Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Struthers

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Lakeview

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Hubbard

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters
What's amazing to me is that these teams never played prior to 79. I know they were in different leagues then, but it's a head scratcher to me that these border communities never played at least once before 79.
How about other sports?

What's amazing to me is that these teams never played prior to 79. I know they were in different leagues then, but it's a head scratcher to me that these border communities never played at least once before 79.
How about other sports?
Poland was a farm town forever. Like Canfield. Struthers hasn’t played either school much. The cats most played opponents are Campbell, Hubbard, Girard Niles and A few City schools

How about other sports?
Most of the rural communities did not play "city" schools much. Canfield's most played opponents in football are Poland, Salem, West Branch, Columbiana, Leetonia, Springfield, the two schools that later consolidated to form South Range, and the two schools that later consolidated to form Jackson-Milton.
Struthers first played Canfield in 1977 fwiw.

Last edited:
I said drew not Joe lol
Oh, I didn't get that you were making fun of Drew. My bad. Joe's info is more accurate and shows that if Lake Catholic wins this weekend, they secure 2nd place in the region. They should win, but they have a rivalry game with NDCL, and those games are always tough.

Oh, I didn't get that you were making fun of Drew. My bad. Joe's info is more accurate and shows that if Lake Catholic wins this weekend, they secure 2nd place in the region. They should win, but they have a rivalry game with NDCL, and those games are always tough.
It’s not secured, if Struthers beats Poland and brookville pa beats the school they play it’ll be very very close for the 2 seed. The points Struthers gets from brookville are not in Drew’s formula

It’s not secured, if Struthers beats Poland and brookville pa beats the school they play it’ll be very very close for the 2 seed. The points Struthers gets from brookville are not in Drew’s formula
Joe has the points from Brookville already factored in...his numbers also include the game LC played against Erie, PA. With an LC win, all the teams they beat would have to lose for Struthers to jump them.

Joe has the points from Brookville already factored in...his numbers also include the game LC played against Erie, PA. With an LC win, all the teams they beat would have to lose for Struthers to jump them.
For last week yes but not for this upcoming week they don’t.

Joes is up to date as of now

Drew’s is projecting what’s likely based on favorites. So both pa teams that each school plays are not factored into the equation until after the games are played this week. As of now you’re right LC is projecting to finish .19 ahead but those games could flip it

May not matter regardless, Struthers has a Toss up game this week that can go either way

Last edited:
Great Article! Didn't the OHSFCA suggest that the tournament still be 16 teams but give the top 4 teams a bye? I believe that the OHSAA didn't even consider it. I think that would put more importance in the regular season.

This is probably the best option.
I would just add that teams with byes should be allowed to pick up a game during that bye week if they so choose. This helps solve the problem for the coaches that believe they are playing well and want to keep it rolling right into playoffs. Similar to what we see with during basketball season once brackets are drawn. Teams still play 5-6 games to ready them for the Bball tournament.

I would just add that teams with byes should be allowed to pick up a game during that bye week if they so choose. This helps solve the problem for the coaches that believe they are playing well and want to keep it rolling right into playoffs. Similar to what we see with during basketball season once brackets are drawn. Teams still play 5-6 games to ready them for the Bball tournament.
The only problem is injuries, even in basketball and in rare cases softball and baseball players get injured in these pickup games- I personally believe that if someone is going to get hurt it's gonna happen and playing an extra game may increase those odds but you shouldn't not play because you are scared to risk it, even practice is a risk in that case so it's safer to not play at all I guess- anyways I'm just speaking from a coaches standpoint and I don't see many teams picking up a game

Looks like Sims is done for the year
That would be rather unfortunate right before the playoffs, hopefully it’s not serious. Girard has had a few players go down, some injuries looking less serious. A key Niles skill position player went down just before the half, not sure of his status.

That would be rather unfortunate right before the playoffs, hopefully it’s not serious. Girard has had a few players go down, some injuries looking less serious. A key Niles skill position player went down just before the half, not sure of his status.
Sims had to be carried off the field with zero weight on his leg