PAC - 7 Football

JP was mentioned in an earlier post but he is the greatest CVCA player of all. I still remember him as an RB at Bowling Green dragging 4 or 5 Florida Gators in to the endzone.
The CVCA fans that have been with them for awhile know that in 7th and 8th grade John Pettigrew played with another kid that was an incredible player as well but went to the school across the street for highschool.
Top 5 or 10 Royals of all time would be interesting.

JP was mentioned in an earlier post but he is the greatest CVCA player of all. I still remember him as an RB at Bowling Green dragging 4 or 5 Florida Gators in to the endzone.

Top 5 or 10 Royals of all time would be interesting.

I will go
1) Tre Tucker
2) John Pettigrew
3) Alex Utley
4) Jared Kusar
5) Michael Beveington
6) Kyle Snider
7) Fonzi Culver

The offensive line from 2019 is the best offensive line CVCA has ever had. Jack Bova, Dylan Hall, Breslin Walker, David Diblasi and JT Nichols were big, mean and nasty.

I will go
1) Tre Tucker
2) John Pettigrew
3) Alex Utley
4) Jared Kusar
5) Michael Beveington
6) Kyle Snider
7) Fonzi Culver

The offensive line from 2019 is the best offensive line CVCA has ever had. Jack Bova, Dylan Hall, Breslin Walker, David Diblasi and JT Nichols were big, mean and nasty.
Can’t argue with the top three. Do tell more about Kusar. Bevington may have as many all purpose yards as Pettigrew. Let that sink in. What do Bevington, Tucker and Snider have in common? The tackles, Bova and Nichols blocked for all three of them.

Snider could break all kinds of school records if the line can produce adequate replacements for them.

Speaking of lineman, who were the guys in the trenches for the Pettigrew, Utley and Culver eras?

I will go
1) Tre Tucker
2) John Pettigrew
3) Alex Utley
4) Jared Kusar
5) Michael Beveington
6) Kyle Snider
7) Fonzi Culver

Great list though I would flip 1 & 2 and add Matt Meadows at #8. Matt Meadows was a 4 year letter winner and a really good player on both sides of the ball.

How will Manchester be this year? I see them and the IV Braves have another matchup this year. Always a fun physical football game when these 2 meet up.
Manchester was jekle and Hyde last year I thought. Beat a decent Fairless team, got crushed by NW (though arguably could be considered among those with state champ caliber), then killed a decent team in playoffs, then got smashed by the best team in D3-D7 in Kirtland. New coach really still. Not sure what to think. Will they be perpetual winners like years past or enter the game of "play well when the talent is there then play poorly when it isn't". Historically, the Panthers always played well even when talent was down. That's takes great coaching. We'll see.

Manchester was jekle and Hyde last year I thought. Beat a decent Fairless team, got crushed by NW (though arguably could be considered among those with state champ caliber), then killed a decent team in playoffs, then got smashed by the best team in D3-D7 in Kirtland. New coach really still. Not sure what to think. Will they be perpetual winners like years past or enter the game of "play well when the talent is there then play poorly when it isn't". Historically, the Panthers always played well even when talent was down. That's takes great coaching. We'll see.
Kirtland is an amazing small school probably the best in all of ohio but pump the breaks thinking they would win it in D3 lol

Kirtland is an amazing small school probably the best in all of ohio but pump the breaks thinking they would win it in D3 lol
Not sure. Drew pasteur in 2019 had them ranked 19th overall in all of the entire state. He hasn't done the website in 2 years but I think they could.

Not sure. Drew pasteur in 2019 had them ranked 19th overall in all of the entire state. He hasn't done the website in 2 years but I think they could.
The difference from D5 to D3 is huge I agree they’re a great program but I can’t be on board with that

“…then got smashed by the best team in D3-D7 in Kirtland.”
The difference from D5 to D3 is huge I agree they’re a great program but I can’t be on board with that
As a Kirtland fan, I appreciate the respect you two have for the program. It is a great compliment to see the Hornets get compared to some of the best teams in Ohio.
I am not typically the one to predict how they would fare in other divisions (as there are too many extraneous factors to account for), but I would have given the Hornets a chance to win it all in divisions 4-7 last season.
With that being said, I can see Kirtland being the most successful D3-D7 team in the last five years or so (along with Marion Local), but not necessarily the best. That’s a debate for another thread though.
Anyways, carry on with PAC-7 Football talk. I’m interested to see how some of the teams fare this season.

PAC-7 football schedules are posted:

Fairless. What’s up with all three non-conference games on the road? How did that scheduling quirk happen?

CVCA heads down to Navarre for the third straight year after giving up a home game last year to even out the Covid-adjusted schedules.

Wondered if the Falcons would return the favor this year, but obviously not with the three game road trip to start the year. It would have left Fairless with just three home games. As it is, Fairless has just four at home. Will Fairless “repay” CVCA a home game sometime down the road? Who knows?

CVCA is in the same boat. Two non-conference road games to start the year, after losing the home end of home and home series games to VASJ and Kent last year (Covid). With just three PAC games in odd years, that leaves the Royals with just four at home.

Northwest is the only team with six home games while everyone else is 5 home / 5 away.

Fairless. What’s up with all three non-conference games on the road? How did that scheduling quirk happen?

CVCA heads down to Navarre for the third straight year after giving up a home game last year to even out the Covid-adjusted schedules.

Wondered if the Falcons would return the favor this year, but obviously not with the three game road trip to start the year. It would have left Fairless with just three home games. As it is, Fairless has just four at home. Will Fairless “repay” CVCA a home game sometime down the road? Who knows?

CVCA is in the same boat. Two non-conference road games to start the year, after losing the home end of home and home series games to VASJ and Kent last year (Covid). With just three PAC games in odd years, that leaves the Royals with just four at home.

Northwest is the only team with six home games while everyone else is 5 home / 5 away.

The Sandy Valley and Fairless game will be played on Thursday August 19th @ Fairless..So 5 home 5 away for the flock

Last edited:
So, since I have moved out of Manchester, I don't talk to many of the Panther faithful as often. Question. How are they going to be this year?

So, since I have moved out of Manchester, I don't talk to many of the Panther faithful as often. Question. How are they going to be this year?
Figured they'd be competitive in Coach's 2nd year, but then I looked at their non-league schedule. Figure 1 win out of league & maybe 4 in the league (could be 4 in a row). Think that would be the most realistic outcome.

Of course all that's based off the 2 game I got to watch them on TV last year. Unless they had 5 more move-ins, not sure it's going to make much of a difference.

Figured they'd be competitive in Coach's 2nd year, but then I looked at their non-league schedule. Figure 1 win out of league & maybe 4 in the league (could be 4 in a row). Think that would be the most realistic outcome.

Of course all that's based off the 2 game I got to watch them on TV last year. Unless they had 5 more move-ins, not sure it's going to make much of a difference.
They literally have 1 really good player in Johnston and a pretty good one in Paljich(seems like they have had a Paljich for going on 10 years lol). Other than that they are a few years away from being a contender. I've heard that they have some talent that isn't at the highschool level yet and good numbers in the lower levels.

if the panthers aren't over .500 this year it'll be a longgggg time before they reach that level again .... there is no help on the way ...

I’ll be keeping a close eye on Orrville since my son is now on the varsity staff there with Zuercher after 5 years at Dalton. Looking forward to their scrimmages with Chippewa and Canton South.
How’d they do against Chippewa?

Both Manchester 7thand8th grade team undefeated in PAC last year . Is that a long time ?
Middle School Football means very little ... kids that r fast in middle school aren't always fast in HS, kids that are big in MS aren't always big in HS ... the Junior and sophomore classes are weak at best ... really hard to project middle school kids ... this senior class was amazing as 6th graders ? and they had a losing record last year ...

Both Manchester 7thand8th grade team undefeated in PAC last year . Is that a long time ?
Ask that Fairless class that went undefeated for 2 years in middle school awhile back. They either just graduated or will be seniors this year. Either way, they got shut out by a bad Manchester team & lost first playoff game to a 1 win team.

As Sheldon said above - it's middle school.

Ask that Fairless class that went undefeated for 2 years in middle school awhile back. They either just graduated or will be seniors this year. Either way, they got shut out by a bad Manchester team & lost first playoff game to a 1 win team.

I would agree about the middle school football thing, it doesn’t matter. I have had sons on both ends of fairness middle school teams. My first won 1 game in middle school and I believe it was against Manchester. Fast forward to that teams senior year and only team they couldn’t beat was Manchester. Younger son played on those undefeated Fairless middle school teams, he is a senior now. He and many other key players no longer play football, but some of the solid players are still there.

How’d they do against Chippewa?
In the ten play controlled part Chippewa scored once and Orrville did not score.
In the first and ten part Chippewa scored once as did Orrville. Unfortunately for Orrville two TD passes were dropped in the first and ten part.

Funny , a long time means years. Years mean middle school, your words longggg time .

Agree, when my son played against Fairless in Jr High they had Laney at QB and Sledz at RB and they looked like they would be one of the better teams in the PAC when they got to high school. It didn't work out that way as we had a pretty easy time with them at the varsity level.

This may sound weird but Fairless has a very good boys Cross Country team and I believe some of the those jr high boys decided to to do that in high school.