St. Ignatius Wildcats 2012

Wait, Maxie are you a parody of a Massillon fan or an actual Massillon fan? Because if you're an actual Massillon fan, you must be the least self-aware person on Earth to even joke about anything shady going on at another school.

Either way, your efforts to hijack a thread entitled "St. Ignatius Wildcats 2012" are duly noted, Maxie. It's good to see that your Ignatius obsession has outlasted your school's willingness to schedule the Wildcats. Good luck to your Tigers this season.

Hey gocats, are you saying that shady things occur at Ignatius? It certainly sounds that way. Please, don't flatter yourself by insinuating my obsession with your football program. NOTHING is further from the truth!!!!!

If Ignatius starts getting more former public school student athletes in the football program that would be a very good indication of the impact. The race of these players is totally irrelevant.

Race is quite relevant when talking about inner city public school kids in Cleveland.

Why do you know this? Do you know LeCharles Bentley personally?

CatAlum even while calling me a "moron" (funny coming from him) even admitted that Bentley donates most of his money to the not well to do kids. Most do happen to be black but I am not saying it is only by race. Although if you listen to Bentley's constant race rants on the various programs he has been on for the radio, you can see that most of his money probably goes to that race in particular.

But I never said all of the financial aid and scholarships had anything to do with race in my post. With Bentley, yes it probably has a lot to do with race. Everything does with him. But with the school I was more talking about overall scholarships. While many private school guys including CatAlum constantly talk about the tuition being a huge detriment to prospective athletes, they very rarely bring up the ways that these issues can be circumvented. Any booster can donate these so called academic scholarships that just so happen to go to stud athletes.

And I was going to leave it alone, but with his name calling here along with persistent stirring it up in our official thread, I feel CatAlum needs some of his own medicine. Usually I would avoid official threads for arguments but why bother when Iggy guys love so much to post in our thread and poke whenever humanly possible?

Just because it brings up the other side that you prefer to ignore doesn't mean it is wrong. The stuff about Bentley being a racist though isn't my own thinking solely. It is widely talked about because the guy brings up race as much as Jesse Jackson.

I probably know as much as you do. Very much doubt that you can trace where all the money and scholarships go. If it were more transparent, everyone would know who is right or wrong. It is just very fishy that these so called academic scholarships can be handed out by boosters whenever they feel like it. Rules can be easily circumvented with that formula. Not saying Ignatius has widespread stuff happening but any private could get around it if they wanted to.

How about this. Observe the Ignatius football team for the next ten years or so. If there suddenly is an influx of big, fast, talented football players from the inner city, then you have every right to question whether or not the Bentley scholarships go to football players. If you see the same type team make up, then you will know that your ideas have no foundation.

How many starters return from last years State Championship team?

How many players who got decent playing time return?

Thank You

How many starters return from last years State Championship team?

How many players who got decent playing time return?

Thank You

here is the info from another poster in another thread:

OFFENSE- McVey (TB), Byrne (T), Cray (G), Franko (G), Hennessy (WR)
DEFENSE - Kavalec (E), Gawlik (E), Katusha (NT), Fanning (CB)

I included Gawlik, technically not a starter, but who started a few important games late in the season, when Kavalec was hurt...and played very well. Others who played a fair amount or at important times late in the season...Baker (CB/S); Siragusa (WR). [also, Bendokaitis (LB) and Zingale (WR) got substantial PT, plus McVey and Kavalec will get some two-way action]

here is the info from another poster in another thread:

OFFENSE- McVey (TB), Byrne (T), Cray (G), Franko (G), Hennessy (WR)
DEFENSE - Kavalec (E), Gawlik (E), Katusha (NT), Fanning (CB)

I included Gawlik, technically not a starter, but who started a few important games late in the season, when Kavalec was hurt...and played very well. Others who played a fair amount or at important times late in the season...Baker (CB/S); Siragusa (WR). [also, Bendokaitis (LB) and Zingale (WR) got substantial PT, plus McVey and Kavalec will get some two-way action]

Thank you very much,it's much appreciated.

With Bentley, yes it probably has a lot to do with race. Everything does with him.

Don't really agree with his lawsuit or like his race baiting and such on the radio but at least he gives back to his school

The stuff about Bentley being a racist though isn't my own thinking solely. It is widely talked about because the guy brings up race as much as Jesse Jackson.

So to recap, LeCharles Bentley is always bringing up race and race baiting. Not MentorGrad2002. Just so we're clear here.

Now that that's settled, let's get back on topic.

How about this. Observe the Ignatius football team for the next ten years or so. If there suddenly is an influx of big, fast, talented football players from the inner city, then you have every right to question whether or not the Bentley scholarships go to football players. If you see the same type team make up, then you will know that your ideas have no foundation.

Well said and agreed. :clap:

So to recap, LeCharles Bentley is always bringing up race and race baiting. Not MentorGrad2002. Just so we're clear here.

Now that that's settled, let's get back on topic.

So talking about someone else race baiting on the radio means that I now bring it up all the time? That is flawed logic to say the least. Bringing up what someone does doesn't mean you do it yourself.

Ignatus 24 McKinley 6 in the 3 quarters of the Jamboree.
Ignatius 1 score to none for McKinley in the OT session.
Positives: defense, pass game (at times)
Downsides: Oline in the running game; Byrne with ice on his knee (not clear if he ended up on crutches or not)

Observattions:
Hit of the night. The new FB, #43, lead block knocked the DE back on his fanny making hole for long run by McVey.

The QB and receivers look amazingly like last years guys, top notch.

The overall D also appears top notch..

Fashion note: 'To the guys that go the black shoe and short black or no sox look, it makes you look smaller and slower.....and looks fugly,.

on to Week 1 and Mooney............as a side note, any inside knowledge to better places to park for the event next Saturday......I know the usual spots, but was just curious.........

Observattions: Fashion note: 'To the guys that go the black shoe and short black or no sox look, it makes you look smaller and slower.....and looks fugly,.

Yes, totally agree. The mid-calf white sock plus white tape on the black shoe is the best look.:thumb:

Mark Myers, who left Pitt, sets the John Carroll single game passing record in his first start@ JCU...457 yards, surpassing Tom Arth's record. And, the game was played in Dublin, Ireland.

What a great experience for the JCU program. The Streaks have done European trips before for exhibitions but very cool to play a real game in Ireland as part of the larger week the culminates with this morning's Notre Dame-Navy game. JCU might surprise some people this year. They've picked up quite a few DI transfers in the last year or two.

Mark Myers, who left Pitt, sets the John Carroll single game passing record in his first start@ JCU...457 yards, surpassing Tom Arth's record. And, the game was played in Dublin, Ireland.