springfield v miamisburg

Late season losses usually indicate more than an early season loss. The wheels may be coming off in Springfield and in Cincinnati. D1 champ may come out of Cleveland, Columbus or Miamisburg.

Springfield came out flat like Miamisburg was going to lay down for them. Miamisburg has now pulled upsets in back to back seasons. Schneider had his kids fired up and pulled out a ton of gadget plays that worked. Also some extra motivation Miamisburg DC is Springfield previous coach Gillespie who also works as a teacher at Springfield.

This must of been the weekend of upsets Moe beat Eds, Iggy beats X

I heard a UFO was hovering above the SHS huddle and relaying the plays to Miamisburg....i wasn't there, but thats what I heard. Video is in the OHSAAs hands.
Several of my sources are regular posters here on Yappi. They posted detailed reports here about what they saw and think. So, you should discuss it with them. And the video they cite is from Spectrum who televised the game live. On another note, when Ohio State's fumble recovery for a TD against Clemson in the playoff game was reversed as an incomplete pass, maybe it was the same UFO that beamed down aliens disguised as the SEC game refs who reversed the TD. And maybe it was actually the mother ship instead of the SEC home office in Birmingham who reviewed the video and gave orders to reverse the call on the field. That's a much more likely scenario than any possibility the refs were biased and knowingly making bad calls in Clemson's favor throughout the game because they wanted 2 teams from the South in the national championship game.

Last edited:
Several of my sources are regular posters here on Yappi. They posted detailed reports here about what they saw and think. So, you should discuss it with them. And the video they cite is from Spectrum who televised the game live. On another note, when Ohio State's fumble recovery for a TD against Clemson in the playoff game was reversed as an incomplete pass, maybe it was the same UFO that beamed down aliens disguised as the ACC game refs who reversed the TD.
I told my kids years ago if you put yourself in a position that a call or two by a ref can determine the outcome of the game it’s on your team as much as the refs. Don’t worry about the calls worry about what got you there.

Or Marysville

I told my kids years ago if you put yourself in a position that a call or two by a ref can determine the outcome of the game it’s on your team as much as the refs. Don’t worry about the calls worry about what got you there.
That may be true, but we're talking about the specific plays that resulted in the scoring of actual points that decided the game. Again, I wasn't there. If you want to debate this, then take it up with the other posters who talked about this. They say the Spectrum video clearly shows something different than the calls made on the field. You could say the same thing about Ohio State-Clemson from 2 years ago. You're probably right OSU didn't play their best that night. But that doesn't change the fact they lost by 7 points after the refs took away 7 points by reversing the fumble on the field when the replay clearly showed a fumble. Everyone - including NFL refs - said it was a fumble. Everyone who watched that game believes the refs were clearly biased throughout the game. And again, we're not just talking about plays on TD drives. It's about the actual plays where the TDs were actually scored. Sometimes, you have to beat the other team, and the refs. To this day, many people feel Clemson did not win that game on the field, myself included.

Last edited:
Springfield came out flat like Miamisburg was going to lay down for them. Miamisburg has now pulled upsets in back to back seasons. Schneider had his kids fired up and pulled out a ton of gadget plays that worked. Also some extra motivation Miamisburg DC is Springfield previous coach Gillespie who also works as a teacher at Springfield.

This must of been the weekend of upsets Moe beat Eds, Iggy beats X
And ironically, all 3 teams who lost this weekend very well will probably make the final 4 with 1 of them winning it all.

And ironically, all 3 teams who lost this weekend very well will probably make the final 4 with 1 of them winning it all.
I would agree...But a loss is a loss, move on. SHS cant have a let down like this past weekend or it will be an early exit. You would have to agree that the Miamisburg game had no business coming down to a few plays.

I would agree...But a loss is a loss, move on. SHS cant have a let down like this past weekend or it will be an early exit. You would have to agree that the Miamisburg game had no business coming down to a few plays.
Again, I wasn't there. But the stats from that game prove they didn't play their best when you compare to stats from the Centerville game. I expected Miamisburg would be a good opponent. It looks to me like a letdown after the big win over Centerville. To me, the issue isn't whether they played their best game or not. You can play a bad game and still find a way to win like game 1 against St Ignatius. But, I think what people take issue with is how the refs appear to have erroneously awarded points that decided this game which ended up being decided by 1 point. Again, we're not talking about plays on drives that led to TDs. We're talking about whether TDs actually occurred on specific plays. Just like the OSU-Clemson game. To this day, people feel that bad call where they reversed the fumble affected the final outcome. There is no question those refs from the SEC for that game were biased and making bad calls to help bail Clemson out when it appeared OSU was about to runaway with it. As far as the future goes, I'm not worried about SHS. Their performance in the Centerville game shows what they're capable of and that they are a legit state contender. Now, its up to them to show up and execute at each game. And that is not a guarantee for anyone as we saw this weekend.

Last edited:
Again, I wasn't there. But the stats from that game prove they didn't play their best when you compare to stats from the Centerville game. I expected Miamisburg would be a good opponent. It looks to me like a letdown after the big win over Centerville. To me, the issue isn't whether they played their best game or not. You can play a bad game and still find a way to win like game 1 against St Ignatius. But, I think what people take issue with is how the refs appear to have erroneously awarded points that decided this game which ended up being decided by 1 point. Again, we're not talking about plays on drives that led to TDs. We're talking about whether TDs actually occurred on specific plays. Just like the OSU-Clemson game. To this day, people feel that bad call where they reversed the fumble affected the final outcome. There is no question those refs from the SEC for that game were biased and making bad calls to help bail Clemson out when it appeared OSU was about to runaway with it. As far as the future goes, I'm not worried about SHS. Their performance in the Centerville game shows what they're capable of and that they are a legit state contender. Now, its up to them to show up and execute at each game. And that is not a guarantee for anyone as we saw this weekend.
Agree

Lol…Wayne losing to SHS is a bad loss now…considering they beat the Burg by two touchdowns.
It was 27 - 20 and Wayne scored with 1:10 left in the 4th. Burg was also leading at half. I don’t see how that was a bad loss for Wayne against Springfield.

EFD78D11-EB81-474D-BE3A-4595268B1BE8.jpeg

Thoughts?? First touchdown that everyone is talking about…looks like a TD to me.

Somebody had to call them TDs sounds like blaming the refs based on second hand info.

I trust the sources I've spoken to. Some of them are not on Yappi and they were at the game.
I get you. Springfield does not get number one votes…voters are against us. Springfield does not get written up in the ddn…newspaper is against us. Springfield loses…refs were against us. (According to others)

Springfield wins..we are the best ever. Another team loses…they are not as good as Springfield. Cville gets a number one vote…they are not as good as Springfield.

It came down to this. One play. Just 1. A two point conversion. For the win. The game. A potential #1 rank. Bragging rights An undeafeated season. Two and a half yards 7.5 feet
One final play against a team who hadn’t beat a team with a winning record. Gut check time. A time for a defense fans had boasted about shutting down teams A time where teams that had been there and know how to win big games finish the job. Never mind Elder sent them home 2 years ago. X last year. Just keep miamisburg out of the end zone…no excuses. No polls. Just do it

I get you. Springfield does not get number one votes…voters are against us. Springfield does not get written up in the ddn…newspaper is against us. Springfield loses…refs were against us. (According to others)

Springfield wins..we are the best ever. Another team loses…they are not as good as Springfield. Cville gets a number one vote…they are not as good as Springfield.
If you say so

It came down to this. One play. Just 1. A two point conversion. For the win. The game. A potential #1 rank. Bragging rights An undeafeated season. Two and a half yards 7.5 feet
One final play against a team who hadn’t beat a team with a winning record. Gut check time. A time for a defense fans had boasted about shutting down teams A time where teams that had been there and know how to win big games finish the job. Never mind Elder sent them home 2 years ago. X last year. Just keep miamisburg out of the end zone…no excuses. No polls. Just do it
And never mind how they beat Ignatius who sent your team packing yesterday. You think you have room to talk when your team loses at home to a winless team and now a .500 team who lost to SHS, costing them the top playoff seed and probably knocking them out of the top 10. How's that for gut check time. Btw, in your all important Harbins race, SHS still leads St X and therefore has the stronger schedule. :)

Last edited:
And never mind how they beat Ignatius who sent your team packing yesterday. You think you have room to talk when your team loses at home to a winless team and now a .500 team who lost to SHS, costing them the top playoff seed and probably knocking them out of the top 10. How's that for gut check time. Btw, in your all important Harbins race, SHS still leads St X and therefore has the stronger schedule. :)
X leads in state trophies. A lot to 0 ha. But SHS. Has lots of runner up trophies and participation ribbons. So there’s that at least. Maybe Moe will send you home this year to complete the Trifecta. Ya. That’s about right

X leads in state trophies. A lot to 0 ha.
I'm interested in this year and this football season only. Face it, St X is not even a top 10 team at this point. They have no quality wins this year as the entire GCL is down. And, they couldn't beat a winless out of state team or an average Ignatius team. Maybe they should beef up that schedule. Maybe replace the GMC with GWOC schools. Just a suggestion that perhaps you could pass on through the proper channels.