Ohio and surrounding states need to do better

The talent in Ohio is becoming borderline a joke now. Only one kid in the 2023 class in the 247 composite top 100. Same goes for the 2024 class. This is not just a problem in Ohio, the same things are happening in the border states such as Indiana, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. The talent is not there to build an elite college football program.

It is just waaaaay too hard to recruit kids from far away distances and get them to come to your school. If Damon Wilson for instance was in Pennsylvania and not Florida then I believe he’s a Buckeye. Same goes for Keon Keeley.

Programs like Georgia, Alabama, Miami have such a massive margin for error considering their location. Alabama the state for instance isn’t known to be a football factory but they do border Georgia and Florida which makes their recruiting that much easier. Not only is it closer to home for these kids but it makes it easier for coaching staffs down there to visit them. Massive disadvantage for Ohio State, the Big Ten, and Notre Dame.

What is the answer to all of this? That I don’t know, I’ve heard more 7 on 7 participation for players outside of their high schools as well as spring football but your state either has the elite athletes or it doesn’t so not sure that’s the answer.

States in the north continue to lose population due to lack of jobs and just god awful state politics and people do not want to live there. Most of the black population in this country also resides in the southeast and let’s be real, the best athletes are black.

Regardless something needs to be done, something needs to change immediately because the Midwest is being completely destroyed on the national stage in recruiting and on the field.
The ANSWER IS, having a far better system for developing players for the next level. I don't know the nuances of Ohio per se' BUT. I doubt if they emphasize 7 on 7, OTA'S, scrimmages in both Spring and Fall, padded camps, year-round weight training, and 365 day nutritional programs throughout the state, as Georgia does.

Last edited:
Decided to look up and try and find the statistics. Basically backs my point. States in the midwest and Big Ten country have the lowest % of married black couples.

WELL in their DEEfense, very few of ANY race have decided to marry in ANY part of the USA! It appears to be a wave of the present AND future of the degradation of America. You see bridal shops going out of business all OVER the SOUTH! Probably due to the enormous cost of weddings, wedding dresses, and difficulty for friends and relatives to trek to the event.

Here is the real reason tcu got blown out in the championship... the state is going soft due to all the weak Californians moving in

In Tejas' DEEfense. Their high school football has ALWAYS been a JOKE. I've been watching that crap for at least fifteen seasons. It's like watching basketball on grass. The reason why they draw tens of thousands of fans to big games is. The average fan LUUUUVS them some scoring. First team to HUNDRED WINS!

I've always marveled at how much emphasis Texans place upon stats in their prep leagues. It's commonplace to have dozens of RB's who break the 3000 and even 4,000 yard barrier in a fifteen game schedule. TRUTH be known. I don't even think that they can spell DEFENSE in the lone wolf state.

CONVERSESLY, the second leading rusher in Georgia history, is a fellow you MAY have heard of. He rushed for 3100 yds. in fifteen games, for SINGLE A Johnson County. (Among the smallest schools in the state) His name is Hershel Walker. And many more fairly good players have far fewer yards than he does in the state. Among those are Emerson Boozer, James Brooks, William Andrews, Garrison Hearst, Alvin Kamara, Tyreek Hill, and George Rogers.

Back to Texas. When's the last time a university that uses primarily Texas high school players, did ANYTHING in the college playoffs? And Oklahoma gets THEIR players from Texas as well.

Why do you think that Georgia stays away from Texas? We only have one player, (DL Bear Alexander) who has played during Kirby Smart's tenure.

Last edited:
The ANSWER IS, having a far better system for developing players for the next level. I don't know the nuances of Ohio per se' BUT. I doubt if they emphasize 7 on 7, OTA'S, scrimmages in both Spring and Fall, padded camps, year-round weight training, and 365 day nutritional programs, throughout the state, as Georgia does.
No they don't, I thought it would be addressed in this thread but it really wasn't as much.

This thread here addresses a lot of those problems. One of the bigger problems is a lot of people in that thread don't want 7 v 7 or spring ball.

WELL in their DEEfense, very few of ANY race have decided to marry in ANY part of the USA! It appears to be a wave of the present AND future of the degradation of America. You see bridal shops going out of business all OVER the SOUTH! Probably due to the enormous cost of weddings, wedding dresses, and difficulty for friends and relatives to trek to the event.
It's much less in the midwest though, especially amongst the black population.

yeah its a major problem that Ohio State isn't winning the NFL minor leagues title

We need to get all hands on deck to rectify this situation.

An Ohio Football Moon Shot. forget cancer.

Bridal shops and dentist offices, two things hard to find in the South. Shouldn't be hard for relatives to trek to weddings. They usually have the same relatives.
1675859051352.png

The talent in Ohio is becoming borderline a joke now. Only one kid in the 2023 class in the 247 composite top 100. Same goes for the 2024 class. This is not just a problem in Ohio, the same things are happening in the border states such as Indiana, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. The talent is not there to build an elite college football program.

It is just waaaaay too hard to recruit kids from far away distances and get them to come to your school. If Damon Wilson for instance was in Pennsylvania and not Florida then I believe he’s a Buckeye. Same goes for Keon Keeley.

Programs like Georgia, Alabama, Miami have such a massive margin for error considering their location. Alabama the state for instance isn’t known to be a football factory but they do border Georgia and Florida which makes their recruiting that much easier. Not only is it closer to home for these kids but it makes it easier for coaching staffs down there to visit them. Massive disadvantage for Ohio State, the Big Ten, and Notre Dame.

What is the answer to all of this? That I don’t know, I’ve heard more 7 on 7 participation for players outside of their high schools as well as spring football but your state either has the elite athletes or it doesn’t so not sure that’s the answer.

States in the north continue to lose population due to lack of jobs and just god awful state politics and people do not want to live there. Most of the black population in this country also resides in the southeast and let’s be real, the best athletes are black.

Regardless something needs to be done, something needs to change immediately because the Midwest is being completely destroyed on the national stage in recruiting and on the field.
What you say to a degree, is very true, BUT. I think that you folks are missing the boat as to the WHY! Most of the teams in the Northeast and Midwest have LOW national footprint, contrary to that of schools such as OSU, MEEECHIGAN, and ND, for some of the reasons you delineated. THAT being said, Region 1-7A in SOUTH Georgia, has traditionally had kids trekking to the BIG TEN. I believe that at least three have gone to Ohio State, from Lee County. And I believe that before Colorado scoffed up the DL from Leesburg/Valdosta. He was being courted by OSU. My school alone, has sent at least two to the Big Ten. (One WR currently at Minn. and a TE to Ind.) And the leading receiver in the Big Ten two seasons ago, came from South Georgia's Tift County, Rashad Bateman. And three North Georgia kids have STARRED for OSU in the recent past.

But contrary to popular belief, UGA does NOT have a chokehold on local talent. Of the top 100 players from the past three years in the state, during Kirby's reign. Fewer than 30% have signed with the DAWGS. They compete with not ONLY Ohio State, MEEEchigan, and Alabama. But Clemson, Florida, Auburn, Ky., LSU, South Carolina, TENN., MISS., MISS St., Florida, and FSU, as well.

As an aside, addressing the better weather aspect. TRUE to a point, BUT. MORE so than that, is the fact that Southern high schools, especially in Georgia, tend to emphasize ALL aspects of development, twelve months a year, within our state rules and regulations. I can't speak for all but, at our school, we have a 24/7/365 nutritional program. We have a fifth quarter cafeteria for additional nutritional needs after practice. We also have the fifty-yard strength/conditioning/agility room for our football team. We have film rooms and personal I Pads for scouting reports, and that full sized indoor practice facility, for those inclement weather days. We have OTA OL/DL drills in the summer with other schools. As well as ten days of Spring and Fall practice, accompanied with a Spring and Fall scrimmages with outside opponents. And we also schedule national quality Seven on Seven tourneys, which are in some cases, national 7 on 7 qualifiers. Last season, Colquitt participated in the defending State Champion's tourney at Collins Hill. We also participated in the Hoover, Ala. Invitational tourney, and the Kirby Smart Invitational tourney in Athens. And lifting is a TWELVE-MONTH endeavor at most schools in Georgia. And in the interim, our coaching staff treks to Power Five schools in the SEC/ACC to get updates on training, nutrition, and tweeks to the offense and defense.

There were a few instances on this forum, where the fundamentals in Georgia were brought into question. I'm not certain where those allegations were founded. But they CERTAINLY weren't born from watching ANYBODY that plays the Colquitt Co. Packers!

And as far as loooooong distances being an impairment to recruiting. Nothing could be FURTHER from the truth. Since Kirby came back to UGA eight seasons ago. They have successfully recruited star players from Washington State (Kelee Ringer) Kendall Milton and Brock Bowers, and now a HUMONGO OL from St. John Bosco in Southern Cal. But many players came from MIAMI, which is about the same distance to Athens, as Columbus, Ohio is to Georgia. UGA currently has two OL from NEW England. And how far do you think that MINN. is from Moultrie, Georgia? I can assure you that WR Lemeke Brockington from Colquitt, will be as good as most ANYBODY in the Big Ten, before he's finished. Just as Rashad Bateman was for MINN., in the recent past. In short, DISTANCE for recruiting is a copout, with most Big Ten schools. NATIONAL FOOTPRINT is the key. And RECRUITING BUDGET follows closely behind. HELL, Jim Hardpaw tried to set up a RECRUITING camp in GEORGIA, can you believe THAT? I'm STUNNED he didn't get charged with a MISdemeanor violation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

The talent is down south and out west because it’s better weather. There also tends to be bigger schools in many of those states. Ohio football would still have a demographics issue, but quality of play would likely improve with school district consolidation. That would likely cut down participation numbers, though, cut into community spirit…which is waning in HS sports nationwide, and would still not significantly increase the numbers of blue chip recruits.
If ANYTHING is diminishing high school participation in Georgia. It's spelled JOE FRICKIN BIDEN! Between rising fuel prices and overall inflation (8% MY PICKLED BUTT) necessitating significant rising admission prices and everything ELSE related to sports in general, it has become CRIPPLING. In OUR case in SOUTH GEORGIA. You probably don't know this, but due to very few schools being in the 7A classification below I-20. Our teams have to trek on THURSDAYS or FRIDAYS, to play a Friday or Saturday match up. From Moultrie to St. Mary's is 120 miles, while Richmond Hill is 200! And we field TWENTY sports, And ANY state playoff will be played in metro ATL. 200 plus miles one way. And we're talking at LEAST 25-30 motel rooms, plus meals and fuel, for football alone.

As for the size of the school, diminishing the talent interest. Some of the greatest athletes in Georgia history, came from schools with fewer than 500 coeds. Names like Boss and Champ Bailey, Sterling and Shannon Sharpe, Garrison Hearst, Barney Bussey, Mel Blount, Stump Mitchell, George Rogers, and HERSHEL WALKER. And two FIVE STAR QB's are currently on the UGA roster, waiting their turn. They reside from those metropolises of Tiger, Georgia. (Gunner Stockton) and Brock Vandergriff, from Prince Avenue Christian, in Podunk, Ga.)

But in Colquitt's case, consolidation WOULD help OUR situation, from a mere logistical standpoint. When I was in high school, we had TWO COMPLETE regions of twenty schools, below the Macon gnat line. NOW, we have SIX SCHOOLS TOTAL in ONE region, stretching from Savannah, to Jacksonville, to close to the Alabama state line. ALL because the GHSA is trying to end the dominance of one of the greatest regions (conferences for most folks) in the USA, Region 1-7A! There have been eleven nattys 'won' by teams in Georgia. And ALL eleven were won by current or previous members of our region. (Valdosta (6), Thomasville(1), Colquitt Co., (1) Lagrange (1), and Warner Robins (2) The ORIGINAL DEVIL'S TRIANGLE!;)

Last edited:
The answer Spring football, football academies such as IMG, I've always believed want to be successful copy successful people.
If you're talking pure recruiting, MAAAYbe IMG! But THAT ISN'T HIGH SCHOOL football. They have no business competing against regular high school teams. PLUS, it hurts local teams who were really depending upon players that are plucked from their rosters. And NOBODY is immune. Buford lost Issaic Naata to IMG, a few years back.

Spring football gives those teams ENORMOUS advantages against teams who opt NOT to participate. In your case, I believe that you have ten days to formulate a plan with new personnel in the Fall. With Spring ball, you not only compete three months prior to the start of the season. But you have the chance to play TWO different outside opponents, with a roster fairly well in place from the Spring, after Sping and Fall practices.

Not much will change. Get used to it. The Midwest and Northeast populations are old and only a couple of those states have historically strong football cultures (OH and PA). The population has moved south and west and that’s where you’ll find the bulk of the football talent. You can’t move OSU, so it’s up to them to maintain an attractive enough program to lure the great players nationwide. So far, so good in that regard.
UGA continually loses top talent to podunk schools in their own areas. Look at Raiola, he dissed OSU, and NOW it appears that he is opting to play for NO D USC, rather than UGA! SAME o SAME o, for ARCH Manning, who went to a Tejas team that will NEVER be a factor in the SEC! HECK, we only got Kelee Ringo and Brock Bowers, because the WEST Coast SHUT DOWN FOOTBALL for a Fall. Brock was begging us to take a look see with home video of his lone workouts. UGA fooled EVERYBODY ELSE, and grabbed him before he was a household name. But we lost the RB transfer from GT, who went to Alabumble. He's from DALTON, GEORGIA, as is WILL ANDERSON being from DUTCHTOWN, GEORGIA! And UGA just lost a FIVE STAR LBer from the South Ga. swamps to Alabumble through the transfer portal, as well. The main RB for Auburn last season, (Tank Bigsby) is from TROUP COUNTY, GEORGIA! And the main RB for Fla., was from Kirby's HOMETOWN of Bainbridge, Ga.

Last edited:

The MAIN reason why there are more black players in the South versus white kids IS. Many white kids prefer to play baseball, soccer, track and field, fishing, rifle, and swimming/diving at Colquitt. As for blacks are just better at football than whites. SOMEbody had better tell Brock Bowers, Oscar Delp, Chambliss, Andrew Paul, Brock Vandergriff, Ladd McConkey, ALL FOUR of UGA's QBs are white. And all but one of their TE'S. And they have two LBers and three OL who are white. They have two white punters, and two white FG kickers. HOWEVER, many of the white athletes hale from the ATL metro area. Because many of those schools have much larger enrollments than Colquitt's. At 2350 coeds. We are the twenty sixth largest school in the state. And many of our white kids opt to concentrate on baseball and soccer. But in the North Georgia schools. There are enough white athletes to spread around to the various teams that a particular school has. But this notion that black athletes, at least in football, are super to white boys, is well, CRAPOLA! And you take the rules away that a basketball can't be slammed or laid in. And blacks are average at best, in basketball as well.

As an aside, did you ever notice that the New England Patriots almost ALWAYS have a predominance of white receivers and TE'S? Me THINKS that their coach is attempting to make a point! ;)
That's odd, are people just not reproducing like they used to? I did see a podcast that talked about a lot of people are choosing not to have kids as much anymore. I also heard that the "nuclear family" exists much more in the south especially with the black population vs up north.
WHO told you THAT? Bridal shops are becoming OB SO LETE in Georgia. And most black folk can't even spell marriage. Their moto is, why buy the dairy when you can get the milk for FREE!!! And the white boys are following their lead. And with no male in the homes. There is little motivation to do so, since welfare isn't funded to two parent families. It's much more lucrative for the matriarch to receive remuneration from the boyfriend outside of the home. I didn't read this in a book, by the way. I was on the frontlines, while working for the state of Georgia.

Last edited:
The adding of Rutgers and Maryland was done for tv revenue reasons, but those two states have been B1G recruiting hotbeds for a long time now anyway. They both produce a good number of recruits and many elite recruits.

And sitting in the hottest hotbed for HS football hasn’t done a whole lot for Texas and Texas A&M over the past few decades now. They’ve had blips, but not the sustained success of Ohio State.
Have you ever SEEN a Tejas high school game? Watch a few so called good ones, and THEN you'll know why good college teams shy away from those cowpokes. They can't even SPELL DEEEfense in the Lone Wolf State.(The TCU game against UGA was EXHIBIT A) I watched Kyler Murray once in the big school state championship game, against Cypress Ranch. And I'll NEVER forget the fourth and fourteen Allen had on the OWN 38 yard line. NOBODY in Georgia would have even remotely considered going for that in a TIE game (7-7) in the first quarter. But just like TCU, CYRANCH had no CLUE about setting the edge. And Murray ran SIXTEEN yards for a first down. And NEARLY SCORED. Because they had NO fear or respect for ANYTHING CY Ranch did in that game. And Cy Ranch had to beat FIVE teams to get to this championship game!

As an aside to this. Allen, with 6500 students, had to trek waaay down the road, to find a QB1! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Spring Football and 7 on 7 are the answers to some, but what about the following?
1. Spring Practices do not benefit the kids as much as it is for the colleges. If Urban Meyer was evaluating a kid in the spring, he was looking more to why not to offer a kid, not so that he could offer him. It was to benefit him and his staff, not the athlete.
2. Stats will very, but for the sake of argument about 2% get the chance to play Division I college football. We are suppose to disrupt everything for 2% of the population? That makes sense.
3. In these days of limiting contact during the week of in season practice to lessen the chances of concussion. We are now suppose to add practices/scrimmages where the chances of becoming concussed become increased.
4. What happens to the kid's season when he suffers a surgery required injury participating in these spring practices/scrimmages, so colleges can evaluate a couple kids. No summer camps and no season so college coaches can evaluate 1 or 2 kids.
5. What happens to spring sports and the multi sport athlete? This wold kill spring sports in some areas. Kids would not play because all kids think they are getting DI scholarships and many would specialize to have that spring chance. The colleges will tell you that they want multi sport athletes, but this would do just the opposite.
6. Quality high school coaches are on the decline in all sports. How will this help football. Who will pay for the football coaches to put in a mini spring season? Are they suppose to do it for free? College coaches get bonuses for everything. This could cost us great coaches at the high school level. What about the multi sport coach?

This whole point of spring football in high school is for the benefit of college coaches. It is not done with the high school athlete or coach in mind. They are ruining college football, don't let them do it to high school.

In terms of 7 on 7. That is not football and is an attempt by the AAU types to get control of high school football players and grab cash. 7 v. 7 is not real football. If anyone is going to offer a Qb a D1 scholarship based on him throwing with no rush, seeing man coverage every snap and wearing a hat backwards deserves when he gets fired.

Let's hope OHSAA does not give in on these fronts. Let's not break a good seasonal system. You do not change high school sports to benefit college coaches or the 2% that will get to play college.
This is an excellent post and so much to unpack.
I 100% agree, the thought of making major rules changes to benefit such a small percentage of athletes makes no sense. The main reason the southern western states have higher recruiting ratings is simply due to the weather. They can train and do more activities for these kids 10-12 months out of the year where the northern schools are 8-9 months max. That's not necessarily a bad thing. One of the bigger issues we hear about with young athletes are.... overuse injuries. Also, the whole premise of this thread was based on recruiting services. What are recruiting services?? We see all the time these kids are 5 star, 4 star recuits. Do we ever go back and see what happened to these recruits 5-10 years after? A few progress and end up being a professional athlete. But how many wash out? Never even start at the school they go to? What is the criteria to being a 5 star recruit? I mean if there are more 5 star recruits than positions available, then the system is set up to fail.

If anything, I think we really need to put some parameters on these off season activities, and that includes the parents make good sound decisions about their kids. These AAU basketball players who play 100 games a summer from the time they are 10-18 years old, spending thousands of dollars and then the kid doesn't even get a sniff of a D2, D1 scholarship??? That's sad. Meanwhile the kid only knows basketball and never played another sport. Now what?

Bridal shops and dentist offices, two things hard to find in the South. Shouldn't be hard for relatives to trek to weddings. They usually have the same relatives.
View attachment 38800
In the immortal words of that TRUE Amuuurican patriot, and Georgia homeboy, Jeff Foxworthy. YOU sir, COULD be a RACIST! White folk didn't start this trend below the Macon-Dixie Line. NOW, aBOVE the Macon-Dixie Line, ALL bets are off with you CARPETBAGGERS in the ATL! 😉

As fer my teefies. Don't NEED no stinkin dentist, when I can just pull um out of the draw and buff um off, ready for my swim in the cement pond. (y)

Last edited:
I 100% agree, the thought of making major rules changes to benefit such a small percentage of athletes makes no sense. The main reason the southern western states have higher recruiting ratings is simply due to the weather. They can train and do more activities for these kids 10-12 months out of the year where the northern schools are 8-9 months max. That's not necessarily a bad thing. One of the bigger issues we hear about with young athletes are.... overuse injuries. Also, the whole premise of this thread was based on recruiting services. What are recruiting services?? We see all the time these kids are 5 star, 4 star recuits. Do we ever go back and see what happened to these recruits 5-10 years after? A few progress and end up being a professional athlete. But how many wash out? Never even start at the school they go to? What is the criteria to being a 5 star recruit? I mean if there are more 5 star recruits than positions available, then the system is set up to fail.

If anything, I think we really need to put some parameters on these off season activities, and that includes the parents make good sound decisions about their kids. These AAU basketball players who play 100 games a summer from the time they are 10-18 years old, spending thousands of dollars and then the kid doesn't even get a sniff of a D2, D1 scholarship??? That's sad. Meanwhile the kid only knows basketball and never played another sport. Now what?
WELL, if they wanna come on down. My alma mater will gladly take a chance here in DII baseibol! Cause for the last three seasons, we can't stink much MORE!

THAT'S the problem at my alma mater. Specializing on baseibol, and baseibol alone. Several years back, we had a 6'6", 235 lb. pitcher on our 7A semi finalist, who no hit Parkview, the future State Champions. But he played not a single down of football. And we could have used a specimen such as this guy to play TE! It ended with him signing with Georgia Tech. But like Jeff Francouer, I believe that both would have been better served playing DI football, and beyond.

If you can figure out how to control population shifts and where people decide to live you’ll be onto something.
SIMPLE REALLY. In order to necessitate the slowing on Northern migration to heaven on earth. You MUST forgo this insanity of trying to stop global warming. ERGO, SNOW in the NORTH of the SOUTH! ;) And SECONDLY, curtail this insane notion, that EVERYBODY in the North MUST earn 100 dollars an hour to sweep the streets. WHY do you suppose that there are SOOOO many companies moving their wares to the SOUTH? It's because we have FEW UNIONS, to drive up prices and drive away investors. But, BUT, BUT, before you diss the reduced salaries. Factor in that it's NOT what you make, it's what you have LEFT when you pay your bills. There was this segment on one of the home shows that I watch from time to time. And it told the story of a lady with three children living like rats in Manhattan. Who was subsequently transferred to the ATL. She told the realtor what she desired in a dwelling. And that it needed to be south of town, and what she was willing to pay. Long story short, she got a dwelling similar in price to New York. Only in New York, she had a 1000 sq. ft. apartment. And in South Atlanta, she got a 4,000 sq. ft. three story, with a two acre yard. WELCOME to the SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

By the BY, does anyone know the parent state for Cabbage Patch Kids, Chic fila, Vidalia Sweet Onions, Peach Films Corp., COCA COLA, and the first U.S. gold rush? Cinematography is such a vocation, because the Peach State is the location for 1/4 of all films made today in the U.S., including the little ditty about the 'WALKING DEAD'!

And that state also has a college Cinematography major at one of your internet bud's alma mater, in the second fastest growing state East of the Mississippi River. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The talent is down south and out west because it’s better weather. There also tends to be bigger schools in many of those states. Ohio football would still have a demographics issue, but quality of play would likely improve with school district consolidation. That would likely cut down participation numbers, though, cut into community spirit…which is waning in HS sports nationwide, and would still not significantly increase the numbers of blue-chip recruits.
WHERE did you see THAT? Georgia has only 45 teams in Class AAAAAAA. (7A) Class A (1A) has about eighty. And the other 320 teams are divided among AA-AAAAAA. And several of the best teams in the state are in AA, AAA, AAAA, and AAAAA. (Benedictine, Cedar Grove, Sandy Creek, Langston Hughes, and Cartersville)

SIMPLE REALLY. In order to necessitate the slowing on Northern migration to heaven on earth. You MUST forgo this insanity of trying to stop global warming. ERGO, NO SNOW in the NORTH of the SOUTH! ;) And SECONDLY, curtail this insane notion, that EVERYBODY in the North MUST earn 100 dollars an hour to sweep the streets. WHY do you suppose that there are SOOOO many companies moving their wares to the SOUTH? It's because we have FEW UNIONS, to drive up prices and drive away investors.

By the BY, does anyone know the parent state for Cabbage Patch Kids, Chic fila, Vidalia Sweet Onions, Peach Films Corp., COCA COLA, and the first U.S. gold rush?

And that state also has a college Cinematography major at one of your internet bud's alma mater, in the second fastest growing state East of the Mississippi River. :rolleyes:
No one is reading your ramblings, fyi.

Here is the real reason tcu got blown out in the championship... the state is going soft due to all the weak Californians moving in

Have you ever watched their high school ball? They've ALWAYS been SOFT. Why do you think that few if any of their top teams ever play OOS opponents? They can't even SPELL DEEEEfense. First one to a HUNNERED WINS!

In Athens, they either transfer, or go to the pros. In 2021, UGA had six guys who transferred out, go in the NFL draft, including one who went to THE Ohio State.

Did an internet search (wiki) average age of a person living in Ohio 39.6 in alabama 39.5, Fla. 42.7, Ga. 37.3, Indiana 38, Penn. 40.9, Ill., 38.8, not a big difference. Alabama had 6 players in 247's top 100, Georgia 5. Ohio 1. Ohio has a pop. of nearly 12 million, Ga. 11 million, Alabama 5 million. Age population has little to do with the talent disparity. In 247 bball rankings Ohio has 4 players in the top 100 why does Ohio have bball talent not football. I do agree OSU has to be able to recruit nationally and I remember people complain that Meyer did not focuis on Ohio enough.
Does anybody ever ask the question, as to WHY UGA recruits nationally? It's because we lose out on a vast majority of the best players in OUR state, to all of the major suspects in the Power Five. And NOW, Deion has started to swap THOSE as WELL! The ONLY reason that it appears that UGA gets the top tier players in our state IS. According to NFL recruiting services, the state of Georgia appears to have a good number of great players in EVERY position group. Whereas other states are famous for two or three position groups, in any given season. Say Georgia has ten top tier recruits in a given group. They are usually lucky to get three of those ten, in a given season. THAT'S why we frequently have to go to Florida for receivers and running backs.

Longhorns and Aggies both get a lot of in-state recruits that are generally much more polished/less room for growth than other hotbed states due to the resources Texas schools make available for football. It's a huge hotbed because you have a lot of gargantuan school districts with massive football budgets and guys making 80k+ solely to be the head football coach.
80K? Are you serious? You couldn't get an athletic TRAINER with a few seasons under his/her belt, for 80K in Georgia. STARTING salaries at most top tier schools in the Peach State, are $100,000. TRUE, most head coaches hafta act like they actually teach, BUT. Many of the top programs have no such teaching requirements. PLUS, they get to supplement their coaching incomes, through speaking engagements/putting on clinics in the summer as well.

80K? Are you serious? You couldn't get an athletic TRAINER with a few seasons under his/her belt, for 80K in Georgia. STARTING salaries at most top tier schools in the Peach State, are $100,000. TRUE, most head coaches hafta act like they actually teach, BUT. Many of the top programs have no such teaching requirements. PLUS, they get to supplement their coaching incomes, through speaking engagements/putting on clinics in the summer as well.
Man these numbers have really ballooned over the last few years. I just looked this up. Average H.S. football coaching salary in the DFW metroplex is $116k. Several are up around $140k or more. J.F.C. My frame of reference for "highly overpaid" was Southlake Carroll H.S. (had a relative that formerly was a head coach in a different sport there). 10 years ago that was an $85-90k type gig and now the coach makes $131k. Christ. That's superintendent level money in Ohio, and virtually all of the highest paid Texas coaches have zero teaching responsibilities.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.st...fwvarsity/prep-football/article264602616.html

That's a whole other discussion but the places I listed there are lower for blacks than anywhere else.

What you say to a degree, is very true, BUT. I think that you folks are missing the boat as to the WHY! Most of the teams in the Northeast and Midwest have LOW national footprint, contrary to that of schools such as OSU, MEEECHIGAN, and ND, for some of the reasons you delineated. THAT being said, Region 1-7A in SOUTH Georgia, has traditionally had kids trekking to the BIG TEN. I believe that at least three have gone to Ohio State, from Lee County. And I believe that before Colorado scoffed up the DL from Leesburg/Valdosta. He was being courted by OSU. My school alone, has sent at least two to the Big Ten. (One WR currently at Minn. and a TE to Ind.) And the leading receiver in the Big Ten two seasons ago, came from South Georgia's Tift County, Rashad Bateman. And three North Georgia kids have STARRED for OSU in the recent past.

But contrary to popular belief, UGA does NOT have a chokehold on local talent. Of the top 100 players from the past three years in the state, during Kirby's reign. Fewer than 30% have signed with the DAWGS. They compete with not ONLY Ohio State, MEEEchigan, and Alabama. But Clemson, Florida, Auburn, Ky., LSU, South Carolina, TENN., MISS., MISS St., Florida, and FSU, as well.

As an aside, addressing the better weather aspect. TRUE to a point, BUT. MORE so than that, is the fact that Southern high schools, especially in Georgia, tend to emphasize ALL aspects of development, twelve months a year, within our state rules and regulations. I can't speak for all but, at our school, we have a 24/7/365 nutritional program. We have a fifth quarter cafeteria for additional nutritional needs after practice. We also have the fifty-yard strength/conditioning/agility room for our football team. We have film rooms and personal I Pads for scouting reports, and that full sized indoor practice facility, for those inclement weather days. We have OTA OL/DL drills in the summer with other schools. As well as ten days of Spring and Fall practice, accompanied with a Spring and Fall scrimmages with outside opponents. And we also schedule national quality Seven on Seven tourneys, which are in some cases, national 7 on 7 qualifiers. Last season, Colquitt participated in the defending State Champion's tourney at Collins Hill. We also participated in the Hoover, Ala. Invitational tourney, and the Kirby Smart Invitational tourney in Athens. And lifting is a TWELVE-MONTH endeavor at most schools in Georgia. And in the interim, our coaching staff treks to Power Five schools in the SEC/ACC to get updates on training, nutrition, and tweeks to the offense and defense.

There were a few instances on this forum, where the fundamentals in Georgia were brought into question. I'm not certain where those allegations were founded. But they CERTAINLY weren't born from watching ANYBODY that plays the Colquitt Co. Packers!

And as far as loooooong distances being an impairment to recruiting. Nothing could be FURTHER from the truth. Since Kirby came back to UGA eight seasons ago. They have successfully recruited star players from Washington State (Kelee Ringer) Kendall Milton and Brock Bowers, and now a HUMONGO OL from St. John Bosco in Southern Cal. But many players came from MIAMI, which is about the same distance to Athens, as Columbus, Ohio is to Georgia. UGA currently has two OL from NEW England. And how far do you think that MINN. is from Moultrie, Georgia? I can assure you that WR Lemeke Brockington from Colquitt, will be as good as most ANYBODY in the Big Ten, before he's finished. Just as Rashad Bateman was for MINN., in the recent past. In short, DISTANCE for recruiting is a copout, with most Big Ten schools. NATIONAL FOOTPRINT is the key. And RECRUITING BUDGET follows closely behind. HELL, Jim Hardpaw tried to set up a RECRUITING camp in GEORGIA, can you believe THAT? I'm STUNNED he didn't get charged with a MISdemeanor violation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O
Kids from that region have always been going to the Big Ten but for the most part they are NOT the best kids. The best players have stayed in the south outside of a few. Also, so what if Georgia hasn't gotten as many or their top in state kids? They still have Alabama and Florida as next door neighbors to their state.