Rank The Ten Best Teams In Your School's History

That is true they made state by way of forfeit, but colerain was a national powerhouse that year i didnt expect brunswick to win that game. They hung around for a little bit in state with the to be national champions ignatius but they ended up getting beat by 20

I don't think that we've heard from anybody from Cincinnati yet. I'd be interested to see what they had to say.

Centerville...

1.) 1976- 10-0. 6 shutouts. Allowed just 322 yds. rushing for the year. 2nd in state in computer points. Moeller 1st and in same region, so no playoffs.
- 3 allstaters - 7 D1 recruits. One of the bigger (player size) Elk squads ever under Bob Gregg, who himself has stated this was his best.
2.) 1983- 10-0. 6 shutouts. Outstanding defense with great offensive consistency. 3rd to Moeller, Princeton in computer points...No playoffs.
- 3 allstaters - 6 D1 recruits.
3.) 1984- 11-1. 5 shutouts. Defeated #1 Moeller then lost to state champ Tol. St. Francis 11-14 in state semis. Nothing against St. Francis, but Elks fumbled on the 2 yard line late in what was likely the winning score. Also, in fairness, this team was not at it's best vs. St. Francis after having just beaten Moeller the prior week and 10-0 Wayne the week before that. 4 D1 recruits. 1 allstate.
4.) 1977- 10-0. Led league in both offense & defense. 2nd only to Moeller yet again in state computer points, so again no playoffs. 4 D1 recruits.
5.) 1999- 11-1. According to none other than "Vamps" (our self-prophesed most ardent hater) was the best team state runner-up Wayne faced that
season, including State champ St. Ignatius. 5 D1 recruits. Featured both Hawk brothers, Ryan & A.J.
6.) 1991- 12-2. State D1 runner-up. Led the state championship game 21-10 at halftime before losing 24-21 to St. Ignatius.
7.) 1980- 9-1. Lost to State champ Moeller 14-20 in regular season.
8.) 1998- 10-1. Lost 27-28 to Cin. Colerain in playoffs.
9.) 1975- 9-1. The team that started the tradition... 4 shutouts. Small, but physical & disciplined.
10.) 1986- 10-1. Ohio AP poll champs. Featured QB Kirk Herbstreit.

Had to resurrect this ancient one since I missed it back when and have now officially "retired" from Yappi. Best of luck to all my poster friends and to this year's playoff teams...

Nooks...( I may be wrong...but never in doubt!)

Steubenville Big Red (and these are strictly my own opinions):

1994 This was the best team Big Red ever had but also the unluckiest. During the regular season, we murdered Boardman 37-14 the week after they gave Ignatius their only loss of the season. Iggy ended up state champs in Div I and was ranked 15th in the country in USA Today. Many people thought Big Red had the best team in any division in Ohio that year. We were cruising along until we came to the semifinal game against undefeated West Branch. Early in the second quarter, Big Red was up 21-0 and it seemed like we would win that game and the championship game the following week for sure. To this day I don't know what happened. The wheels came off the wagon. From that point, we could do no right and they could do no wrong. It came down to an onsides kick. West Branch had not even been able to do it in practice. Naturally when they tried it against us, it worked perfectly. They got the ball back late in the game and scored. We got the ball with seconds left and drove for a tying field goal. The ball sailed right over the upright and was called no good. West Branch won 31-28 and won the following week. It was the worst defeat in Big Red's history.

1930 Undefeated, untied, and un-scored-upon. Named state champ.

2005 15-0 and state champ.

2006 15-0 and state champ.

1951 9-1 UPI state champ. Big Red had the three guys who later starred at Iowa, including Calvin Jones, 2-time AA and Outland Trophy winner.

1984 13-0 and state champ.

I'll let someone else fill in the rest.
2016 or 2017? Maybe 2008/2009?

Just going by what I have seen since the mid 90's.

1. 2006- Lost by 1 pt to Hilliard Davidson in 2 OT in the state title game. Only other loss was to St Ignatius. Bart Tanski was a great quarterback
2. 2003-Lost in OT to St Eds in a regional final
3. 2011-Lost to St Ignatius by 6 in a regional final
4. 2007-Lost in the state final to St Xavier in a blowout shutout but at least they got there.
5. 2002-Lost a good game to Warren Harding in a regional final
6. 2012-Got to the final 4 so many will have them higher, but this is the worst Mentor defense I have ever seen. Trubisky and the WR's got hot and were able to be almost perfect to beat Eds/Ignatius back to back in the playoffs. Shame that the D was so bad because even an average D probably wins a state title.

The other 4 (and maybe 1 or 2 other spots) are before I watched them weekly or was even born. 1968 (10-0/beat Massillon 19-0/finished #2 in AP) would be one for sure. 1966 would be another.
Updating

1. 2006
2. 2011
3. 2013
4. 2003
5. 2019
6. 2007
7. 2017
8. 2012
9. 2018
10. 2020
11. 2002

My alma mater- St. Vincent-St. Mary:
2013- 15-0- State Champs
1981- 12-1- State Champs (Loss at Massillon)
2012- 13-2- State Champs (losses at Massillon and Mooney
1988- 12-1- State Champs- (loss to Mooney)
1972- 10-2- State Champs (losses to Akron East and Warren Western Reserve)
1982- 11-1-1- State Champs-( loss to St Joe's, tie with MLC)
1974- 9-2- AP Poll Champs
1961- St. Mary- AP Poll Champs
1991- 10-3- State Semi-finalist
1979- 9-2-1- State Semi-finalist

Great list Worm! Thank you for not mentioning what Clarett did to the eagles in that playoff game! I was always worried about the eagles’ chances when they had to play WGH in the early 2000s.

Looking at these posts, how good of game would 1971 Warren G. Harding vs. 1971 Troy have been in the era before playoffs? Whew...

Looking at these posts, how good of game would 1971 Warren G. Harding vs. 1971 Troy have been in the era before playoffs? Whew...

If only...that Troy team was absolutely LOADED.I just wish they had the opportunity to show it in a playoff. Outscored opponents 406-54 that year. And that is with 2nd and3rd string playing most of the second half. Heck, they has 3 d1 running backs on the same team.

Can't disagree too much with worm. I still shake my head about the '98 team. Would have loved to see Toles for a full season. Like Scipio, I go back and forth on 71 and 74. While being an old panther, the 72 WWR team was arguably better than all of them, but it does not fit this topic.
If WGH, had Toles, just for the McKinley game, they would have won that, and got into the playoffs. Probably would have won state that year

I posted this on Facebook a few weeks back & I got a pretty good response from people here in Warren. Of course, a good part of those were from former football players who disagreed with me, but it all made for a great convo. I'm looking forward to hearing from other posters on this topic.

Warren G. Harding

10. 2004 (8-3): Not as loaded as the other teams on this list, but Mario Manningham’s heroics made this a very fun year. Roger Matlock, one of the most underrated quarterbacks in WGH history, threw for 1,370 yards & 14 TDs. There haven’t been many QBs in WGH history with those numbers in a single season. The 30-26 victory over Cleveland Glenville is one of the greatest games that I’ve ever witnessed.

9. 1962 (9-0-1): I have to believe that if it wasn’t for a tie against Mansfield in the season opener, this team would have won WGH’s first ever state title. Massillon owned the poll era (24 AP Poll titles), but the Tigers lost to WGH 20-7. For the season, the Panthers outscored their opponents 382-37. A couple days back, I saw Warren1st speak very highly of this team, so he would have a lot more info on them then I do. I can only go by the scores, and this group was pretty dominant.

8. 2006 (9-4, Region 1 Runner Up): After losing both starting quarterbacks within the first two weeks, this team had every reason to quit on the season. Somebody forgot to tell them that as they won 5 of their last 6 games to make the playoffs. Their victims included two teams that were nationally ranked at the time (Cleveland St. Ignatius & Lakewood St. Edward). If it were not for a loss to a pass happy Mentor squad, the next two weeks could have been pretty interesting.

7. 1998 (8-2): 1998 was the last season in which only 4 teams per region made the playoffs. In week 8, Canton McKinley came back in the 4th quarter to defeat WGH 20-16. WGH finished 5th in the final Region 1 standings. In week 14, Canton McKinley won the Division 1 state championship game by 23 points.

6. 2003 (11-1, Region 1 Quarter-Finalist): This team entered the season ranked as high as #4 in preseason national rankings. For 11 consecutive weeks, they lived up to the hype. They were a heavy favorite to win the Division 1 state title. They were ranked #2 in the country before being upset by Lakewood St. Edward in the second round of the playoffs. In week 15, St. Eds lost to Cincinnati Elder in the Division 1 state championship game.

5. 2001 (11-2, Region 1 Runner Up): Having Maurice Clarett, the 2001 USA Today Offensive Player of the Year & “Mr. Football,” is enough for the hype by itself. One underrated fact about this team is that the defensive starters didn’t get scored on until week 6. In week 2, they gave Cincinnati Moeller their worst loss in school history (55-0). For the season, they scored the most points in WGH history (547) while only giving up 163 points. This season is “the one that got away.”

4. 2002 (14-1, Division 1 State Runner Up): In reality, 2001 was a more dominant team, but 2002 just knew how to win games. Eight of their fifteen games were decided by 7 points or less, but if the clock didn’t read “0:00,” you couldn’t take your foot off the gas on this group of Raiders. Just ask Lakewood St. Edward, who held a 16-15 lead over WGH with 0:19 left. With the St. Eds student section chanting, “OVERATED,” quarterback Mike Kokal threw a 47 yard bomb to then-sophomore Mario Manningham. After a spiked ball, Joe Spain entered the game and kicked a 39 yard field goal to send the Eagles home devastated. Cincinnati Elder’s 21-19 victory over WGH in the state title game still stings, but it didn’t take away from the fact that 2002 was a magical season.

3. 1974 (10-1, Class AAA Champions): They say that football players today are bigger, stronger, and faster than they’ve ever been. While that may be true as a whole, the overall team speed of the 1974 Panthers was something that’s rarely seen at the high school level. Despite the fact that opposing teams knew that WGH was going to run the ball, that didn’t stop them from compiling a school record 3,673 rushing yards in just 12 games. Their 33 point victory over Upper Arlington in week 12 is the 3rd largest blowout in the history of the Class AAA/Division 1 state championship game.

2. 1971 (10-0, Class AAA AP Poll Champs): Many fans say that “AP Poll titles weren’t won on the field,” but I beg to differ. I wasn’t around in 1971, but I know enough about the old days to know that WGH paid heavy dues back then. A football schedule that includes programs the likes of Massillon, Canton McKinley, and Steubenville would be extremely difficult today, but that was even more the case in the 70’s, not to mention that Warren Western Reserve & Niles were both state powerhouses back then as well. In 1971, WGH outscored those five opponents 114-33 and for the season, they outscored all ten of their opponents 322-41. The greatest teams shine in the biggest moments. The ’71 Panthers did just that.

1. 1990 (14-0, Division 1 State Champs): From 1988 to 1995, Cleveland St. Ignatius won 7 state titles. The only one that they didn’t win in that time span was in 1990, which as we know, was won by WGH. Speaking of “Iggy,” it’s highly debatable that if it wasn’t for them, Warren Western Reserve would have closed the book on their proud football history with a state title in 1989. Once the “westsiders” came over to WGH & joined forces with players the likes of Omar Provitt, Chancey Coleman, and Gary Aceto (I had to shout out my boy Aceto, lol), the ingredients for a state takeover were in place. As if it wasn’t enough that the wide receiver trio of “TKO” (short for Thomas Teco Powell, Kendall Richardson, and Omar Provitt) provided many nightmares for opposing defenses, the massive offensive line provided holes that you could drive a truck through. Did I mention that Myron Elzy was a 6’5, 260 pound was the starting fullback? It was all bad for the rest of Ohio in ’90. Long-time fans of Cincinnati Princeton are still having nightmares about Provitt’s performance in the state championship game.

1989 should have had Fitch and WWR in the playoffs. I would have loved to get another crack at the Raiders. Two close losses in 88/89 that could have gone our way with one play. 1990 showed we could play with Iggy. I would have loved to get a shot at them in either 88 or 89. Shows the nature of football, bounce here or there. A lot of respect for the Raiders.

Shawnee beat Urbana pretty good and was undefeated. Late 80's or early 90's. That team was loaded!

It's really hard to rank teams because of how much the game has changed and the training regiments have changed - even over the past 20 years. A lot of Chardon people might disagree with me but this is how I see it:

1. This year's 2020 team. Best defense in Chardon history and offense is in the top 3 - maybe top 2. I know this a very bold statement with the season not over yet but they have not had a close game yet no matter who the opponent has been and the starting defense has been lights out. 2 guys offered by Iowa State on defense and definitely the most team speed in Chardon history. Most of the points given up have been late in the game by the 2 and 3 defense against the other team's ones. O-line averages 275-280 with two 3 year starters and Petttyjohn is all time leading halfback rusher as well as playoff rusher. Fetchik at QB not as talented a runner as other Chardon QB's but top 2 or 3 - maybe #1 - in arm strength and accuracy.
2. 2016 team that lost to Lynn Bowden on one of those nights when Bowden played like one of the top players in the SEC (which he didn't always do). Best offense in Hilltopper history (475 yards and 48 points a game with running clock for entire second half in 8 of 12 games).
3. 1998 team that lost to Lebanon on a hook and ladder in the state championship game after turning the ball over five times. This team was dominant all year and won 95% of the plays in that game. Great defensive team with Coach Hewitt winning defensive player of the year and runner up Mr. Football as he also rushed for over 1900 yards.
4. 1994 undefeated State championship team. Every Hilltopper from that team would be pissed at me for this but they had a number of close wins during the season and a fairly easy road in the playoffs. Low scoring great defensive team. The argument for them being number one is that they actually finished the job - which is a pretty strong argument. Their signature win was beating a great Walsh Jesuit team in the state semi's. This team would be first on most Hilltopper historians' list.
5. 1965 Hilltopper team with running backs Lenny Zimmerman (Florida State baseball), Charlie Owens (Toledo University then short stint with Philadelphia Eagles), and Mick Narusch (Kansas). Ran Tiger Ellison's run and shoot offense (way ahead of its time) which I also ran as the Hilltopper quarterback from 68-70. Rotated 2 great Qb's every play in '65.
6. 1995 team that lost to Buchtel 22-21 in state semi-final.
7. 1983 10-0 team. Playoffs limited to four teams at the time.
8. 2003 over achieving Hilltopper time that lost big in state semis to 15-0 Avon Lake.
9. 1993 team that lost to Uniontown Lake in state semi's.
10. 1988 team that lost big to Ricky Powers state championship Buchtel team.

Although you can purchase his book, "midgets, monkeys & marionettes" at your local bookstore.

21kfT84mT3L._AC_UL374_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Ok I’ll try Mogadore...
1. 1996 went 14-0 ended st Henry 35 game win streak 61-58 in 3OTs
2. 1979 went 12-0 won state at rubber bowl over Covington
3. 2002 went 13-1 state champions over Hardin northern
4. 1954 11-0 state champs (poll champ)
5. 1988/1989 back to back state runner ups
6. 2015 13-1 state runner ups
7. 1995/1978 both teams were really good and those years directly led to state championships the next year, they laid the foundation
Im sure I’m missing some..any thoughts moggy posters

St. Francis DeSales

10. 1990 - 11-3 State Runner-up, CCL Champs
9. 1996 - 11-3 State Runner-up, CCL Champs, only losses to D1 St. John's and Moeller, and State Championship game
8. 2008 - 13-1, defeated Watterson twice
7. 1994 - 11-1 with one of the most prolific offenses DeSales has ever had, lost a heartbreaker in State Semifinal to one of Steubenville's greatest teams
6. 1964 - 7-0-1, 1st ever CCL Championship team, put DeSales football on the map
5. 1986 - 10-0, outscored opponents 221-56, but missed playoffs as undefeated defending State Champs, this team is the reason that DeSales beefed up its schedule from that point on
4. 1978 - undefeated 10-0 season with only 47 points given up
3. 1998 - State Champions, 13-1, only loss to D1 Westerville South
2. 1997 - State Champions, multiple D1 college players, gave up 6 points per game
1. 1985 - only undefeated State Championship team in our history
A * to the 68 Team . I kinda know the Defensive Coordinator from that 78 Team

Hmm this is fun and a zombie thread.

Anderson Redskins

1. 2007: 13-2 State Champs (may not have been the most talented team but they have the hardware)
2. 2009: 12-1 Regional Finalist (I think they would have won their second d2 title but barely slipped into d1)
3. 2008: 12-3 State Finalist (so close to back to back titles and avenged both regular seasons in the playoffs in regional finals and state semis)
4. 1992: 11-1 Regional Finalist (put Anderson the map. Lost in a tight one on a 4th down to State Runner Up St Xavier)
5. 2003: 9-2 Fought Elder to the death. Damn they were good that year
6. 1996: 9-2 Look another playoff loss to Elder
7. 1994: 9-2 grrr Piqua
8. 1993: 9-1 Missed the playoffs. lost a nail bitter to St Xavier in week 10 (correct me if I am mixing up years in the early 90s and events)
9. 2002: 10-1 Still cant believe we lost to Lebanon in the playoffs
10. 2017: 10-2 Volpenhein was a sight to watch. Tops 2019,2020,2001 and 2000 playoff teams imo.

Nice list here. Personally, I would remove the 2003 team and add the 2000 and 2001 teams. The 2003 senior class (04 graduates) was stellar, but the sophomore and junior classes were not on the same level. 2000 and 2001 had awesome talent, but played ZERO competition during the season. The 2000 team was the first around the area to run the spread, but played nobody until St. X in week 10. I think they were a better team than St. X, but hadn't played anyone up to that point that was a challenge. St. X ended up beating us by 3 at the end due to our own mistakes. Same thing in 2001...went through the season stomping on everyone and played an above average Princeton team first round...they were significantly faster than anything we had seen before...Kind of an embarrassing moment for me personally as Darren Barnett juked me out of my pads twice on the same punt return and left me tackling air. 2002 (my senior year) was VERY disappointing and certainly not how I wanted to end my playing days. I think by that point every team had defended against the spread, and our play calling was very predictable. Again here, I think we were the better team, but Lebanon got the best of us that night and played very good defense.

I also think that if they were on the same field, the 2009 team would take down the 2007 team by 14+ points.

Hmm this is fun and a zombie thread.

Anderson Redskins

1. 2007: 13-2 State Champs (may not have been the most talented team but they have the hardware)
2. 2009: 12-1 Regional Finalist (I think they would have won their second d2 title but barely slipped into d1)
3. 2008: 12-3 State Finalist (so close to back to back titles and avenged both regular seasons in the playoffs in regional finals and state semis)
4. 1992: 11-1 Regional Finalist (put Anderson the map. Lost in a tight one on a 4th down to State Runner Up St Xavier)
5. 2003: 9-2 Fought Elder to the death. Damn they were good that year
6. 1996: 9-2 Look another playoff loss to Elder
7. 1994: 9-2 grrr Piqua
8. 1993: 9-1 Missed the playoffs. lost a nail bitter to St Xavier in week 10 (correct me if I am mixing up years in the early 90s and events)
9. 2002: 10-1 Still cant believe we lost to Lebanon in the playoffs
10. 2017: 10-2 Volpenhein was a sight to watch. Tops 2019,2020,2001 and 2000 playoff teams imo.

Nice list here. Personally, I would remove the 2003 team and add the 2000 and 2001 teams. The 2003 senior class (04 graduates) was stellar, but the sophomore and junior classes were not on the same level. 2000 and 2001 had awesome talent, but played ZERO competition during the season. The 2000 team was the first around the area to run the spread, but played nobody until St. X in week 10. I think they were a better team than St. X, but hadn't played anyone up to that point that was a challenge. St. X ended up beating us by 3 at the end due to our own mistakes. Same thing in 2001...went through the season stomping on everyone and played an above average Princeton team first round...they were significantly faster than anything we had seen before...Kind of an embarrassing moment for me personally as Darren Barnett juked me out of my pads twice on the same punt return and left me tackling air. 2002 (my senior year) was VERY disappointing and certainly not how I wanted to end my playing days. I think by that point every team had defended against the spread, and our play calling was very predictable. Again here, I think we were the better team, but Lebanon got the best of us that night and played very good defense.

I also think that if they were on the same field, the 2009 team would take down the 2007 team by 14+ points.

We will agree to disagree on 2003 vs 2000. Riddell was a one man recking crew on that team but it was not that talent imo (and we are splitting hairs at a certain point). Imo you could throw 2000-2003 in a bag, shake it up and pull them out in any order.

I will agree that the play calling did get stale with the spread. It was dynamic in 2000, by 2003 it was not very strong. That is one of the things I like about the current staff. They can scheme the hell out of their offense and outside games against Winton Woods they can flat out move the ball.

I was at the 2000 X game and 2000 Colerain playoff game. For the first few minutes after they marched right down the field and scored and moved right back into the red zone on the next drive I was thinking holy crap we are going to win. Well that Colerain defense was way to good in the end and made adjustments spying Riddell and it was game over.

p.s. I rank the 2003 team higher because coming out and absolutely controlling Moe all day was an eye opener for people in the region. If they had not been flat against Mason at Mason I think they win a playoff game that year getting the monkey off of Suriano's back. Non of the other teams behind them have that kind of statement win. Your 2002 team did have good wins in nail bitters over Harrison and Winton Woods.

Canfield

1. 2005 14-1, state runner up. So much talent, lost the state championship 31-29 to Toledo Central Catholic. OSU commit and future NFL wideout Dane Sanzenbacher torched Canfield’s D in the 2nd half.

2. 2020 9-0 (TBD) Regional Finalist (hopefully winner as well as whatever else may follow) Elite defense, beaten arguably 3 of the top 10 teams in D3, 2 out of the top 5. Probably consensus #2 team in all of d3. Beats teams physically into submission.

3. 2017 12-1 Regional Finalist, lost 13-0 to a SVSM team they should have beat. Dynamic rushing offense. Could have maybe made a state championship appearance if the regional final goes a different way.

4. 2018 11-2 Regional Finalist, lost 33-7 (closest game for Kenston in the playoffs) to the eventual D3 champion. Maybe a different year this team takes it home. Needed a better throwing QB, lost an all-ohio receiver against Boardman. Team was dominant up front both sides.

5. 2007 10-2, lost in the 2nd round to Desales. Team lost 2 games to teams with a combined record of 23-3. 2007 is tied with 2020 for the winningest class in school history.

Canfield

1. 2005 14-1, state runner up. So much talent, lost the state championship 31-29 to Toledo Central Catholic. OSU commit and future NFL wideout Dane Sanzenbacher torched Canfield’s D in the 2nd half.

2. 2020 9-0 (TBD) Regional Finalist (hopefully winner as well as whatever else may follow) Elite defense, beaten arguably 3 of the top 10 teams in D3, 2 out of the top 5. Probably consensus #2 team in all of d3. Beats teams physically into submission.

3. 2017 12-1 Regional Finalist, lost 13-0 to a SVSM team they should have beat. Dynamic rushing offense. Could have maybe made a state championship appearance if the regional final goes a different way.

4. 2018 11-2 Regional Finalist, lost 33-7 (closest game for Kenston in the playoffs) to the eventual D3 champion. Maybe a different year this team takes it home. Needed a better throwing QB, lost an all-ohio receiver against Boardman. Team was dominant up front both sides.

5. 2007 10-2, lost in the 2nd round to Desales. Team lost 2 games to teams with a combined record of 23-3. 2007 is tied with 2020 for the winningest class in school history.
Meant to say 13-10 in #3

Ok I’ll try Mogadore...
1. 1996 went 14-0 ended st Henry 35 game win streak 61-58 in 3OTs
2. 1979 went 12-0 won state at rubber bowl over Covington
3. 2002 went 13-1 state champions over Hardin northern
4. 1954 11-0 state champs (poll champ)
5. 1988/1989 back to back state runner ups
6. 2015 13-1 state runner ups
7. 1995/1978 both teams were really good and those years directly led to state championships the next year, they laid the foundation
Im sure I’m missing some..any thoughts moggy posters
The 1954 team did win it " on the field" as coach Novell sent out requests for anyone to play them. St Mary's ( I believe from either Sandusky or Lorain) took him up on the offer and the WILDCATS won on the field in what became the class B state championship...

Uniontown Lake Blue Streaks

1. 1991 - Matt Christopher
2. 1993 - Aaron Vanderkaay
3. 1970 - Brian Bowers
4. 1999 - Steve Graef
5. 1997 - Darren Dutton
6. 2010 - Jimmy Luther
7. 2004 - John Rutan
8. 1990 - Craig Dues
9. 2006 - Josh McCutcheon
10. 1972 - 1st year of OHSAA playoffs. Lost to St. Vincent St. Mary (AA) State Semifinals

The 1954 team did win it " on the field" as coach Novell sent out requests for anyone to play them. St Mary's ( I believe from either Sandusky or Lorain) took him up on the offer and the WILDCATS won on the field in what became the class B state championship...

Was that before or after they backed out of playing the 1954 Leetonia Bears!!! :)