Ohio State Football 2023

with the chances of the Buckeyes...playing in the playoffs not likely.... sounds like they are in line for the orange bowl.... which players have played their LAST game for the Buckeyes?

with the chances of the Buckeyes...playing in the playoffs not likely.... sounds like they are in line for the orange bowl.... which players have played their LAST game for the Buckeyes?
Good God my wife is an NC State alum. There’s a solid chance that game could happen for OSU.

If Justin Frye gets the Indiana job...

Brian Ferentz for OL coach? Actually being serious.
If I had to pick coaches to get canned, the list would be:
- Fleming - special teams
- Frye - O-Line
- Dennis - QB coach (isn't he Urban's son-in-law?)

So If IU wants to hire Frye, that's fine with me. As long as Ferentz is not putting game plans together, he might be OK.

If I had to pick coaches to get canned, the list would be:
- Fleming - special teams
- Frye - O-Line
- Dennis - QB coach (isn't he Urban's son-in-law?)

So If IU wants to hire Frye, that's fine with me. As long as Ferentz is not putting game plans together, he might be OK.
What's wrong with the QB play? Stroud now McCord, I thought Honda improved immensely during the season. I know it's what could have been but if Donovan Jackson had not got bowled over on that last interception - Harrison was open and may have taken it to the house (again what could have been).

Pinto sure turned into a lemon when it mattered most.
McCord was 18-30 270 yds. 2 tds, 2 ints (last int was on the line) he threw one bad pass). He threw for 270 yds. even though OSU only had the football for a little over 26 mins. Last year it was Stroud's fault now McCord, no it is the lack of defense which is at fault. Didn't that lemon orchestrate a last-minute TD drive against the great Irish, talk about a QB that underperformed that would be the little leprechaun's QB.

Why Ferentz? Iowas offense has been pretty terrible
Not due to the position group(s) he could or has coached.

Hawkeyes have I believe 10 OL and TEs currently starting in the NFL with another 5 as backups and practice squad guys. That's extremely good given the overall caliber of their program and how inept their offense is. Iowa has more current NFL players rostered and starting at those position groups than Ohio State does.

McCord was 18-30 270 yds. 2 tds, 2 ints (last int was on the line) he threw one bad pass). He threw for 270 yds. even though OSU only had the football for a little over 26 mins. Last year it was Stroud's fault now McCord, no it is the lack of defense which is at fault. Didn't that lemon orchestrate a last-minute TD drive against the great Irish, talk about a QB that underperformed that would be the little leprechaun's QB.
McCord missed a lot of throws. His stat line is okay, but rewatching the type a lot of those 12 incompleteds were just bad throwing by McCord which left a lot of yards and possible points on the field.

"Gold Don's foresight" LOL!! I have never seen that posted on Yappi. You always slink out of the weeds after the fact, like the little snake you are, Gold Don.

I always suspected McCord would cost us the game, if we lost, because he is what he is. I didn't really expect the zebras' help (intentional or not), but I am glad Michigan needed it as much or more than they needed KYLE! ;)
more conspiracy theories

Pinto sure turned into a lemon when it mattered most.
It's not always bad to be the Pinto....

animalhouse_angelvdevil.jpg

Seems to be some social media chatter about them supposedly being interested in Washington State QB Cameron Ward.

Over 14,000 career total yards and 135 total TDs responsible for.

It's different if you're losing a guy to the NFL and bring a guy in. It's a bad signal to recruits if you portal a guy in to replace a young starter. Not a fan of doing that at all.

It's different if you're losing a guy to the NFL and bring a guy in. It's a bad signal to recruits if you portal a guy in to replace a young starter. Not a fan of doing that at all.
If McCord and Brown walk because of Ward, so be it. Bridges the gap for a Lincoln and Air battle.

None which seem to apply to McCord, which is the issue. If McCord was obviously terrible it'd be one thing, but he looked fine for a young first year starter. You portal him and you signal to recruits that unless they're a Heisman candidate out of the gate, they could be replaced. Not good.

None which seem to apply to McCord
The “don’t pan out” definitely applies to McCord as of right now. He was a top 50 recruit and in the system for 3 years and was just slightly above average for the year and bad in the biggest game of the year, making the same mistakes against Michigan as he did in the first few weeks of the season.

Not upgrading your roster because of the possibility of risking some recruits to lose faith is what programs like Kentucky or Cincinnati worry about. If OSU wants to be Alabama and Georgia, you upgrade your roster and figure out a way to explain it off to future recruits - and frankly it’s an easy explanation in this situation.

The “don’t pan out” definitely applies to McCord as of right now. He was a top 50 recruit and in the system for 3 years and was just slightly above average for the year and bad in the biggest game of the year, making the same mistakes against Michigan as he did in the first few weeks of the season.

Not upgrading your roster because of the possibility of risking some recruits to lose faith is what programs like Kentucky or Cincinnati worry about. If OSU wants to be Alabama and Georgia, you upgrade your roster and figure out a way to explain it off to future recruits - and frankly it’s an easy explanation in this situation.

Disagree. You start losing players to Penn State and Michigan when you have them thinking they’d be on a knife’s edge at your program.

Last edited: