Ohio Heritage Conference 2023

Same story for WJ this week as most all year......................protect the QB, balanced attack with some sort of run game and play some physical defense.

One final mandatory factor, come out strong and start laying the wood early.

Do these things and we have a chance to win and move into another regional final game.

FB_IMG_1699527883526.jpg

Looking at these stats made me wonder. What are the most passing yards and passing touchdowns in a season by an OHC quarterback? I know the OHC Website goes back to 2018 but does anyone know of stats before then?
Brian Kelly (SCC) is about the only other QB I think can contend with those numbers. Looking back, it looks like his senior year he threw for 3,084 yards and 40 TDs. Regular season stats only, not sure what he did in the playoffs.

Reed Florence put up some big numbers for Southeastern correct? 2009 or 2010 maybe. I know for sure he set some records at Wittenberg in college

I posted something similar in the CBC thread, so here it is for this thread ...

Now that the teams are done, and I am bored, let's talk about end of season stuff!

Any team that surprised you, good or bad?
Any coaching moves that could shake things up in the OHC?
Who stood out in a good or bad way?
Anyone to keep our eyes on for next year?
Did everyone expect the outcomes we saw this year?

Just trying to start up/keep conversation going! I miss talking about football, lol.

WLS had their banquet last night and it was announced that Gabe McGill was OHC North POY. Congrats to Gabe!

WLS loses some great players (including McGill), but next year's senior class is 17 strong and they return 7 starters on offense and 7 starters on defense.

Saw that Fairbanks posted their HC job. We all knew that was coming. Any other schools in the OHC that are expected to have a coaching change?

Also congrats to two former West Jefferson players:
* Senior Asher Wilson (Nordonia), DE 6’4”, 245 lbs being 3rd team All State in Division 2. I believe he is going to Air Force
* Senior Cameron Jewell (Jonathan Alder), RB 6’2, 190 lbs being 1st team All State in Division 4