Ohio Heritage Conference 2023

can’t wait for tonight.. should be 2 great games i hope to see. i might be even more excited for Purple Monkey Pizza and ice cream before the game 👍🏻 that buffalo chicken pizza is one of the best.

FB_IMG_1698410446458.jpg

dogfight here in South Charleston so far!

Fort Loramie- 42
Southeastern- 35
in the 4th

SE had a 35-21 lead at one point

It’s crazy to say but I think Burg gives Ansonia a battle, as long as Burg doesn’t turn the ball over, which is easier said than done. I still have Ansonia by 2 scores, 34-20

WLS came out FLAT. Valley dominated us for the entire first quarter. McGill had something like 7-8 carries and only one was for positive yards. Made some adjustments and defense played well thankfully. 47-7 final. Hopefully the scared them enough to not come out flat next week

Week 12:
7 Northeastern (8-3) @ 2 Waynesville (9-2)
7 Nelsonville-York (8-3) @ 2 West Jefferson (10-1)
5 Tri Village (10-1) @ 4 West Liberty-Salem (10-1)
8 Cedarville (8-3) @ 1 Marion Local (11-0)
10 Mechanicsburg (7-4) @ 2 Ansonia (11-0)

wow Cedarville headed to Maria Stein next week. didn’t they play the Flyers in the playoffs a few weeks ago?

i don’t know where i’m headed next week, but the Cedarville game is surely the front runner.

The OHC has owned the CCC in the past, but I think this year’s CCC is a little higher caliber. Those 2 matchups will be interesting.

I
I have a Ansonia by 3-4 scores if burg plays like triad game a running clock 💯
It’s a guessing game🤷‍♂️. Depends on what Burg team comes out, if they come out like they did against WJ or Triad it’s not gonna be close but if they can come out like they did against Northeastern or West Lib then they’ll give them a game. I think it works to Burgs advantage that they won’t have to worry about Ansonia passing the ball, stack the box and we what happens

Round 2! OHC did pretty good. Seemed like SE had the opportunity to win, just couldn't seal the deal. Who you got this Friday??

Cedarville / Marion Local - I have ML with a runaway score. Won't be close. +40-0
NE / Waynesville - I have NE. Another nail-biter, but NE is healthy again and full of grit NE 28-14
WJ / Nelsonville-York. Don't know anything about NY, but WJ is a very solid team. WJ 21-7
Mechanicsburg / Ansonia. The more Mechanicsburg plays, the better they get. Ball control and clock management. Burg 28-7
WLS / Tri-Village. McGill is the difference. WLS 35 - 28

Round 2! OHC did pretty good. Seemed like SE had the opportunity to win, just couldn't seal the deal. Who you got this Friday??

Cedarville / Marion Local - I have ML with a runaway score. Won't be close. +40-0
NE / Waynesville - I have NE. Another nail-biter, but NE is healthy again and full of grit NE 28-14
WJ / Nelsonville-York. Don't know anything about NY, but WJ is a very solid team. WJ 21-7
Mechanicsburg / Ansonia. The more Mechanicsburg plays, the better they get. Ball control and clock management. Burg 28-7
WLS / Tri-Village. McGill is the difference. WLS 35 - 28
I am mixed about Ansonia. They seem to be a pretty good team, they beat Preble Shawnee and Tri Village but the rest of their schedule was a bit iffy overall. Heard they have 3 starting linemen out and their top Defensive Back. I think Burg will be good as long as they take care of the ball. As of right now I have Ansonia 28-14

2 match-ups between the Western Ohio Athletic Conference and the Ohio Heritage Conference.

Last year the WOAC went 2-0 against the OHC (Preble Shawnee beat Greeneview and Ansonia beat Catholic Central). Before the CCC disbanded (2020), the current OHC teams were 15-2 against current WOAC teams. It seems crazy, but it appears once Covington, Miami East, Bethel, and Fort Loramie (short stint) left; the remaining schools have gotten better. Which is the exact opposite of what I think the ones who left thought was going to happen. The OHC is currently 0-2 all-time vs the WOAC.

Not that this has anything to do with these 2 match-ups, just fun tidbits. Mechanicsburg has never played Anosnia and is 3-1 all-time against WOAC teams (last meeting was a 2013 playoff win against National Trail). WL-S has never played Tri-Village and is 10-0 all-time against current WOAC teams (last meeting was a 2014 playoff win against Tri-County North).

I don't even know what to think, but I hope WL-S doesn't come out flat on Friday. This is a game they can for sure lose if they do.