OHSAA Wants To Continue To Play State Football Title Games In Canton...WHY?

How many others, beside yourself, from Canfield don't pay to get in?
I wasn't at the D-III or D-V state championship game last year, but I was at the D-II state championship game against Central Catholic in 2005 at Massillon and got waved in for free at the gate. I saw several still photographs and some video from the game, and used said photos and video to determine approximate attendance (utilizing a program on my work computer).

I saw several still photographs and some video from the game, and used said photos and video to determine approximate attendance (utilizing a program on my work computer).
Aren't you the same guy that just posted that you can't use your work computer for unapproved purposes?

Because the entity that conducts the finals released these numbers on its “official” stats summary of the game.
That can't possibly accurate. The definitive count is always conducted by some guy listening on the radio.
The analysis is not 100% accurate but utilizing a panoramic photograph and a video going 360° around the stadium and computer software, I can guarantee you the numbers released for those 2 games do not match what was published by the OHSAA. That is why I asked if the published figures was only paid attendance and perhaps some of the spectators gained free or complimentary admission or were otherwise not accounted for in the official count.

Do you mean the lights going out,scoreboard not working, and no hot water in the showers so the Browns had to go back to cleveland to shower?
Apparently you didn’t hear the one about the scoreboard at Historic Crew Stadium catching on fire a few years ago.

But it is what it is, Make the drive support your team tailgate a little and take the drive back home as MANY have done over the years.
It would be great if the HOF allowed tailgating between games at the stadium... Not allowing tailgating makes it really hard for anyone that wants to stay for multiple games to do so - heaven forbid that the HOF misses out on a handful of parking fees for every single game.

Very false. The only way to way to get there from western Ohio Is route 30. Since I know you've never driven route 30 across the state, it sucks more than Courtney Love in a crackhouse.
Gotta disagree here. It used to suck, but now it’s four-lane all the way from Lima past Mansfield. Lots of stoplights in Wooster area, but not a terrible drive.

I’d still rather they be in Columbus, but no one there has stepped up.

It would be great if the HOF allowed tailgating between games at the stadium... Not allowing tailgating makes it really hard for anyone that wants to stay for multiple games to do so - heaven forbid that the HOF misses out on a handful of parking fees for every single game.
We used to park in a guy's yard directly across the street. That's all gone now.

Columbus Crew's old stadium could host, Centrally located and its alot closer for the MAC schools who bring a ton of fans, support their schools are tradionally have 2-3 teams competing. Warren JFK played NB twice now which is close to Paul Brown and Canton and brought a small amount of fans. Very sad to see, while other schools bring 1-3k fans?

We used to park in a guy's yard directly across the street. That's all gone now.
There’s still a few right across from the main parking lot that will let you park in their yard, but it’d be a heck of a lot nicer to just pay for a tailgating spot and be done with it

Columbus Crew's old stadium could host, Centrally located and its alot closer for the MAC schools who bring a ton of fans, support their schools are tradionally have 2-3 teams competing. Warren JFK played NB twice now which is close to Paul Brown and Canton and brought a small amount of fans. Very sad to see, while other schools bring 1-3k fans?
I've been pretty unimpressed on the MAC following in the playoffs as of late if we're being serious.

1. Great venue
2. Maybe no one else is interested or if they are, they don't meet all the criteria to host.

Gotta disagree here. It used to suck, but now it’s four-lane all the way from Lima past Mansfield. Lots of stoplights in Wooster area, but not a terrible drive.

There are no stoplights in Wooster on Route 30.
The only two lights between I-77 and Lima are in Dalton and OH-57 at Riceland. And it's 4-lane the whole way.

Only place that still sucks is around Orrville with the few lights they haven't taken out yet.

This is my first post in many, many years. I have been monitoring the scores every week, but I am so distant from my Ohio roots & past, I didn't feel I had much to say that was relevant anymore. I think if the basketball finals are now being played in SWO every year, then having the football finals in Canton is a pretty fair trade off.

Every stadium listed for the most part (I just read the whole thread) (serious mentions not tongue-in-cheek stuff like Centerburg.) has good points and bad points. Ohio U's Peden Stadium would be perfect if it wasn't so remote from a freeway and was more centrally located.

I like the idea of Arlin in Mansfield, but I don't know anything about it's press facilities. I think the Shoe is too big. Having such small crowds in a big stadium seems kind of bush to me, but I am sure the players don't care and that many love the idea of playing on that field.
I was going to joke around here, and say stuff like "Why hasn't Vanlue been asked to host? Why hasn't Put-in-Bay "put in" a bid? Why not play in Bryan one year, Conneaut the next, then at Taylor HS in Miami Township (I think they are extreme SWO), then Put-in-Bay, Chesapeake, Wellsville and Mansfield?" But this topic seems to p/o just about everyone so I will leave that stuff aside. lol! ; )

I think it ought to be in a high school stadium or stadiums appropriate to the type of crowds historically drawn and what might be expected if certain teams make the finals. Better a great atmosphere in a right-sized stadium, crowd bursting at the seams, than tons & tons of empty seats. Especially if people are now staying home and watching on TV or streaming. The USFL and XFL are unwatchable to me, anyway, because the stadiums are like mausoleums. Nothing says all games need to be played in the same location. Perhaps spread the games out geographically or have top seed host.** Or rent a neutral field close to equidistant from the 2 teams. Ohio has 7 Divisions, which IMHO, is way too many. Logistically for State Title game purposes alone, fewer Divisions would be better. (Also, WAY too many teams undeserving make the playoffs again in MHO but that's a topic for another thread.)

** Someone here suggested top Harbins host the games. Not the worst suggestion, if the stadium's tickets were evened out between home & visitors. Plus, it should ensure a better crowd. There is also the matter of bidding for the games. How can you rotate them if no one is bidding? I am surprised merchants and specifically restaurant owners and bar owners in a town near an adequate HS football stadium don't get together and say "Hey, this would be a bonanza long weekend for our businesses! Let's start recruiting volunteers etc. and get our HS to put in a bid!"
I was surprised to read the info re: population center of Ohio. I would have THOUGHT it was closer to Cleveland than indicated, but I know the Columbus area has been growing like crazy, while the rest of Ohio has been suffering in every way possible, esp. NEO. I also think relatively few Conneaut residents are attending the games unless the Spartans have a year off the charts and make a Title Game. lol (No offense to any posters or Conneaut fans! I just felt like from what I know they are cyclical at best in football. Perhaps that's changed, IDK.)