St.Edward 2004

God Bless Mark Dietrick we should feel good that young men like him are protecting our country. Also, Duke McKeon class of 1990 received the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal. God Bless Duke also.

Edge, you know you need shoes. shoremenpride and myself will be available between 10 and 6 on saturday. do your feet a favor.

Fallsdog,
Fighting the flu, but if I am better I will come up. Actually all of my shoes are from your place except my athletic shoe's. I usually have a female pick them up from Jerry for me.

I ordered mine from jjhuddle.com. Really impressive. It's kinda like Ohio Future Stars Magazine. It has the Top 100 seniors, top juniors by position, top sophomores, and freshmen. The seniors start the mag off, but within it is articles on other sports. Very nice. You consider checking it out.

According to Eaglemercenary....Elder and St.Ed's are exploring the possibility of playing each other as soon as 2005. Hopefully the two sides get this done...would be fun to see a series between the two schools.

If anyone wants to know what EagleSE and Edge86 look like they need to go to the St.Edward 2003-2004 thread in the wrestling forum.

I would love a chance to play Elder more often. We are 0-3 all time, so it would be nice to get the chance to break through with a win.

1996 - @Elder - Elder 23-7
1997 - @Eds - Elder 35-28 (3OT)
2003 - @Canton - Elder 31-7 (State Title Game)

It would be nice to give Cincinnati Moeller a loss in 2004, since the Eagles have never beat them.

In 1997 against Elder the Eagles got robbed at the end of the game. A pass interference penalty was called on St.Edward when the pass was incomplete. The guy never touched the receiver and Elder ended up scoring. EagleSE remembers this probably better then I do!

I certainly do and even watched the game films after the game...our DB never even touched the guy...and the ball was thrown on the track. However, as they say...it's all history now.

I was also at the 1996 game in the pit and really enjoyed the atmosphere, would love to head down that way again. I certainly liked the pit better then Lockland.

EagleSE said:
I certainly do and even watched the game films after the game...our DB never even touched the guy...and the ball was thrown on the track. However, as they say...it's all history now.

The back judge was severely out of position and made a terrible call. I am still not over it.

JazzyJeff,
Usually when someone isn't over something from that far back he was personally involved? Were you the DB or on that team?

JJ, it was a tough one for the Eagles, a win put us in the play-offs and with the loss we sat home.

It was one of the most entertaining games to watch. When Elder went up two TD's on Eds I was starting to lose faith and I should not have lost faith, because Elder made the mistake of kicking off to D'Juan Groce who was in the end zone a few seconds later....we never lost the momentum again, that is until that ref threw the flag on that pass play.

Eaglemercenary,

Any word on talent that may be coming to St.Edward next season? You can send me a PM if you want.

Fallsdog,

Still fighting the flu...not sure if I will make it in to see you and Shoremanpride today. One of my best friends from Avon Lake(Class of '99) is in Kissimmee, Florida for Major League Umpire School for six weeks. No doubt in my mind he is going to make it.

Next week is decision day for all the Catholic school students. You remember how that goes Edge? You went through it...long time ago...long, long time ago... :)

Edge86:

If last year was an A+, as most of us agree based on the performance of the herbs, then it appears that we are at about a B+ at this point, with a better probability of that grade going up rather than down.

Gib has been tireless in his efforts. His enthusiasm is contagious.

Re: Edge86:

eaglemercenary said:
If last year was an A+, as most of us agree based on the performance of the herbs, then it appears that we are at about a B+ at this point, with a better probability of that grade going up rather than down.

Gib has been tireless in his efforts. His enthusiasm is contagious.

Eaglemercenary,

The offensive line for the 2003 freshman was the best unit I have seen at St.Ed's. The FB is a tough runner and blocker and the TB (Nate Oliver) runs with speed, power and the ability to make people miss.

The defense swarmed the ball and I like the two tough freshman (Miranda and Skoczen) corners.

I still think this class is missing a top notch QB.

I give the freshman class an A.

I love Gibbons enthusiasm which rubs off on the kids. He is definitely a players coach and one I would have enjoyed playing for. Hopefully he can land at least one promising freshman passer (Over 6ft.) who can help lead the classes of 2007 and 2008.

Edge, with your tough grading I'm glad I never had you for a teacher. I'm with Eaglemercenary on the A+, if we had a stronger QB then maybe and H or and H++

EagleSE,

The plus just shows that they need improvement. I will give out the plus to any class that makes the state championship.

Edge, I don't think anyone would have rated the 04' class an A+ or even an A, so it's very difficult to predict how far a team will go down the road. But you and I both know the current "herb" class might be one of the best or at least rivalies the best that Eds has had over the last ... say 25 years. Would you agree to that point?

And hope your feeling better. Your old neighbor is recovering from a knee replacement at St. John's...stop by to see her.

EagleSE,

I give the 2004 Class a A+ for heart and determination. Eaglemercenary and I totally disagree with the fact he thinks the 2003 team would dismantle the 1986 team. He didn't get to witness the 1986 team like I did. As you know I followed the 2003 team on the Road as well as Home all season. I think our disagreement is that he believes they were physically trained better. I don't know of too many teams that were as quick and strong as the Eagles 1986 Eagles starters. The Eagles of 1986 were a strong, close knit, determined bunch of athletes with a better defense then the 2003 team in my opinion.

Actually I just heard to that she had hip replacement surgery. If I am feeling up to it I might be over today to visit.

Eaglemercenary is still my man...even family disagree's at times. :angel: :D

Well I believe that I'm an unbiased observer of both those teams, 86' and 03'. I don't think either team would have dismantled one another. I think it would have been a great game and would have paid good money to see them play. I believe either team would have won the game depending upon the time of season, however I would have to say that 86's O was better and maybe 03' D might have been a little better. I know you will disagree on my assumptions...but that's the way it goes.