Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Struthers

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Lakeview

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Hubbard

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters
After watching girard play my eagles I can see why the Indians have 4 losses. QB is better than any I seen this year. More talent then they know what to do. Id be PO if I was a girard fan. Idk wtf is wrong with that team but they should be running teams off the field

After watching girard play my eagles I can see why the Indians have 4 losses. QB is better than any I seen this year. More talent then they know what to do. Id be PO if I was a girard fan. Idk wtf is wrong with that team but they should be running teams off the field
Ah, the missing link would appear to be a lack of any type of consistent defense. Can't score in the 40s yet lose by 10.

I don't know about running teams off the field, but agree with just about everything else you said. I know the defense is a big liability, but just score more damn points then. They make no defensive adjustments in game, because they have the same kids playing on the both sides of the ball

I don't know about running teams off the field, but agree with just about everything else you said. I know the defense is a big liability, but just score more damn points then. They make no defensive adjustments in game, because they have the same kids playing on the both sides of the ball
Every school in the league has kids play on both sides. Girard is just not good on defense. Not physical enough up front when the game progresses and relies on the big play (on both sides) to win games.
I think they are extremely talented.

Every school in the league has kids play on both sides. Girard is just not good on defense. Not physical enough up front when the game progresses and relies on the big play (on both sides) to win games.
I think they are extremely talented.
I don't follow every teams personal in the league, but agree that a lot of the teams have a lot of kids going both ways. But I do follow Girard to know that is just about every position is filled by kids playing both sides of the ball. Not making excuses. It is what it is. With the defense not being very good, then you got to out score the other team. If you have the talent to do that, then you should be able to do it. That is all

One thing that is not often talked about, but plays a big role towards a team's success, is scouting and breaking down film. If a team is not coached in the week preceeding the game to recognize formations, key personnel, and tendencies, sideline and at half-time adjustments aren't going to get it done.

One thing that is not often talked about, but plays a big role towards a team's success, is scouting and breaking down film. If a team is not coached in the week preceeding the game to recognize formations, key personnel, and tendencies, sideline and at half-time adjustments aren't going to get it done.
Agree with you. It is very important. But when the other team makes an adjustment in game, and you don't readjust that, then that can turn ugly

Week 10 games:

Hubbard @ South Range. All the Cats and Dogs need is an Eagles victory to make their big season finale a battle for the share of the league. They're playing the game so I guess there's a chance. But this game almost certainly only goes one way.

Girard @ Niles. This is a pretty interesting one to me for NE8 pecking order purposes. Based on the games I saw against SR, Girard seems better on both sides. And Niles offense has sort of run into the mud the last two weeks, so I'm not sure how much they can score. I think Girard wins by a 2-3 scores and ends up just a shade off of Struthers/Poland while Niles ends up squarely in 5th place purgatory -- not really close to the top 4 or bottom 2.

Lakeview @ Beaver Local. I can't believe I'm saying this, but this actually a playoff tune up for....Lakeview. If they continue the NE8 run against BL, they may actually HOST a playoff game. If they lose, and they may end up with SR. Seems like a coin flip game to me.

Struthers @ Poland. As noted above, probably not for the league share. But, based on Drew Pasteur, it's probably for a home game in a rematch in Round 2 of the playoffs. It seems like the winner ends up 3 and the loser ends up 6. Unfortunately, that puts them both on the Lake Catholic side instead of easily beatable Canton South side of the bracket. Anyway, I like Struthers. Probably by a couple scores.

Also re 3/6 -- 3 puts you squarely in the East Liverpool lottery which is an easy running clock win. While 6 puts you in the Buchtel lottery which will not be a running clock.
If all teams win as they’re supposed to woodridge would narrowly get the 11and Buchtel would get the 12.

This is the projected spots going into week 10

Attachments

• IMG_6995.jpeg
    IMG_6995.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 89
This is the projected spots going into week 10
Girard could play Niles 2 weeks in a row if they beat them Friday. Actually I would rather see something different. I really don't like teams playing in Week 10, and then turn around and play the first round of the playoffs. It does happen more than we think about. I don't like playing same teams in the playoffs, I like different matchups