OFFICIAL: No wrestling state tournament.

Maybe

Attachments

• 0533A44D-86BE-4F85-A200-DB3A06198939.png
    0533A44D-86BE-4F85-A200-DB3A06198939.png
    256.6 KB · Views: 114

Germany, the U.S. and France could still hopefully swing into the trajectory South Korea took. Currently, the country has the fourth most cases after China, Italy and Iran. Widespread free testing (including the now infamous drive-thru testing), quarantine measures and the harnessing of mobile technology for public information have so far amounted to an effective campaign to slow the spread of the virus. The country hit 100 cases on February 20 and managed to leave the steep upward trajectory around 14 days later. Yet, European countries and the U.S. have yet to introduce testing as rigorous as carried out in South Korea.

My comment: In Italy they are having to make decisions about who lives and who dies because the hospitals are overwhelmed. The idea here is t try to keep that from happening by keeping the spread down, yet we have people worried about sporting events. I understand it sucks, but there are simply more important things.

Instead of discussing specific scratches and the such after skin-checks and weigh-in, the whole tournament was a scratch with COVID-19 the champion.

did officials induce panic? i think so. Was it worth it? was there another way to handle it ? i don't know .

the value off measures taken have to be evaluated versus the tremendous individual and business Harm that Will Occur Now from these measures in terms of bankrupcies and job losses. .....not to mention personal loss of opportunity like the ncaa & state tourn.

https://www.facebook.com/tom.ryan.7315720/posts/10219976731541041?notif_id=1584138151159437¬if_t=notify_me
It’s a sad day Bob!?

Every medical professional in the world is warning how dangerous this virus is, especially if it spreads beyond control and hospitals become overwhelmed, but i think ill listen to Tom Ryan's advice ..... makes sense.

we will be given the stats on the virus dead, hospitalized and # of cases as they grow. . And as they grow we will be sad about everyone suffering and be hopefull these extreme closing measures help.

however lets look at another set of STATS we will get, much of it caused by induced panic & closings of businesses. Stats that will tell us about mass bankrupcies-- and there will be-- some big boys like the Airlines, Delta, Cruise Ships, maybe Boeing, Restaurant Chains, various Entertainment centers, Theaters--- but especially the LITTLE GUYS, small businesses. And job losses, that all-time low unemployment 3.5 % will be replaced by a much higher figure. Before its over the financial and human cost of closings will be very high.

so which were the best choices? Closing schools? Does anyone think these kids will just sit at home, but now most are unsupervised. Perhaps common-sense choices would have be better than the extreme ones taken ? .......IMO, the elderly & weak should choose to stay HOME and let the rest of the population make their OWN choices.

“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” former President Franklin D. Roosevelt
“Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.”
extraordinary woman, deaf and blind scholar Helen Keller

we will be given the stats on the virus dead, hospitalized and # of cases as they grow. . And as they grow we will be sad about everyone suffering and be hopefull these extreme closing measures help.

however lets look at another set of STATS we will get, much of it caused by induced panic & closings of businesses. Stats that will tell us about mass bankrupcies-- and there will be-- some big boys like the Airlines, Delta, Cruise Ships, maybe Boeing, Restaurant Chains, various Entertainment centers, Theaters--- but especially the LITTLE GUYS, small businesses. And job losses, that all-time low unemployment 3.5 % will be replaced by a much higher figure. Before its over the financial and human cost of closings will be very high.

so which were the best choices? Closing schools? Does anyone think these kids will just sit at home, but now most are unsupervised. Perhaps common-sense choices would have be better than the extreme ones taken ? .......IMO, the elderly & weak should choose to stay HOME and let the rest of the population make their OWN choices.

“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” former President Franklin D. Roosevelt
“Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.”
extraordinary woman, deaf and blind scholar Helen Keller

Sorry, I'm not following your logic. Are you saying that the Italy course of action would be better where they are having to decide who lives and who dies and their whole country is put on lockdown? I have to imagine that not taking these measures (and we might be too late anyway) would be bad for businesses in the end too.