NFHS Released Guidance for State Associations to Consider in Re-opening High School Athletics and Other Activities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not disagree with your mindset, however you have to keep in mind that your perspective possibly is shared by the minority of many coaches and administrators. There are a lot of actions that need to be covered. For example, if a player’s parent has Covid, does the team shut down? School shut down? District shut down. It’s not as easy as you think.
It's covered in every consent form you sign. Like it, love it, or leave it. Covid means nothing when everything is signed. Just like HIV or Hepatitis.

Read the bold faced type under informed consent very carefully to those that wish to argue about OHSAA getting sued. A little research goes a long way.
You seem to be really ahead of everyone. So in your perspective, why isn’t the NBA, NHL, MLB already playing yet with so much to lose. I think you should contact their commissioners, I really mean this. I would actually call Jerry Snodgrass he could use someone like yourself who has this figured out. I really do mean this.

You seem to be really ahead of everyone. So in your perspective, why isn’t the NBA, NHL, MLB already playing yet with so much to lose. I think you should contact their commissioners, I really mean this. I would actually call Jerry Snodgrass he could use someone like yourself who has this figured out. I really do mean this.
I posted the actual consent form for 2020-2021. Haha! Maybe read before you type. Jerry Snodgrass' consent form was posted.

Because they can't quit arguing about money, and they have a bigger issue on their hands than the OHSAA if they can't play in front of any fans.

Pick up the mic. The biggest threat to starting football is the threat of lawsuits. So, every parent whose kid participates must sign a waiver, saying that if the kid contracts the virus and is hospitalized or dies, neither the OHSAA nor the school is liable. Every person who watches from the stands, every cheerleader, every band member, absolutely everyone who comes to the stadium must sign the waiver. If the waiver is not signed, the the spectator is barred from the stadium or the kids is not allowed to participate. That's the only way the organization can hope to prevent the inevitable lawsuits. Is it doable? Probably not. Will the OHSAA be sued anyway? Probably. Hence, the extraordinary precaution in this sometimes frivolously litigious society. Back in the " good old days," no problem starting soon. But today? Who are we kidding?
No.

On the back of every single Major League baseball ticket there is waiver about batted balls, bats or other objections ending up in the stands and that the fans are assuming that risk. there are announcements when you walk in. A lot of places announce it before the first pitch. Yet teams and MLB are paying out millions in settlements. Your logic that a Waiver Form waives all liability is false. And it shows your lack of general knowledge when it comes the issues at hand.

On the back of every single Major League baseball ticket there is waiver about batted balls, bats or other objections ending up in the stands and that the fans are assuming that risk. there are announcements when you walk in. A lot of places announce it before the first pitch. Yet teams and MLB are paying out millions in settlements. Your logic that a Waiver Form waives all liability is false. And it shows your lack of general knowledge when it comes the issues at hand.
Seems like an odd statement. I guess you need to dig into the specifics of a case where a team is being sued and someone SIGNED to assume risk. Its kind of like saying that I sign a check or a mortgage or a divorce decree or liability car insurance or any legally binding document and somehow, my signature means nothing because I say so. Speaking in generalities about lawsuits really gets us no where. Signed documentation is admittance of acknowledgement that will hold up in any court. Swiftly. I don't know the laws about a back of a ticket but I do know that a signature is legally binding.

Seems like an odd statement. I guess you need to dig into the specifics of a case where a team is being sued and someone SIGNED to assume risk. Its kind of like saying that I sign a check or a mortgage or a divorce decree or liability car insurance or any legally binding document and somehow, my signature means nothing because I say so. Speaking in generalities about lawsuits really gets us no where. Signed documentation is admittance of acknowledgement that will hold up in any court. Swiftly. I don't know the laws about a back of a ticket but I do know that a signature is legally binding.

Plenty of cases to research on the SIGN OR DON'T PLAY scenario you're explaining. It's my religious belief that I'm not to cover my face in cloth while in public. Same with the rest of my family. My kids go to a public school and are healthy. Their only option to play football would be for the local HS. They are not being allowed because the OHSAA, Local Health Board and School Board have stated a controversial mask must be worn...all three are named in the lawsuit.

Your move...

Any lawsuit against a school or the OHSAA, minus some truly knowing and reckless behavior, has a miniscule to no chance chance of success. The potential for the liability of schools and the OHSAA is really not a serious issue.
I'm in agreement 100%

Plenty of cases to research on the SIGN OR DON'T PLAY scenario you're explaining. It's my religious belief that I'm not to cover my face in cloth while in public. Same with the rest of my family. My kids go to a public school and are healthy. Their only option to play football would be for the local HS. They are not being allowed because the OHSAA, Local Health Board and School Board have stated a controversial mask must be worn...all three are named in the lawsuit.

Your move...
A. No masks are required in any sport in Ohio.
B. You signed a consent form. Kid and parent
C. Sports are a privilege and not a requirement

Throw your lawsuit out. Any of the three strikes down your flawed argument.

Next....

A. No masks are required in any sport in Ohio.
B. You signed a consent form. Kid and parent
C. Sports are a privilege and not a requirement

Throw your lawsuit out. Any of the three strikes down your flawed argument.

Next....

Nope I didn't sign the consent form I refused for religious beliefs about masks. There will be mask regulations for players who aren't in action. Sports have to be made available to every single student who qualifies in public schools. Religion can not be used against someone to keep them from participating.

You won't win this but I'll continue if you'd like. I'm fairly certain I have a decent grasp of 1st Amendment Violations and other areas of law. I'm looking forward to this with the pools closed on the long weekend.

Next...

Your move...
First, no such religious belief exists. Your say so does not make it so.

Second, your kids are being treated like everybody else. No religious discrimination.

First, no such religious belief exists. Your say so does not make it so.

Second, your kids are being treated like everybody else. No religious discrimination.

And then it would be up to the courts to decide if my religion exists. During that time period the courts have granted a temporary order allowing my kids to play. OHSAA's, County Health Board and Local School Boards legal bills are adding up now.

Next move...

Nope I didn't sign the consent form I refused for religious beliefs about masks. There will be mask regulations for players who aren't in action. Sports have to be made available to every single student who qualifies in public schools. Religion can not be used against someone to keep them from participating.

You won't win this but I'll continue if you'd like. I'm fairly certain I have a decent grasp of 1st Amendment Violations and other areas of law. I'm looking forward to this with the pools closed on the long weekend.

Next...
There are zero mask regulations in Ohio. So, you already lost. Religion doesn’t come into play. Masks are a suggestion. Just like any religious headpiece etc. Therefore, you lost.
This is actually hilarious. You are arguing something that isn’t even real.
Next....

People. We can’t fix dumb. But we can learn the facts. Don’t be sheep. Let’s raise above this. Some people would rather be a problem then part of the solution!

Pick up the mic. The biggest threat to starting football is the threat of lawsuits. So, every parent whose kid participates must sign a waiver, saying that if the kid contracts the virus and is hospitalized or dies, neither the OHSAA nor the school is liable. Every person who watches from the stands, every cheerleader, every band member, absolutely everyone who comes to the stadium must sign the waiver. If the waiver is not signed, the the spectator is barred from the stadium or the kids is not allowed to participate. That's the only way the organization can hope to prevent the inevitable lawsuits. Is it doable? Probably not. Will the OHSAA be sued anyway? Probably. Hence, the extraordinary precaution in this sometimes frivolously litigious society. Back in the " good old days," no problem starting soon. But today? Who are we kidding?
These types of waivers are worth less than the paper they are written in. One cannot sign away one’s rights. There is no purpose to doing them and most schools won’t.

We

Dude. You must have no concept of administration. Yes there will waivers, liabilities are a huge issue. Public schools funded by tax-payers money, it’s extremely complicated. Think about all the time and sign off on concussions, now consider a brand new unknown virus. You might not be afraid, other posters might not be afraid, but a lot of people are afraid. Why do you think these professional leagues are dragging their feet and not playing yet? They are losing millions. Come on now.
Lol. I already said add a waiver to what parents have to sign already.

Spectators signing waivers is ridiculous though.

Next...
You’re wrong. Read the guidance. There are no mandated masks for anyone. Only strong recommendations. Your suit has zero grounds and a waste of your legal fees.

Do not disagree with your mindset, however you have to keep in mind that your perspective possibly is shared by the minority of many coaches and administrators. There are a lot of actions that need to be covered. For example, if a player’s parent has Covid, does the team shut down? School shut down? District shut down. It’s not as easy as you think.
No. Team doesn't shut down. School doesn't shut down. District doesn't shut down.

Hope that helps.

Next...
If there was a requirement for masks for kids not playing and if you really claimed some religious reason for your kid to not wear the mask a reasonable accommodation for your kid is he is assigned a certain area to stand on the sidelines. And nobody can stand with him. Kind of like how schools handle Jehovah witnesses during certain celebrations or people that don't want their kids to say the pledge of allegiance. There are simple ways to handle these situations.

If there was a requirement for masks for kids not playing and if you really claimed some religious reason for your kid to not wear the mask a reasonable accommodation for your kid is he is assigned a certain area to stand on the sidelines. And nobody can stand with him. Kind of like how schools handle Jehovah witnesses during certain celebrations or people that don't want their kids to say the pledge of allegiance. There are simple ways to handle these situations.

You guys keep mentioning where masks aren't required. Last I checked there haven't been any "Rules" for football games written up. I can only imagine they'll follow Baseball/Softball requirements. This will mandate players and coaches out of play to wear masks. Officials a will also wear them during play. Private fields can mandate fans wear mask or refuse service. Public fields can not refuse service for such thing.

Again we're back in court. Bills are adding up. I'm still arguing religious beliefs. My lawyers are working Pro Bono for the cause. Of course the temporary order is upheld because there's no amount of dollars that can equal the lost experiences and memories for the kids if the court were to rule in their favor. It's now up to OHSAA, Local Health Board and School Board to appeal that decision. National media's caught attention.

Next move...

And then it would be up to the courts to decide if my religion exists. During that time period the courts have granted a temporary order allowing my kids to play. OHSAA's, County Health Board and Local School Boards legal bills are adding up now.

Next move...
County Health Board and Local School Board are being represented by lawyers paid for by the taxpayers. Your friends and neighbors think you're a selfish jerk for wasting their tax dollars and that your kids are spoiled brats.

Your legal bills to a law firm that knows you cannot win but are more than glad to take your money anyway are adding up now.

These types of waivers are worth less than the paper they are written in. One cannot sign away one’s rights. There is no purpose to doing them and most schools won’t.
First, there is no right to not get sick.

Second, every school has athletes and parents sign a waiver now.

You guys keep mentioning where masks aren't required. Last I checked there haven't been any "Rules" for football games written up. I can only imagine they'll follow Baseball/Softball requirements. This will mandate players and coaches out of play to wear masks. Officials a will also wear them during play. Private fields can mandate fans wear mask or refuse service. Public fields can not refuse service for such thing.

Again we're back in court. Bills are adding up. I'm still arguing religious beliefs. My lawyers are working Pro Bono for the cause. Of course the temporary order is upheld because there's no amount of dollars that can equal the lost experiences and memories for the kids if the court were to rule in their favor. It's now up to OHSAA, Local Health Board and School Board to appeal that decision. National media's caught attention.

Next move...
Fine. Religious beliefs. Your son will stand or sit in a 6' box on the sideline (actually on the track). He is still on the team and he is still available to go in the game if the coaches need him. Reasonable accommodation. Your pro Bono lawyers are back chasing ambulances before the national anthem is over.

We can talk about lawsuits all day, however, I have yet to see a school in Ohio with a plan to get going in three days yet. Anybody see or know any districts that are? Shows the lack of preparation.

Next move...
Haha! They aren’t required for baseball or softball anymore either! Read the restart Ohio rules! You are embarrassing yourself. Just stop.

Next....

We can talk about lawsuits all day, however, I have yet to see a school in Ohio with a plan to get going in three days yet. Anybody see or know any districts that are? Shows the lack of preparation.
We will be opened June 1. Emergency Board meetings are happening. And lawsuits? That yappi poster is just misinformed.

I am sure they are working on them. Of course they are also working on some version of graduation, getting locker items back to the kids, end of year work, etc. It was kind of an abrupt opening up in that area by dewine for sure but that means he was getting pressure from schools so I am sure there are many schools that have things in motion. Last night a local coach was on the news about how he has several plans in place already.

Status
Not open for further replies.