springfield v miamisburg

My sources who were at the game said SHS was beaten worse than scoreboard. Just football fans that wanted to see them live. Beaten

One. Play against miamisburg. Gut check time How’s that for this year. Two nights ago. One gritty play. And the defense failed to step up. Eyewitnesses said miamisburg was just better Pretty good indication of where your headed. Participation ribbons
And of course there’s always next year

One. Play against miamisburg. Gut check time How’s that for this year. Two nights ago. One gritty play. And the defense failed to step up. Eyewitnesses said miamisburg was just better Pretty good indication of where your headed. Participation ribbons
And of course there’s always next year
And where was your defense against St Ignatius?? When SHS played St Ignatius, our defense got a pick 6 late in the game to win. Your defense let Ignatius and Trinity march downfield and win, right? Hence, SHS still has higher Harbins than St X which you said tells us everything. And what makes you think X could beat Miamisburg? They seem to fit the profile of teams X loses to. Of course, we have proof SHS would beat St Ignatius now don't we...

No. The score counts. SHS lost. D couldn’t step up when it counted eyewitness said it was bad. Just bad
Well, I heard differently. And I am going by my sources, and their videos. But I find it interesting that you concede the final score does not necessarily reflect the team and its effort. Like the Harbins, I now have you boxed in on this too. Also, how could SHS have been beaten "worse than the scoreboard?" SHS was winning til the final seconds. They needed a 2 pt conversion to get a 1 point lead. Check yourself.

My sources say differently
Most are used to watching teams with state trophies. So they may not totally get this brand of football If you don’t believe me it was reported in the Dayton Daily news. SHS finally got the press they deserved …. as for the Harbins. Still looking up to GCL. (Go Big Moe) As many have pointed out I’m not an X fan. Just a GCL fan. 7.5 feet. Miamisburg. And SHS failed to meet the gut check kinda like they failed to Show vs elder and x….
Moes up this year. Should be fun
How many state trophies does the GWOC have.

looking at the stats SHS only scored 17 points when facing one of the top defenses in the GWOC. Their defensive shutouts came against the three worst offenses in the GWOC. Add in the loss to miamisburg and I am starting to think the centerville win was an anomaly. Centerville did handle business in overtime this weekend. Stepped up when they needed to. Maybe that writer knew they were deserving of a number 1 vote.

Well, I heard differently. And I am going by my sources, and their videos. But I find it interesting that you concede the final score does not necessarily reflect the team and its effort. Like the Harbins, I now have you boxed in on this too. Also, how could SHS have been beaten "worse than the scoreboard?" SHS was winning til the final seconds. They needed a 2 pt conversion to get a 1 point lead. Check yourself.
Bad loss. Problems exist. Watch the game or videos for yourself and stop standing behind second hand information.

Bad loss. Problems exist. Watch the game or videos for yourself and stop standing behind second hand information.
I did watch the video that was sent to me. By the way, how do you have room to talk? Wayne is a mess since Minton left. And it's getting worse. And they have lost 5 straight to SHS, including playoffs. And you wanna criticize someone else that "problems exist?" Start with your own team and program.

My sources say differently
Most are used to watching teams with state trophies. So they may not totally get this brand of football If you don’t believe me it was reported in the Dayton Daily news. SHS finally got the press they deserved …. as for the Harbins. Still looking up to GCL. (Go Big Moe) As many have pointed out I’m not an X fan. Just a GCL fan. 7.5 feet. Miamisburg. And SHS failed to meet the gut check kinda like they failed to Show vs elder and x….
Moes up this year. Should be fun
How many state trophies does the GWOC have.
Well, if SHS makes the final 4 again, I hope they get a GCL team, and then St Edward for their 1st state crown. So then, I can rub your nose in it all. And btw, SHS has only existed for 13 years. And their program is doing much better than St X was 13 years after the playoffs began. How long did it take X to get to State and win a state title? Decades right? Much longer than 13 years. What'd ya think of Wayne's 37-14 regional seminal win over X's nationally rated team? And their 24-14 win over Elder? And all of their other playoff wins over your precious GCL?

Ok, I was at this game, so I will offer a few thoughts. Just my opinion, but thought I would jump in for what it is worth.
First note, I read above that "Springfield got owned" by Miamisburg. Not close to accurate. This was a well contested, well played game. It so happened that 'burg scored last and went for a "go for it all" win and were judged to have converted it. I was too far from the pylon ( across the field but at the 5 yard line) to tell if the Davis made it there on the 2-point conversion, but i stil have not seen evidence that he did. If you have it, post it please.
3. It is my belief that the real key to the Miamisburg win was limiting Smoot's scrambling. I know he rushed for over 100 yards , but in other games I have seen him play, he is very dangerous when routes go deep, defenders follow and he breaks through the first wave. Miamisburg limited that nicely and I thought that was very important. Miamisburg db's covered well and the front 7 did not allow breakaway scrambles.
4. Miamisburg responded when they needed to and deserved to be in the game and get the win.
5. This was simply a road upset of a solid football team by a solid football team.
I am glad I chose it as my personal "game to attend" this week.
6. I think Springfield is the better team and will be just fine in the tournament. They were not the better team on this night.
7. Some very good players on these teams.

Well, if SHS makes the final 4 again, I hope they get a GCL team, and then St Edward for their 1st state crown. So then, I can rub your nose in it all. And btw, SHS has only existed for 13 years. And their program is doing much better than St X was 13 years after the playoffs began. How long did it take X to get to State and win a state title? Decades right? Much longer than 13 years. What'd ya think of Wayne's 37-14 regional seminal win over X's nationally rated team? And their 24-14 win over Elder? And all of their other playoff wins over your precious GCL?
Please focus on this year.

5. This was simply a road upset of a solid football team by a solid football team.
In all seriousness as a GWOC fan that is what concerns me for SHS. I tried to state this above and did not do a very good job of it. They may be in trouble against a team that is solid on both ends. The shutouts came against lesser offenses and the better defenses they have played they have not put up a lot of points.

Ok, I was at this game, so I will offer a few thoughts. Just my opinion, but thought I would jump in for what it is worth.
First note, I read above that "Springfield got owned" by Miamisburg. Not close to accurate. This was a well contested, well played game. It so happened that 'burg scored last and went for a "go for it all" win and were judged to have converted it. I was too far from the pylon ( across the field but at the 5 yard line) to tell if the Davis made it there on the 2-point conversion, but i stil have not seen evidence that he did. If you have it, post it please.
3. It is my belief that the real key to the Miamisburg win was limiting Smoot's scrambling. I know he rushed for over 100 yards , but in other games I have seen him play, he is very dangerous when routes go deep, defenders follow and he breaks through the first wave. Miamisburg limited that nicely and I thought that was very important. Miamisburg db's covered well and the front 7 did not allow breakaway scrambles.
4. Miamisburg responded when they needed to and deserved to be in the game and get the win.
6. I think Springfield is the better team and will be just fine in the tournament. They were not the better team on this night.
7. Some very good players on these teams.
What did you think of the TD pass before the 2 point conversion? Alot of people are talking about that too. They're saying it was a forward lateral bc the qb was not behind the LOS. And everyone from Springfield who was there or who watched it on Spectrum says the 2 point conversion was short. They thought SHS had won and were stunned when the ref called it good.

Last edited:
I did watch the video that was sent to me. By the way, how do you have room to talk? Wayne is a mess since Minton left. And it's getting worse. And they have lost 5 straight to SHS, including playoffs. And you wanna criticize someone else that "problems exist?" Start with your own team and program.
I agree. Wayne is a mess. It’s disheartening after what he built but I am encouraged as of late. Time will tell…

I agree. Wayne is a mess. It’s disheartening after what he built but I am encouraged as of late. Time will tell…
I still don't understand why the school board got rid of Minton. Nobody will tell the details. Was it because he never actually won the state championship? I'm sure that's disappointing but 4 state runner up finishes is very impressive. Especially when Wayne never won a playoff game before Minton. I would have thought he had clout and job security for as long as he wanted to coach there.

My sources tell me SHS can't close a big game this year just like they couldn't close a big game last year...:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Also, SHS by 35 this week...:cry:
Centerville would disagree with you about that. So would Olentangy Liberty last year. That's when they received their 2d consecutive regional championship trophy. But I understand you wouldn't know about those things.

Centerville would disagree with you about that. So would Olentangy Liberty last year. That's when they received their 2d consecutive regional championship trophy. But I understand you wouldn't know about those things.
Got lucky that you got to dodge the Bolts after the Covid no contest...after they won round 1

Obviously someone photo shopped this. Eyewitness reports beg to differ
I trust the sources I've spoken to. Some of them are not on Yappi and they were at the game.
Here is the game winning two point conversion. Look close and you can pretty clearly see the ball hit the pylon.

Attachments

• C4135482-F98D-4FFE-B613-CA52A9E7457C.jpeg
    C4135482-F98D-4FFE-B613-CA52A9E7457C.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 33
Got lucky that you got to dodge the Bolts after the Covid no contest...after they won round 1
Lucky?? We were boarding the bus when your people called my people and begged us not to come. Btw, SHS won 2 rounds before that. They beat Toledo Whitmer and Wayne. Then they beat Northmont 2-0 via the no contest. Then they shutout Liberty 19-0. If I recall correctly, Marysville scored a ton of points on NM and had the lead late and appeared to be headed to victory, before your people pulled a desperate Hail Mary or something. NM looked really bad against Marysville.

Last edited:
Here is the game winning two point conversion. Look close and you can pretty clearly see the ball hit the pylon.
I'm interested in seeing the TD pass before this. Was it a forward lateral? Was the qb behind or in front of the line of scrimmage when he passed? That's what I'm hearing alot about.