Rank The Ten Best Teams In Your School's History

Bull GreenDog

No disrespect...But as a SW Ohio guy, Green Who...? Green Bay? Bowling Green? The Green Mile? The Green Machine? Or Soylent Green? Would actually like to know.
Uniontown Green. It's a school in Summit County about 10 minutes South of Akron.

scbuckeye99

Lima Senior

1. 1996: 13-1, D1 state champs. Ended Ignatius 5 year state title streak
2. 1989: 10-3, lost in state semis to Moeller. TRIPLE OT. Moeller would go on to lose by a TD to Ignatius for the state title.
3. 1993: 9-3, lost in the 1st round of the playoffs. This was the infamous play in season where we hooked up with Westerville North I believe for a play in game because of some computer point glitch.
4. 2014: 8-3, this season I put ahead of the 2015 and 1997 squads only because they put up some impressive scoring records that season. Most points in a game and most points in a season that year.
5. 2015: 9-3, Fell's last year at the helm sadly.
6: 1997: 8-3, lost one we should've never lost to start the season to Toledo SFS. Lost to Colerain their first year in the GMC (our only GMC loss that season). Every Colerain kick off came straight to me that night. To this day I'm convinced the Colerain coaching staff was like "alright guys, here's the game plan, kick it to the fat slow white upback EVERY time, got it?". To be honest, it was a good game plan on their part, I'd a done the same.
7. 1988: 8-3, first playoff team in school history
8. 1965: 6-1, GOL champs
9. 1967: 7-2, GOL champs
10. 1972: 7-2, GOL champs

Honorable Mention: 1966 team went 8-1 but did not win the GOL.

scbuckeye99

Toledo St. Francis de Sales

1). 1984 - 12-1 (DI State Champs)
2). 2001 - 13-1 (DII State Champs)
3). 1997 - 11-1 (Lost to eventual State/National Champs Canton McKinley 25-22 in regional final)
4). 2002 - 12-2 (Lost to eventual State Champ Chaminade in Final 4)
5). 1982 - 9-4 (DII State Runner-Up)
6). 1998 - 10-1 (Prior to playoff expansion and missed playoffs. Great team. Defeated a huge Moeller team 28-7 - beat SJ in HOF game 42-7)
7). 1983 - 9-1-1 (Prior to playoff expansion and missed playoffs. Great team. Had several DI guys)
8). 1968 - 10-0 (TCL and Shoe Bowl Champions)
9). 2009 - 11-2 (Scott Loy was tough. Lost to one of those great Maple Heights teams).
10). 1993 - 9-2 (Prior to playoff expansion. Lost last play of the game to Lima Sr. and State/National Champs Iggy - beat DCC's best team ever according to long time coach Tom Mach).

All but one season (1968 - Mattingly) coached by Cromwell.
I caught grief from some guys I went to UT with who were on that 1998 Knight squad. We went 2-8 that season and they use to complain that had we won one more game that would've been enough points to get them into the playoffs. In all fairness SFS did finish 6th in the region that season. So to blame a 2-8 Lima Senior squad for your misfortune is well accurate haha.

irish_buffalo

That 98' team was legit. Only loss was on the road at Canton McKinley (eventual state champs - Mike Doss and others). They pizz pounded a Moeller team that had a DI Oline (Munoz-Bell).

Emil Price was a stud RB and Joe Iorio was the center and he went on to start at PSU as a true freshman walk-on, a first under Joe Pa.

joeyb77

My dad went to Euclid at the same time that VASJ had Howard and Grbac. He's told me those VASJ teams were incredible. Euclid had Robert Smith at the time as well. Used to be a big-time rivalry game. The two teams stopped playing each other because the fans would always get into fights during the games.
During that time O.J. McDuffie was at Hawken and Ricky Powers was at Buchtel also

scbuckeye99

That 98' team was legit. Only loss was on the road at Canton McKinley (eventual state champs - Mike Doss and others). They pizz pounded a Moeller team that had a DI Oline (Munoz-Bell).

Emil Price was a stud RB and Joe Iorio was the center and he went on to start at PSU as a true freshman walk-on, a first under Joe Pa.
I had the unfortunate assignment of blocking (well tossing my body in front of him) Munoz in our scrimmage with Moeller that season.

irish_buffalo

Lima Senior

1. 1996: 13-1, D1 state champs. Ended Ignatius 5 year state title streak
2. 1989: 10-3, lost in state semis to Moeller. TRIPLE OT. Moeller would go on to lose by a TD to Ignatius for the state title.
3. 1993: 9-3, lost in the 1st round of the playoffs. This was the infamous play in season where we hooked up with Westerville North I believe for a play in game because of some computer point glitch.
4. 2014: 8-3, this season I put ahead of the 2015 and 1997 squads only because they put up some impressive scoring records that season. Most points in a game and most points in a season that year.
5. 2015: 9-3, Fell's last year at the helm sadly.
6: 1997: 8-3, lost one we should've never lost to start the season to Toledo SFS. Lost to Colerain their first year in the GMC (our only GMC loss that season). Every Colerain kick off came straight to me that night. To this day I'm convinced the Colerain coaching staff was like "alright guys, here's the game plan, kick it to the fat slow white upback EVERY time, got it?". To be honest, it was a good game plan on their part, I'd a done the same.
7. 1988: 8-3, first playoff team in school history
8. 1965: 6-1, GOL champs
9. 1967: 7-2, GOL champs
10. 1972: 7-2, GOL champs

Honorable Mention: 1966 team went 8-1 but did not win the GOL.
I cannot remember the name of the running backs on the 1993 team but they were an absolute b$tch to bring down. I believe one's name was West? One was 6'2" 240lbs. and the other was 6' 220lbs. By the 4th quarter I called no mas. :D

The 1996 teams was simply one of those special groups. Morris, Bratton, Christoff...rinse and repeat.

scbuckeye99

I cannot remember the name of the running backs on the 1993 team but they were an absolute b$tch to bring down. I believe one's name was West? One was 6'2" 240lbs. and the other was 6' 220lbs. By the 4th quarter I called no mas. :D

The 1996 teams was simply one of those special groups. Morris, Bratton, Christoff...rinse and repeat.
1993 RB's were #49 Doug West (his son played for Lima Central Catholic and went on to play at Kentucky) and the other was #34 Aloysius Walker.

One thing I miss are the Knight / Spartan match ups to start the season back in the 90s. Cromwell v. Leonard Rush. Tough to beat those two head coaches and the teams they brought to the table every week 1.