St.V-St.M 2022

I know NOTHING about the coaching staff.

As far as the schedule - at this late (?) date, and the upcoming change in leadershship with a new incoming Athletic Director - I would guess the Irish's 2022 season schedule is set.

Never say never, but I see the Irish only playing 9 games this season. Which begs the pregnant question - why even entertain the thought of scheduling a Canadian team? Teams that have to cross the border, especially in this age of COVID, automatically bring on tons of travel and logistics nightmares to work through. It is not an OHSAA sanctioned game either - i.e. no computer points awarded.

I have never understood that move.
A few coaches I have spoken to over the years, do not like a week off during the season. Unless of course the team is dealing with an inordinate number of injuries.

Does anyone know for sure if the week one contest with Glenville is a Thursday or Friday game? There is conflicting information. The Irish's team page on Arbiter says Thursday - on that same site on the Glenville page it says Friday - and Matt Goul of cleveland.com is reporting it is a Friday.

Anyone else in the know?
Thursday is the game!

That’s what I love to see and I’m also liking that santino kid and Kelkers bond I like how they are working together. I see unity with this football team Coach cistone is doing a great job it seems there’s no selfishness everyone’s working extremely hard numbers are up. I’m excited for what team can do.

That’s what I love to see and I’m also liking that santino kid and Kelkers bond I like how they are working together. I see unity with this football team Coach cistone is doing a great job it seems there’s no selfishness everyone’s working extremely hard numbers are up. I’m excited for what team can do.
This is great to hear (and see!). You know, with Coach Nichols, I thought his youth and enthusiasm would translate well with the players and that you'd have heard these same types of comments about his Irish squads. But for whatever the reason, the teams never really seemed to gel into a cohesive unit. From what I am hearing, this team seems to be preparing for success. They have talent. They've been putting in the work. They appear to be developing a team mentality. Now, they need to develop an identity to carry into the season. They have a TOUGH schedule, so we'll have to wait to see how all this translates onto the field and on the scoreboard, but all the early signs appear promising.

STVM announced their AD hiring today.

Attachments

• AC1D843E-9F88-458D-9A8F-A861532105D3.jpeg
    AC1D843E-9F88-458D-9A8F-A861532105D3.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 57
According to another forum post he is Leaving fenwick because he had issues with parents? Well, ST V parents are going to eat him alive, some of the worst parents problems around exist at that school. Good luck young dude

I didn’t see that post and can’t speak to it. Post the link??

I do know he’s from Brunswick originally, went to UC for college, had gigs in that area for a number of years and now wants to move back closer to home.

The fact that coach cistone has increased the number of players is really amazing we practically have the same number of kids as Hoban. Not just that but I’m hearing a lot of good things from the camp. also what I’ve seen is there are a lot of new coaches as well and some old ones from boarmans tenure.

The fact that coach cistone has increased the number of players is really amazing we practically have the same number of kids as Hoban. Not just that but I’m hearing a lot of good things from the camp. also what I’ve seen is there are a lot of new coaches as well and some old ones from boarmans tenure.
Sounds interesting. But do you think St.V will ever compete on the field? Or with their facilities and quality coaches. If so, how close are they to being there?

Sounds interesting. But do you think St.V will ever compete on the field? Or with their facilities and quality coaches. If so, how close are they to being there?
Well like I said cistone has a couple of boarmans coaches from that 2012-2014 staff with new additions who coached with him at revere so I’m very optimistic a

After seeing them through the years, they just have been no where near the the dominant team they used to be. Has Hoban become more dominant because of their efforts or a lack of StVs. I'm assuming Walsh and to some extent Aquinas figures into this whole equation.

After seeing them through the years, they just have been no where near the the dominant team they used to be. Has Hoban become more dominant because of their efforts or a lack of StVs. I'm assuming Walsh and to some extent Aquinas figures into this whole equation.
Only so many top notch players to go around. When SVSM was getting the Parris Campbells and Donte Bookers, they were dominant. For the last half decade, Hoban has gotten those kids.