OHSAA Wants To Continue To Play State Football Title Games In Canton...WHY?

I belong to a hobby related non-profit organization. We have over $500,000 in the bank. Makes it much easier to negotiate with venues when they know you have the cash to cover a catastrophic failure (Like a Covid outbreak).

There are over 1 million people within an hour of Dayton compared to about 600K within an hour of Canton. if anything it is getting closer to the majority of Ohio's population. Population center do not really do much in this case since there are a lot of rural counties in Ohio.
Summit and Stark counties alone have 900k people combined, that number is grossly underestimated.

Summit and Stark counties alone have 900k people combined, that number is grossly underestimated.
Like I said I was doing city population. Hamilton county alone has 826k people. Add the 500k in Montgomery county you have 1.3 mil people.

No it isn't, it's an unincorporated, non-profit organization.
Just because its unincorporated, doesnt mean they dont want to make money. We have a close relative who works for a "non profit" and she said they have more money in their accounts then any "incorporated" business she's ever worked for.

Like I said I was doing city population. Hamilton county alone has 826k people. Add the 500k in Montgomery county you have 1.3 mil people.

By the population radius calculator there are 3,587,273 people within a 50 mile radius of Canton, Ohio and there are 3,076,970 people within a 50 mile radius of Dayton, Ohio.

Last edited:
There are over 1 million people within an hour of Dayton compared to about 600K within an hour of Canton. if anything it is getting closer to the majority of Ohio's population. Population center do not really do much in this case since there are a lot of rural counties in Ohio.
Dude, Cleveland is an hour from Canton…