St.Edward 2004

Edge86

The St.Edward 2003 Football thread and team were such a huge success that it has been moved to the Yappi Archives. Hopefully the new St.Edward 2004 Football thread and team will even be bigger and better in the coming year.

Go Eagles!

I'll be the first to respond. Go Eagles (except in week 10). With your underclassmen on the varsity level and excellent jv and frosh, the future is very bright in the nest. I often think we're the smaller version of St. Ed's on the east side of Cleveland.

With guys like McCarthy, not that much smaller Mr. B.

I do like the returning talent that the Eagles have for next year. A good hard working off season in the weight room should get them prepared for a successful campaign. I'm not sure I like their schedule, but I do like the fact that they have ten games. It is very difficult to put together a schedule where your team is not beat up by the end of the year, yet you can get enough tough games to improve week after week.

Lot's of talent in the frosh., soph., and junior class should make for a winning record next year and hopefully the fifth straight play-off appearance for Coach Gibbons as the Eagles head coach.

I know i didn't go to Ed's but i feel like family, well it could be because i like the bars in Lakewood, but i just wanted to say that it will be fun to follow them in 2004 with all that talent that they have.

eastside_purple said:
These posts should all be deleted until 2004 really begins...cheaters! :D ;)

Outsiders would have cried if we kept the old thread going and now that the St.Edward 2003 has been placed in the Yappi Hall of Fame, we had no choice but to start a new thread at this time. Besides the 2003 thread didn't start until the 2nd week of February, so I don't think it will be a crime to start 2 days before 2004 officialy begins.

LilEdge86...you are family. You have strong root since your father is a "72 graduate of St.Edward. :D

eastside_purple,

What's the deal? Gibbons sent a 10 year contract to play Elder and they chickened out!

I think Ramsey got wind of the Ed frosh team. What do you call them...the Spice Boys? He didn't want any part of them. Can you blame him? ;) :D

Seriously, did Elder decline or just not respond/counter (yet)?

St. Edward Football Schedule 2004

08/28 7:30pm H Cleveland South
09/03 7:30pm A Lakewood
09/10 7:30pm A Maple Heights
09/18 7:00pm H Akron Central Hower
09/25 7:30pm A Warren Harding
10/02 7:00pm H D.C. Calvin Coolidge
10/08 7:30pm H Massillon Washington
10/16 7:00pm A Cleveland St. Ignatius (Byers Field)
10/23 7:30pm H Cincinnati Arch. Moeller
10/30 2:00pm H Cleveland Benedictine

2003's schedule was on the road in Indiana, Pennsylvania, Cincinnati, Massillon and Youngstown. The 2004 season will be a nice change to see more Home games.

The offense returns a number of key guys

Ed Wisnieski OL
Alex Boone OL
Troy Gannon OL
Alex Spooner TE
Kevin Reese TE
Anthony Gardner WB
Kyle Skoczen WR
Paxton Rose TB
Greg Miranda TB

Not many guys on the D

Nate Smith
Joe Kleinsmith

I could see Skoczen and Rose getting substantial time on D.

I think the biggest question mark is going to be the D line and linebackers. Maybe the freshman, Ben Kuhar can help here.

Elder Contract

No response as of yet on the ten year offer.

Hey eastside_purple...we would consider an alternate proposal. If you want to mediate this with ramsey, we'll work with you!

Just send me a PM.

Re: Elder Contract

eaglemercenary said:
No response as of yet on the ten year offer.

Hey eastside_purple...we would consider an alternate proposal. If you want to mediate this with ramsey, we'll work with you!

Just send me a PM.

I'm flattered, but I don't know Dabbelt or Ramsey well enough to approach them about this. I would love to see some series get established...I would guess Elder administration would as well.

Auggie said:
Must be nice to have 9 games in Cuyahoga County.

I really have no excuse to miss any games next year. This year I went to 7 of 10 games, plus all 5 playoff games. Hopefully I can make it 15 of 15 next year. :) ;)

I don't know how true this is, but over on cleveland.com someone mentioned that Iggy vs. Bene in week 1 is now official.

eaglepride....that's always a tough one to believe...not the game...just anything said on Clevelandlive.

If Iggy plays Bene we are getting closer and closer to a NEO independent Super Conference with Harding, Massillon, St. Edward, St. Ignatius, and Benedictine. As it stands all teams play one another except Iggy/Bene and Harding/Bene. This would make the only gap to fill a Harding/Bene game. You'd also have to give tons of credit to Bene for putting together that kind of schedule.

That post on cleveland.com has a lot of validity to it but I have no direct confirmation so I will not say it's a done deal.

The possible Bene v. Iggy game has been in the planning stages for most of December with the Bengals hoping for a week 3 and Iggy preferring a week 1. When Lake Catholic, who was supposedly tied to a new conference foe that week, all of a sudden appeared at week 3 I knew something was up.

Hey EP...

Just call Ramsey as an Elder MegaFan and tell him the Eagles are talking trash on Yappi !!! Tell him a fib, for example, that Gibby has challenged him to a decathalon event at half-time. I am confident that you can get him cranked up!

MCGal said:
EP,

the first st. ed 2004 thread is in the archives at 16 pages or something like that.

MCGAL,

It wouldn't be worth saving in the archives if it was at 16 pages. Besides it's the St.Edward 2003 thread that was moved to the Yappi Hall of Fame with 105 pages, 3,148 replies and 53,828 views. That Edge86 guy set a poster record for one person in a single thread with over 1,000 of his own posts...what a crazed Eagle he is! I think he needs :help: :D

eaglemercenary said:
Hey EP...

Just call Ramsey as an Elder MegaFan and tell him the Eagles are talking trash on Yappi !!! Tell him a fib, for example, that Gibby has challenged him to a decathalon event at half-time. I am confident that you can get him cranked up!

The decathalon event should be seperate as I'm sure many fans of both schools would pay to see those two go at it. :D

I'm sure something will get done in the way of a series between Elder and Ed. I am told Elder repects both big Catholic schools up North. Not sure why Ed wouldn't have heard anything back from Elder yet...I would assume Elder may be looking at their possible schedules a couple years out to figure out what is best. If you are serious about having an Elder yappi poster inquire... EHS2001 and PSRN (the radio guy) have much closer contact to Elder administration than I.