PAC - 7 Football

Open gyms at CVCA have been packed with many multi sport athletes. Something tells me that the school is taking aim at the other privates in Summit county.

This guy acts like an insider, the new boys basketball coach will have an impact on other sports, but not like he is making it out to be.
Good coaches attract good athletes. The basketball coach's ability to attract good athletes is a compliment and a fact. There is nothing made up there.
I'm sure the new football coach's background and 4 national championships will attract more good athletes. Both seem like good people. Great times ahead for CVCA.

And yes, a great ATHLETIC program significantly 'impacts all sports".

John Battaglia is going to be the new coach at Loudonville. He has been on staff and teaching in the district for a while now. Good football mind who was a standout at Revere HS and the College of Wooster.

Follow-up, anyone have schedules for 2021? Eitel & Pac7 pages not updated yet. Just curious. I could go to each school's website, but . . . well, it is summer . . .
CVCA
08/20 A Cleveland Villa Angela-St. Joseph
08/27 A Kent Roosevelt
09/03 H Peninsula Woodridge
09/10 A Loudonville
09/17 H Wooster Triway
09/24 A Navarre Fairless
10/01 H Canal Fulton Northwest
10/08 A Orrville
10/15 H Massillon Tuslaw
10/22 A Akron Manchester

Thanks 'Cuse.

In category of "way too early & sure to look dumb by midnight of Week 1":

Week 1
Crestview at Loudonville (Thursday, 8/19) -> Loudonville RB hits for 200+ total yards & Loudonville's new coach gets carded trying to buy a beer in Beanos after the game.

Black River at Manchester -> Panthers win, but former QB's dad talks so much smack they ask the Black River fans to take him home and bury in one of the marshes around Sullivan

Norton at Northwest -> Next Mick goes off in his first start at QB with 200 passing, 100 rushing, 12-12 free throws, and 9 strikeouts

Sandy Valley at Fairless -> Game 1 of Post-Blair era for SV, Fairless should prevail. Halftime both bands played combined "Tribute to Pipeline Money" show

CVCA
at VASJ -> New HCs on both sides. Rotsky at VASJ brings in 40 players from his former schools (think "Mean Machine" meets Lakeshore Blvd) and wins. Rest of PAC thinks "CVCA is down"..... they are not.

Smithville at Tuslaw -> Smithville just hired their coach 15 minutes ago. Tuslaw should win the first of their (maybe) 3 wins of the season.

Triway at West Holmes - WH by a bunch. Titan QB intercepted 8 times on slip screens because WH has defensive player named "Davis" and he keeps throwing to him

Wooster at Orrville -> 2 new coaches here too. By middle of 2nd quarter move-ins are asking the old-school Orrville fans "So why are we playing a D2 school?"

Thanks 'Cuse.

Week 1
Crestview at Loudonville (Thursday, 8/19) -> Loudonville RB hits for 200+ total yards & Loudonville's new coach gets carded trying to buy a beer in Beanos after the game.

Looks like it didn’t take until Week 1 for the first prediction to go awry. From The Daily Record: link

Loudonville’s freshman phenom RB is now at West Holmes.

Sam Williams-Dixon​

RB/DB, West Holmes, soph.
The phenom was the top offensive player for Loudonville as a freshman, exploding for 685 yards in three playoff games to close out the season. He's expected to be on the field for West Holmes this season, and he'll bring a game-breaking element from the backfield the Knights haven't had in a while. He should be one of the OCC's top backs right away.

Who's ready for football to start and have fans back in the stands?

Excited Happy Birthday GIF

I’ll be keeping a close eye on Orrville since my son is now on the varsity staff there with Zuercher after 5 years at Dalton. Looking forward to their scrimmages with Chippewa and Canton South.

I’ll be keeping a close eye on Orrville since my son is now on the varsity staff there with Zuercher after 5 years at Dalton. Looking forward to their scrimmages with Chippewa and Canton South.

Good luck to him, Orville is going to have another tough season if there isn't "move in" talent that appears out of nowhere again.

Looks like it didn’t take until Week 1 for the first prediction to go awry. From The Daily Record: link

Loudonville’s freshman phenom RB is now at West Holmes.

Sam Williams-Dixon​

RB/DB, West Holmes, soph.
The phenom was the top offensive player for Loudonville as a freshman, exploding for 685 yards in three playoff games to close out the season. He's expected to be on the field for West Holmes this season, and he'll bring a game-breaking element from the backfield the Knights haven't had in a while. He should be one of the OCC's top backs right away.
WOW

That kid behind West Holmes line + the QB they have….Yikes.

Those cries of “are you kidding me!?!?!?” are coming from Triway (wk 1) & Orrville (wk 3).

1 prediction sure to go wrong down & 9 left to go.

Good luck to him. Heard they have some talent in the 7-9 levels, but will likely be rough season.

Hopefully someone tells their AD they’re D5 & 16 teams now make the playoffs. Playing D2, D3 & D3 non-league schedule, they’ll be lucky to have enough bodies left for PAC opener.

Good luck to the Pac teams this season. Being more of a WCAL fan I still watch the Pac scores and try to get to at least one conference game a season. Anyway, I know this is more of a WCAL question... I heard that the Chippewa AD position come open, any word if that has been filled? I heard Seeker left for Revere.

JP was mentioned in an earlier post but he is the greatest CVCA player of all. I still remember him as an RB at Bowling Green dragging 4 or 5 Florida Gators in to the endzone.

The CVCA fans that have been with them for awhile know that in 7th and 8th grade John Pettigrew played with another kid that was an incredible player as well but went to the school across the street for highschool.

Thanks 'Cuse.

Week 1

Black River at Manchester -> Panthers win, but former QB's dad talks so much smack they ask the Black River fans to take him home and bury in one of the marshes around Sullivan

Norton at Northwest -> Next Mick goes off in his first start at QB with 200 passing, 100 rushing, 12-12 free throws, and 9 strikeouts

Sandy Valley at Fairless -> Game 1 of Post-Blair era for SV, Fairless should prevail. Halftime both bands played combined "Tribute to Pipeline Money" show

CVCA
at VASJ -> New HCs on both sides. Rotsky at VASJ brings in 40 players from his former schools (think "Mean Machine" meets Lakeshore Blvd) and wins. Rest of PAC thinks "CVCA is down"..... they are not.

Smithville at Tuslaw -> Smithville just hired their coach 15 minutes ago. Tuslaw should win the first of their (maybe) 3 wins of the season.

Triway at West Holmes - WH by a bunch. Titan QB intercepted 8 times on slip screens because WH has defensive player named "Davis" and he keeps throwing to him

Wooster at Orrville -> 2 new coaches here too. By middle of 2nd quarter move-ins are asking the old-school Orrville fans "So why are we playing a D2 school?"
How will Manchester be this year? I see them and the IV Braves have another matchup this year. Always a fun physical football game when these 2 meet up.