OHSAA Wants To Continue To Play State Football Title Games In Canton...WHY?

I guess they don't have anything else to do in Licking County except bring up this expired Preakness Stakes loser of a subject and go to Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken.
We could host the games at White Field. Might get stabbed if you park on the other side of the bridge, but hey!

Similarities to Benson:
✅ is a football stadium
✅ city has charisma
✅ the one end zone has the backdrop of a highway beginning with ‘7.’

(I am a Benson enjoyer for these games, too.)

I don't know what to tell the people who continually harp on this. It's the HOF, the birthplace of professional football, the stadium is of perfect capacity.

I'm sorry about the extra 90 minutes if you're driving from Cincinnati. Columbus doesn't need the money, it makes no sense to hold them in a soccer stadium, and Ohio State gets more than enough attention and the place would be mostly empty. The games are staying in Canton.
Big Red played a semi-final game at the Crew and the field just looked too big. IMO just not a great field for a state finals game. Nice complex but I just didn’t like the field layout.

We could host the games at White Field. Might get stabbed if you park on the other side of the bridge, but hey!

Similarities to Benson:
✅ is a football stadium
✅ city has charisma
✅ the one end zone has the backdrop of a highway beginning with ‘7.’

(I am a Benson enjoyer for these games, too.)
I'm extremely familiar with Nerk. It definitely has charisma especially Jug'z Bar and Grill and Puff n Stuff.

I'm disappointed they're renovating the old Newark Arcade on the square.... I'll miss the feeling of an impending stabbing in there as I smell the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium fragrance of urine and Marlboros.

If it means this topic never happens again, let's do title games at White Field.

I'm extremely familiar with Nerk. It definitely has charisma especially Jug'z Bar and Grill and Puff n Stuff.

I'm disappointed they're renovating the old Newark Arcade on the square.... I'll miss the feeling of an impending stabbing in there as I smell the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium fragrance of urine and Marlboros.
They’ve been acting real uppity ever since they got their Sheetz. And watch out if the Green Wave make it to a White Field state title game, because those boys will walk their way to a state title.

If it means this topic never happens again, let's do title games at White Field.
Agreed.

Doug Ute’s previous employer? 🤔🤔🤔

Such a uniquely Ohio problem. If any other state had the Pro Football Hall of Fame and Tom Benson Stadium they would play the games there. Yes, Ohio Stadium is a legendary venue. But as others said, it's way too big. And an unfortunate truth for the Buckeye fans in the state is your Buckeyes really don't care about the Division 5 state final. They are looking for players in Texas and Florida instead. They are indifferent at best about the title games being there. Canton embraces it.
It's like telling kids who like baseball not to go to Cooperstown.

They’ve been acting real uppity ever since they got their Sheetz. And watch out if the Green Wave make it to a White Field state title game, because those boys will walk their way to a state title.

Agreed.

Doug Ute’s previous employer? 🤔🤔🤔
Doug Ute being a former Newark Wildcat admin (that's akin to working the phones at Krueger Power Washing in New York City) will make our White Field state title game dreams come true.

I would just hope Joe Peschi could introduce Doug Ute to the 335 people in attendance at the White Field state championship trophy celebration(s) after the games.

Having been to state championship games played at Massillon, Ohio Stadium, and Tom Benson, my personal favorite is Tom Benson. As someone stated earlier, it just screams football and it's brand spanking new. Feels big time. At Massillon, you could just feel the rich football history as soon as you pulled up into the parking lot. And that indoor facility, my goodness. If we're factoring in today's crowds as a determiner, that makes the most logical sense to move it back there. Ohio Stadium was obviously awesome, but too big.

And tOSU Does. Not. Want. To. Host.
TOSU should charge the minimum and do a favor to the Ohio HS football And basketball teams. That’s part of their farm team. They’re making Multiple Millions at OSU and they can’t take care of our HS teams and centrally located Spot. OH OH-NO. SAD !

don't have anything else to do in Licking County or WKRP Radio Dave Land except bring up this expired Preakness Stakes loser of a subject and go to Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken.
Crap on Dave all you want but Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken is a cultural landmark. There was a group of boys down at Indian Valley about 20 years ago that always went shirtless in the student section and one week for whatever reason they painted themselves like fast food restaurants. The fan favorite was the guy that was painted up like Lee’s. I think they even made the paper.

Canton best place for the games. I’ve said my piece.

Because Tom Benson Stadium is awesome. And the horseshoe is just too big. Just my opinion. Please don't try and start an argument. I gave an opinion, and I know many will disagree. I respect that. But these are people's opinions.
Why not Tom Benson? Because Canton's a dump and it isn't centrally located. Crew Stadium or Ohio Stadium would be MUCH better. If you don't care about location, Nippert Stadium would be MUCH better and it isn't located in the dump that is Canton. Oh, just my opinion. Please don't try and start an argument. I gave an opinion, and I know many will disagree. I respect that. But these are people's opinions.

Why not Tom Benson? Because Canton's a dump and it isn't centrally located. Crew Stadium or Ohio Stadium would be MUCH better. If you don't care about location, Nippert Stadium would be MUCH better and it isn't located in the dump that is Canton. Oh, just my opinion. Please don't try and start an argument. I gave an opinion, and I know many will disagree. I respect that. But these are people's opinions.
I have no intention of starting an argument. I think going to Nippert would be pretty cool. Never been there, but heard a lot of good about it. I would go state finals there. But that is obviously assuming they put a bid in.

By population and travel time, Canton is more centrally located than it looks on the map. Only place better for that would be Mansfield. You all are just gonna watch it on tv anyway.

I will say after spending time in the pressbox during the finals last year, this has to IMO the way the media and officials are treated. The actual crowd size continues to dwindle to such low numbers that the place looks empty.
Take the games off TV and internet and crowds will be back to bigger size. I know so many people who use to attend yearly now just watch them on TV.

Take the games off TV and internet and crowds will be back to bigger size. I know so many people who use to attend yearly now just watch them on TV.
Yep, I am definitely a part of that crowd. Even now at the high school level, the product on TV (internet stream) is simply too good. The quality is solid.

Ever go back and watch any game broadcast from the 1990s or early 2000s? It's unwatchable. The video quality was absolutely horrific, sound is awful, etc. Somehow the broadcast quality declined from the 80s into the 90s.

Anyways, the quality today is simply too good..... Saves me the headache of having to travel to hopefully catch one of the finals, I can now watch 4 or 5 of them, and still be available for all of my kids events. I can sit in my recliner, in where it's warm, eat and drink whatever I want, and have a clean bathroom. I love streaming the Finals games, and also semi final games. I know last year, I was streaming 3 different semi games at once.... set up 3 different TVs..... It was awesome!

From a climate standpoint, it makes sense to play the games as far south as possible. But that will bot happen.
Chesapeake, Ohio, here we come!

Doug Ute being a former Newark Wildcat admin (that's akin to working the phones at Krueger Power Washing in New York City) will make our White Field state title game dreams come true.

I would just hope Joe Peschi could introduce Doug Ute to the 335 people in attendance at the White Field state championship trophy celebration(s) after the games.
For the record, that's Kruger Industrial Smoothing. I take my Seinfeld references very seriously.

Chesapeake, Ohio, here we come!

For the record, that's Kruger Industrial Smoothing. I take my Seinfeld references very seriously.
Portsmouth, Ohio, with its myriad of problems is appropriate for this "move the state titles, part #4,122" thread.

You check with Puddy on the Kruger spelling?

I have no intention of starting an argument. I think going to Nippert would be pretty cool. Never been there, but heard a lot of good about it. I would go state finals there. But that is obviously assuming they put a bid in.
Doubt it would happen, but Nippert would be cool. Great place to see a game.

I think Centerburg is closest to geographic center of Ohio. Not much seating there. Maybe nearby Big Walnut can host?