Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Bucs make Skenes no. 1 pick. I think he was the best option. Some say he could even pitch this season. That’s doubtful but a couple starts in September would be interesting.

......this statement just led to a question in my head. I've never seen or heard about any Detroit fans here, on Yappi or IRL ( In Ohio) Is there a Detroit fan base in the Toledo area? Does the Toledo media report on their teams? The fact that the Steelers and Pirates even have dedicated threads on a Ohio forum speaks volumes, even if they don't have as many pages as their Ohio counterparts
IB (Toledo) is a Tigers' fan, but I don't think he is at the point of talking to himself - yet. lol I would follow a Tigers' thread - same as this one. fwiw

Last edited:
Not bad for a guy with glacoma, macural dergeneration, ,diabecic retinopothy amoung othrt things.
If you are looking for pity don't keep popping on other team threads and talking trash, when your team sucks.

So man up and take it if you want to talk trash. And learn to spell the names of your alleged afflictions, as well as the players names.

If you are looking for pity don't keep popping on other team threads and talking trash, when your team sucks.

So man up and take it if you want to talk trash. And learn to spell the names of your alleged afflictions, as well as the players names.
Lets go Buccos!!!

Pirate ws win 3-2.
IMG_1399.jpeg

I like what I see from the Bucs rookies..Henry Davis, Nick Gonzales, Endy Rodriguez in particular but Tupelo Marcano, Lioner Peguero, Jard Triolo have had their moments. Jack Suwinski is in his second year and don’t forget O’Neil Cruz who may be the best prospect. Rookie pitching isn’t as promising.. Priester and Skenes are at the top of that list.

If the rookies stay on track this team has potential. 6 call ups are contributing right now..add ONeil Cruz and Hayes and you potentially have a pretty good lineup moving forward. Front line pitching needs to improve. Skenes is a start, not moving Bednar, Keller at the trade deadline was a good move.

If the rookies stay on track this team has potential. 6 call ups are contributing right now..add ONeil Cruz and Hayes and you potentially have a pretty good lineup moving forward. Front line pitching needs to improve. Skenes is a start, not moving Bednar, Keller at the trade deadline was a good move.
Sounds like the Reds and Bucs are on similar trajectories.

The Bucs are going to have to make a decision about Jack Suwinski. He batted .207 last year in basically a full season and is hitting .211 so far in 2024. He does lead the team with 21 hr but has been at that number for a while it seems. Strikeouts a lot. I guess his defense is fine. I just thinks he needs to put more balls in play and find some consistency at the plate. If your going to hit .211 you better also hit 40+ home runs.

Pirates split with the Braves with 7-5 win today. Bucs hit the ball this series against some good pitching. Reds come in this weekend.

Last edited: