serve food, behavior of workers and customers is pretty similar between Ohio and Florida. This is supported by the polling. 75% of Floridians support mask mandates. Look it up.
That’s fine that how it should be. Give people an option.

Reactions: y2h
Anywhere between 2-6 per day. Yesterday, I went to 7/11. Mask requirement. Then I went to a Mexican grocery that had no sign on the door, but the 3 people in there had masks on. Then I went to Detweillers where there was a sign and the store was packed. I did see 2-3 people in there without masks but there had to be over 100 people in the store. With exception of some bars that are mostly outside and do not serve food, behavior of workers and customers is pretty similar between Ohio and Florida. This is supported by the polling. 75% of Floridians support mask mandates. Look it up.
A business in Fla. can require customers to wear a mask but it is basically unenforceable : https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...s-can-require-face-masks-but-can-t-enforce-it

Sure. Think what you want. You live in your own reality anyway.
Not really . See things pretty clearly for what they are in many areas . The truth is I wouldn’t have any reason to post anything to or about you at all and wouldn’t at all if you weren’t such a relentless troll . EC member opining about reality ? And seeing it ? Living in it ? Pretty funny stuff .

That’s fine that how it should be. Give people an option.
I’m with you on business closures. Give people the data on case counts, put together a red, yellow, green, warning scale and let people decide for themselves. I think what you would have found is that many of the businesses would have failed anyway, but lockdowns could not have been blamed. I saw way to many empty restaurants in the last year to know that people changed their behavior. Regarding masks, that is just an easy thing for people to do even if it is only marginally effective. The politicalization of masks has been super stupid.

Nobody thinks we are all going to die. Risk of death based on age demographic is well publicized. People’s reactions today are more driven by the fact that they may know somebody who has died or been hospitalized. Strict mask mandates do not stop the virus, they slow it. Two masks slow it more. It’s kind of like the vaccine. Zero offers no protection. 1 shot offers some protection. The 2nd shot offers even more.

How did you get so uninformed?
Where is the proof that masks slow down the virus ? 27 million Americans have tested positive, throw in the asymptomatic cases, plus people who got covid but never got tested and probably at least 100 million Americans have had the bat virus. I am sure none of those Americans wore a mask in public.

Reactions: y2h
Oh man, according to Twitter this will kill millions. I’m scared, Twitter mobs are you usually so on point

Where is the proof that masks slow down the virus ? 27 million Americans have tested positive, throw in the asymptomatic cases, plus people who got covid but never got tested and probably at least 100 million Americans have had the bat virus. I am sure none of those Americans wore a mask in public.
Where’s the flu been? Hiding ?

IMO, this is just political theater since most places can still mandate masks, but the hysterics are so over the top, I can’t help but get sucked in. And just like with ND & Bama students and Florida, nothing will happen and the ppl saying the sky is falling will go find something else to freak out over.

That’s surprising to me as when I was down there a few months ago I would have had the percentages much higher. Key difference though would be every time I’m in Ohio I’m in the suburbs or downtown Cincinnati and I was more in the sticks of FL. One of the restaurants I went to, my wife and I were the only ones with masks when we walked in/out/to the restroom and that included the staff. Again, makes sense as I was in the sticks, I’m guessing they were a large part of the 25% you reference.

Dude I’ve been out more than you , traveled more than you , so save I’ll be feeling safer bull crap. Yeah. You’re tough and im scared ? Lmao old man . Now Texas had fully opened up early before right ? What happened ? I think you know . Instead of me going to Australia ?! I’ll pay for you to go to Texas ? How’s that sound ?

smh super spreader

Time to play Punk Lottys greatest hits errr fails ? Lottys predictions and opinions the last year have been so bad that if hé was anywhere else besides a far right wing echo chamber ? Well he doesn’t go anywhere else . The mad scientist. Lmao. Massive voter fraud and Antifa was responsible opinions were the best . «. This isn’t a serious virus people « Was classic . Soit on as usual .
It's not a serious virus for the vast majority of the population.

This is perfect. Texas can be the test site for the entire country. I hope it works out, but Abbott rarely is right about much. If they have a big outbreak then a lot of people will have a lot of comments to take back.
And, yes, that works both ways.

Last edited:
That’s surprising to me as when I was down there a few months ago I would have had the percentages much higher. Key difference though would be every time I’m in Ohio I’m in the suburbs or downtown Cincinnati and I was more in the sticks of FL. One of the restaurants I went to, my wife and I were the only ones with masks when we walked in/out/to the restroom and that included the staff. Again, makes sense as I was in the sticks, I’m guessing they were a large part of the 25% you reference.
I tend to frequent the areas with more people. I have no doubt that small businesses in rural Florida are much lower on the mask wearing. Tourism drives the Florida economy so any area that relies on it will look more like Ohio than it will rural Florida. This is supported by the polling for the wearing of masks.

I’m with you on business closures. Give people the data on case counts, put together a red, yellow, green, warning scale and let people decide for themselves. I think what you would have found is that many of the businesses would have failed anyway, but lockdowns could not have been blamed. I saw way to many empty restaurants in the last year to know that people changed their behavior. Regarding masks, that is just an easy thing for people to do even if it is only marginally effective. The politicalization of masks has been super stupid.
I agree...politicizing masks by the left was stupid.

Even if they are marginally effective i.e. basically worthless.

Restaurants were empty due to capacity limits.

I agree...politicizing masks by the left was stupid.

Even if they are marginally effective i.e. basically worthless.

Restaurants were empty due to capacity limits.
Every statement there is a laughable pile of BS.

It was never a fraud. You were just too dumb to know what it was. I don’t know a single person that thought a national mask mandate was coming from the Federal government. I also heard another funny one pushed by total idiots about 3 weeks ago. Biden was going to ban travel to Florida. You can’t make up how dumb some people are.
Liberals did. Team Biden certainly insinuated it.
The left was giddy over the prospect of Biden forcing holdouts like Florida into a mask mandate.

Mandating them in federal facilities isnt a blip on the radar.

Always with the gibberish crack. Look Lotty anyone can go back and see your far right conspiracy nonsense and how wrong you’ve been about so
Many things . I’ve done it before . From the very beginning of the time I’ve been reading these spaces , from Hillary and Obama going to jail and all their crimes to the present day with your utter nonsense about voter fraud and a stolen election and opining about Antifa being a factor in the stop the steal lie .

Punk Lotty . Chimes in about a post that had nothing to do with him . What happened last year when Texas fully opened early ? Hope it doesn’t happen here a year later . Texas does seem to make poor choices periodically. Hope all goes well .

Pot meet kettle!

You see the whole state of Florida? You’re the most full of shyte poster that’s ever posted on Yappi. How’s Cuomo you slap dyke

This guy lies and then double downs on his lies. Every person I know that lives in Florida or has visited there the last 6 months talks about how lax the businesses are in requiring masks.

This guy lies and then double downs on his lies. Every person I know that lives in Florida or has visited there the last 6 months talks about how lax the businesses are in requiring masks.
Yep. It's like he thinks none of us travel, or know people who travel.