Moe must go!!!

PURPLE REIGN

Elder hosts Moeller, 7pm at The Pit on Friday night in front of what should be a big crowd.

Last year, the Crusaders handed Elder their worst loss of the year. Elder could not slow down Jordan Marshall who returns for his senior year.

Can Elder get revenge on Moe or does Marshall do it again?

Last edited:

Elder hosts Moeller, 7pm at The Pit on Friday night in front of what should be a big crowd.

Last year, the Crusaders handed Elder their worst loss of the year. Elder could not even slow down Jordan Marshall who returns for his senior year.

Can Elder get revenge on Moe or does Marshall do it again?
Last year was an anomaly. I don't see that happening two years in a row. I will go with Big Moe, but then again I am a homer. GBM 💪 🏈

Elder had trouble with the X rushing attack last night, it's going to be worse trying to stop Marshall. They also can throw it if need be. Should be a good game but I think Moe gets a W

New season. New teams. A few familiar key faces(Marshall).

Elder needs to get the 42-7 halftime score out of their heads. That was last year. Payback in your head has a way of tripping you up. They need to focus on what they do and do it well. They do that, they win.

Elder 31
Moeller 21

There’s absolutely no way either D holds the offenses under 21. Dugan being out for Elder is going to hurt a lot.

New season. New teams. A few familiar key faces(Marshall).

Elder needs to get the 42-7 halftime score out of their heads. That was last year. Payback in your head has a way of tripping you up. They need to focus on what they do and do it well. They do that, they win.

Elder 31
Moeller 21
I think most rational people understand Moeller was a better team last yr, but not that much better. I’ve never seen 3 consecutive fumbles in any game before and I doubt I will again

The Moe D is a lot better since the EC game, but there should be an opportunity for Elder to run the ball and *hopefully* limit the number of possessions Marshall gets. It’s tricky, bc he’s going to to score at least one long TD in this game.

There’s absolutely no way either D holds the offenses under 21. Dugan being out for Elder is going to hurt a lot.
If Dugan is not playing, big advantage for Moe on offense, especially with Marshall running. Dugan is that good on the field, better kid off the field. Hope he plays, or at least gets back this year.

Other than his 12 tackles from the Ed's game he is averaging 3.5 tackles per game in the other 5 contests. I agree that he is important but I also believe a back up could average that as well. If East Central could find a way to stop Jordan Marshall I am sure the Panthers can also with Dugan or not. Panthers to go 2-0 in the GCLS and claim at least a share of the title heading to Lasalle in week 10. Lets go Panthers and let's get healthy.

Other than his 12 tackles from the Ed's game he is averaging 3.5 tackles per game in the other 5 contests. I agree that he is important but I also believe a back up could average that as well. If East Central could find a way to stop Jordan Marshall I am sure the Panthers can also with Dugan or not. Panthers to go 2-0 in the GCLS and claim at least a share of the title heading to Lasalle in week 10. Lets go Panthers and let's get healthy.
He’s still does a lot of things for the D that don’t show up in the stat line. It’s stupid to write off his absence as negligible.

He’s still does a lot of things for the D that don’t show up in the stat line. It’s stupid to write off his absence as negligible.
One minute you are bitching about the defense giving up tons of points and massive rushing numbers but then you say he does a ton of other things important to the defense. Jordan Marshall is gonna run all over this team yadah yadah yadah. You can't have it both ways. Players make plays and produce and numbers don't lie. The defense is giving up points and his production outside of 1 game is way down. The defense can give up yards and points and you can still get 3.5 tackles from the same position. You cannot talk out both sides of your mouth. In a 3-4 the defense is set up for LB's to make tackles. No slight on the young man but a senior, captain, returning starter needs to produce more in my opinion. I am entitled to my opinion just like you and Trey are entitled to you crazy takes. Once again if East Central can slow down Moe so can the Elder coaches and players. The Moe defense cannot stop this offense. GCL-S Championship on the line. Let's go Panthers!

One minute you are bitching about the defense giving up tons of points and massive rushing numbers but then you say he does a ton of other things important to the defense. Jordan Marshall is gonna run all over this team yadah yadah yadah. You can't have it both ways. Players make plays and produce and numbers don't lie. The defense is giving up points and his production outside of 1 game is way down. The defense can give up yards and points and you can still get 3.5 tackles from the same position. You cannot talk out both sides of your mouth. In a 3-4 the defense is set up for LB's to make tackles. No slight on the young man but a senior, captain, returning starter needs to produce more in my opinion. I am entitled to my opinion just like you and Trey are entitled to you crazy takes. Once again if East Central can slow down Moe so can the Elder coaches and players. The Moe defense cannot stop this offense. GCL-S Championship on the line. Let's go Panthers!
The D struggled with him, losing him doesn’t help. And if you didn’t notice, he’s usually the guy making sure everyone is in correct alignment. He’s the QB of the Defense.

Ironically, I remember the Elder vs Moe game at Nippert 5 yrs ago. Elder was leading by 10 in the 2nd half when the Starting Center got hurt. He wasn’t their best OL, especially with James and Kandra on the same OL, but he made all of the calls in picking up blitzes. What happens in his absence? Moe blitzes and Elder couldn’t pick
It up.

You can't just discard the Ed's game like it never happened.

St X's Vollmer’s ran for 281 yards against Elder on Friday.

Elder needs all the help they can get and losing any defensive starter is less than ideal.

The D struggled with him, losing him doesn’t help. And if you didn’t notice, he’s usually the guy making sure everyone is in correct alignment. He’s the QB of the Defense.

Ironically, I remember the Elder vs Moe game at Nippert 5 yrs ago. Elder was leading by 10 in the 2nd half when the Starting Center got hurt. He wasn’t their best OL, especially with James and Kandra on the same OL, but he made all of the calls in picking up blitzes. What happens in his absence? Moe blitzes and Elder couldn’t pick
It up.
Fortkamp and Arnold can fill that same role there smart guy. I want Josh to play also I just want to see more production from a 3 year starter. Lining up will not be the issue. As it has been every week this season TACKELING will be the issue. Don't be fly paper, get off blocks and make tackles. Slow down Marshall and the offense will grind out another win and the Panthers will head to Lasalle with at least a share of a GCL-S title with a great opportunity for an OUTRIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP with a W. Let's go Panthers!

Fortkamp and Arnold can fill that same role there smart guy. I want Josh to play also I just want to see more production from a 3 year starter. Lining up will not be the issue. As it has been every week this season TACKELING will be the issue. Don't be fly paper, get off blocks and make tackles. Slow down Marshall and the offense will grind out another win and the Panthers will head to Lasalle with at least a share of a GCL-S title with a great opportunity for an OUTRIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP with a W. Let's go Panthers!
Lining up hasn’t been the issue, yet. Again, those are things you don’t notice until they become an issue.

I agree about Elder needing to run the ball and control the clock. I just wish they could take some off that load off Brass. All of those hits add up.

And Dugan is a starter for a reason. Having to plug Uran in at LB, makes the Secondary more vulnerable. The Corners did well when they had to vs X, but they weren’t tested much at all.

I find it really odd that you are calling out a high school kid, by name, for criticism on a chat site.

And Dugan is a starter for a reason. Having to plug Uran in at LB, makes the Secondary more vulnerable. The Corners did well when they had to vs X, but they weren’t tested much at all.

Elder has a lot of kids that can play in the secondary. There is not a huge drop off to 2nd team. You saw several kids step in and play well due to injuries through this season. I don't think they have as much depth at LB. If Dugan really doesn't play that is a big loss.

Ummm its from the GCL S Website and people were discussing production and his name was being discussed for an injury and his replacement. Quit getting so upset its nothing personal. The point being made was people claiming doomsday Jordan Marshall is going to kill Elder because LB XYZ is hurt. By checking the GCL S website I merely stated the facts. If you have a problem with that sorry. I find it odd that you feel you need to defend something that is from a public website and find it as criticism. Of all people Omar makes a good point about size and having corners moving into LB spots and that is actually good discussion on his part. That is what this website is for.,,,,,discussion. I am merely stating if a replacement goes in for this injured player and can hold their own size wise it is not all doom and gloom for the defense. Go Panthers.
I find it really odd that you are calling out a high school kid, by name, for criticism on a chat site.

"get off blocks and make tackles" has been the issue with a few of our second level guys all season and will be on Friday unless they change the way they play. Too much "watching" the play when our guys get tied up in traffic. Cant happen from here on out!

Hope the best for #9 and #11.

"get off blocks and make tackles" has been the issue with a few of our second level guys all season and will be on Friday unless they change the way they play. Too much "watching" the play when our guys get tied up in traffic. Cant happen from here on out!

Hope the best for #9 and #11.
Was Fortkamp hurt too? They’re in really big trouble without both of them.

Has Cowans played much at all this year? I know he was out for a while in the pre season and beginning of the season. Wasn’t sure if he was back and getting any PT.

GCL is on the line and only 24 replies on the game thread. I hope this is not a sign of another light Elder crowd Friday night.

What’s the Punting situation? Is Estep still out? It was not good last week. And I don’t blame the player, he’s the 4th punter they’ve used this season.