OFFICIAL: No wrestling state tournament.

so we have a lot of people on this board. On fb, I have 1100 friends from all over the country. We do the travel circuit for youth and I have friends from socal, north cal, Colorado, georgia, the east coast and everywhere in between. I made a post on fb asking if anyone knew anyone that has experience with this virus. I have a friend in Va. that has a cousin in Tennessee that knows someone. THATS IT. I call bs on all this

Chinese researcher accused of trying to smuggle vials of ‘biological material’ out of US hidden in a sock
  • An affidavit from an FBI agent says Zheng Zaosong was detained at Boston Airport after vials containing a ‘brown liquid’ were found in his checked baggage
  • The doctoral student who had been doing research at Beth Israel Hospital faces charges of ‘making false, fictitious and fraudulent statements’ to US agents
Kind of suspicious, huh???

Why is it that wrestlers love Tacobell? Mason, Allan Hart and Hunter Lanier once walked 5 miles to get Tacobell after a Freestyle tournament in Georgia ? Never understood the draw

It hits the tastebuds just right, especially after you’ve been thinking about it, they have cool weird Mountain Dew flavors, it cost less than a square of 2 ply TP, and their marketing makes it sound much better than it is.

Last edited:
Sure do miss the good old days, when the State Tournament fell on the first weekend of March. You know, back before the OHSAA felt the need to cashgrab the state duals and extend the season an extra week...

With all due respect, the state duals have very little to do with the stretched season. The stretched season is because coaches wanted to get away from "Arnold Fest" because of the hotel costs, and OHSAA/Ohio State were not able to move state up a week before Arnold Fest.

so we have a lot of people on this board. On fb, I have 1100 friends from all over the country. We do the travel circuit for youth and I have friends from socal, north cal, Colorado, georgia, the east coast and everywhere in between. I made a post on fb asking if anyone knew anyone that has experience with this virus. I have a friend in Va. that has a cousin in Tennessee that knows someone. THATS IT. I call bs on all this

yep, every sports league in the world shut down over some BS. Guess they should’ve asked your friends first.

You're right, this is all a scam set up by the elites of the world to cost themselves millions of dollars by keeping people inside and not spending money on things. It's truly sickening that they would do this to themselves! WAKE UP SHEEPLE! MY FRIEND FROM UTAH SAYS HE'S NOT SICK!!!

Last edited:
Just another reason to make the season shorter. We could've enjoyed our state tournament last week! :sneaky:
OR as a lot of people on here are saying, you may have infected an entire generation of wrestler? Just looking at it in a different direction. I’m a firm believer in what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. This seems to be targeting the older generation. People with lung and heart issues. Basically the baby boomers here in the US. The strong young athletes look to have a less chance of dying from it. Does that mean they are immune after going through a mild case? The answer is probably not. Just like the flu it can morph and change. All just my opinion of coarse.

What they are going to do is sing their own praises when nothing happens as far as a respectable spread of the virus as if the state action saved the day for one and all.

This is Y2K all over again, the risk is present and very real but because people are being proactive about it and taking precautions we won't see nearly the amount of repercussions as we possibly could have. Because of that the general public will react to the whole COVID-19 scenario as if it was a hoax and overreaction when it most certainly wasn't

If they ever actually planned on letting the kids compete this week. The answer could be simply, and truly "yes" - and I wouldnt be too shocked honestly, but it is something that should be questioned at this point I think.
Dropped off mats on Wednesday and they had all of the signage up including the large mural that they do annually.

They need to shorten all the high school sports seasons . Football end of August to November.... 8 game schedule then playoffs. Wrestling season Dec 1st till February they get enough wrestling in through out the year. Sure the kids/ parents on the national level will complain. However for the overall Ohio High School wrestling programs , shorter season just makes sense.

This is Y2K all over again, the risk is present and very real but because people are being proactive about it and taking precautions we won't see nearly the amount of repercussions as we possibly could have. Because of that the general public will react to the whole COVID-19 scenario as if it was a hoax and overreaction when it most certainly wasn't

Good call ... There are two levels of "chaos." First level chaos will happen regardless of what you do, and you can only react ... the weather. This thing (and Y2K) are second level ... what people do, collectively, CAN change what happens. But after-the-fact, it's difficult to "prove" that the actions had a positive impact, so lots of people will say "See, nothing happened, it was all a hoax/bs/blown out of proportion." Maybe, maybe not, we can't be certain because we can't go back and undo the actions that maybe/probably helped avoid catastrophe.

Agreed Blast. We will never know if the decisions were the correct ones and that gives folks lots of ammo for, "next time." :cautious:

Feel for all the kids on this one. I imagine today is a rough day to walk the halls (for those in school today) when they had dreams of walking out of the tunnel not 24 hours ago. Wish them all the best on this one. Very difficult situation for everyone, especially the seniors who won't be back next year. Time will heal, but I imagine for some this will weigh heavy for some time
:(

soo... no one can still say that they know someone who knows someone that has this virus. WAKE UP PEOPLE

The reality is out ability to test is lacking, hence why you have not seen a huge jump in numbers. But that is going to change with in the next 1-2 weeks and you will see a huge spike. This is the same mentality of, if you close your eyes then anything bad happening is not real. Tests can take up to 4 days to get results, there are a lot of physicians that refuse to test as well as a large shortage of tests.

I understand the distrust in the media and our political "leaders", but billions of dollars are being lost and one thing we probably agree on is that money rules all. So if they are willing to lose billions of dollars, then you should probably take it a bit more serious.

Well from what I’m hearing the percentage of people to get the virus will not change it’s just they don’t want it all at once. So I wish we just would have had our state tournament. I still think it’s like a severe flu, but the alarming thing is it’s rate of spreading and how long it will last on a surface. This I believe is what created the panic. Either way this is going to run it’s course. Just wonder how many more strands they have in China. But if there is an interest to have the tournament 2-3 weeks down the road for those that still will attend, or alternates then I’m a go! Very sad for seniors, people work all year and from their youth dreaming of a high school state title. I’m sure plenty would continue to an April state tournament with a new bracket. I say do it for those that do and for those that move on let alternates in for those that wish and let’s do it!

Well from what I’m hearing the percentage of people to get the virus will not change it’s just they don’t want it all at once. So I wish we just would have had our state tournament. I still think it’s like a severe flu, but the alarming thing is it’s rate of spreading and how long it will last on a surface. This I believe is what created the panic. Either way this is going to run it’s course. Just wonder how many more strands they have in China. But if there is an interest to have the tournament 2-3 weeks down the road for those that still will attend, or alternates then I’m a go! Very sad for seniors, people work all year and from their youth dreaming of a high school state title. I’m sure plenty would continue to an April state tournament with a new bracket. I say do it for those that do and for those that move on let alternates in for those that wish and let’s do it!

Need to pass this along to the WHO, the lauded doctor Crimsonblooded thinks this is really nothing more than the flu and his numbers aren't showing any upticks in cases. I say let the kids wrestle, and if they die, they die.

soo... no one can still say that they know someone who knows someone that has this virus. WAKE UP PEOPLE

I know someone who has tested positive for the virus. There you go, you read it on a message board on the internet, convinced now?

State Duals are definitely not a cash grab. They have lost money every year.
Lol I didn't say that it is a successful one. Definitely seemed like a cashgrab when they decided that they wanted to take it from Coaches Association, and ignore their own 20pt season rule to do so. Coaches Association seemed to be successful with it. OHSAA took it over and now they are losing money.

With all due respect, the state duals have very little to do with the stretched season. The stretched season is because coaches wanted to get away from "Arnold Fest" because of the hotel costs, and OHSAA/Ohio State were not able to move state up a week before Arnold Fest.
Well put and correct. I should have said it in a way that doesn't imply that the State Duals and extension are connected.

Need to pass this along to the WHO, the lauded doctor Crimsonblooded thinks this is really nothing more than the flu and his numbers aren't showing any upticks in cases. I say let the kids wrestle, and if they die, they die.
Really jack wagon! This is deadly for older and health conditions and not So much younger or healthy people. The common flu as I understand it is more deadly for younger children than this. As I understand it the numbers or percentage wise will not change but will run it’s course. The reason for shutting every thing down is to delay the spread so it all doesn’t hit at once but it will still run it’s course. If you want a doctors opinion than I suggest you not look for it on here or from me!

seems like people just want to point to the finger. Also we don't know what this is or whats gonna happen. I do know we are not even close to being prepared for this throughout the entire country. We are literally sitting on our hands and just looking at each other I am shocked. We cant even get the proper tests out to people. I will bet a lot of money that this was the right thing to do. A lot of people are gonna be showing up with this thing in about 2 weeks when the symptoms kick in. buckle up.

seems like people just want to point to the finger. Also we don't know what this is or whats gonna happen. I do know we are not even close to being prepared for this throughout the entire country. We are literally sitting on our hands and just looking at each other I am shocked. We cant even get the proper tests out to people. I will bet a lot of money that this was the right thing to do. A lot of people are gonna be showing up with this thing in about 2 weeks when the symptoms kick in. buckle up.
Indeed. This is only the beginning...
Take care of each other.

GoldenDog,
This will hurt for a while for those seniors...Yea it will. Let me let you in on a lil secret...Those lost opportunities you missed in HS unfortunately hurt a lot longer than a little while...