Versailles (H) vs Twin Valley South
Anna (A) vs Williamsburg
Marion Local (H) vs Cedarville
Minster (H) vs New Bremen
St. Henry (A) vs Fort Loramie

CW 35-28
V 35-7
A 42-28
ML 56-0 (Honestly whatever ML wants it to be)
M 35-24
FL 21-20

Call your shot.

Coldwater (A) vs Archbold
Anna (A) vs Williamsburg

CW 35-28
V 35-7
A 42-28
M 35-24
FL 21-20
CW- 28-21
Ver - 42-0
ML - By a thousand
Min - 35-14
SH - 21-7

Call your shot.

Anna (A) vs Williamsburg

CW 35-28
V 35-7
A 42-28
M 35-24
FL 21-20
CW 35-28
V 35-7
A 42-28
M 35-24
SH 35-20

Call your shot.

Anna (A) vs Williamsburg
Coldwater 42 Archbold 20
Versailles 48 Twin Valley South 6
Williamsburg 49 Anna 13
Marion Local 56 Cedarville 0
Minster 20 New Bremen 6
Fort Loramie 28 St. Henry 13

Call your shot.

Anna (A) vs Williamsburg

CW 35-28
V 35-7
A 42-28
M 35-24
FL 21-20
Coldwater: 35-24
Versailles: 35-7
Anna: 35- 28
Marion Local: 56-0
Minster: 42-21
St Henry: 16- 14

Call your shot.

Anna (A) vs Williamsburg

CW 35-28
V 35-7
A 42-28
M 35-24
FL 21-20
I’ve seen both play and SH impressed me much more than FL. Matchups could change that though. St Henry could wind up in the Regional Final game… would possibly be enough to keep Luthman around another year

I’ve seen both play and SH impressed me much more than FL. Matchups could change that though. St Henry could wind up in the Regional Final game… would possibly be enough to keep Luthman around another year
Could happen I suppose. Not really sure if there is anything left to save at this point.

Coldwater 35 Archbold 14
Versailles 56 Twin Valley South 0
Williamsburg 14 Anna 28
Marion Local 64 Cedarville 7
Minster 29 New Bremen 14
Fort Loramie 28 St. Henry 38

Coldwater 34 Archbold 13
Versailles 46 Twin Valley South 6
Anna 22 Williamsburg 19
Marion Local 54 Cedarville 0
Minster 27 New Bremen 14
St. Henry 20 Fort Loramie 8

The MAC surprises high school gridiron fans across the entire state by going undefeated (other than NB) in week 12.

I'm trying for the life of me to figure out how pretty much none of Goodwins assistants that have left have not had any sort of success. I guess you could say the same about Belichicks in the NFL but still puzzles me.

I'm trying for the life of me to figure out how pretty much none of Goodwins assistants that have left have not had any sort of success. I guess you could say the same about Belichicks in the NFL but still puzzles me.
Who all has left?

Gecewich is having a solid year.

Luthman had some really good years, especially in 2021. Just unfortunate he ran into ML

Wells has been ok

Off topic, but MAC related:

Four MAC boys cross country teams have qualified for the D-III state race tomorrow: NB, V, ML, Minster (I think those are correct). I'm not sure about which girls teams and individuals have qualified - I'm pretty certain Minster girls have made it.

Online ticket prices: $16 adult ... $13 student

For a sport that's lightly attended, those prices don't help draw a crowd.

Last edited:
I don't know of many that have left. It's not like the NFL or college where they're leaving to get a payday with the promotion. Going from assistant coach to head coach in high school gives you a minimal increase in pay with a massive increase in responsibility and headache. I'd imagine being a long-term assistant at Marion Local is a much better gig than being a head coach at 80% or more schools across the state.

Off topic, but MAC related:

Four MAC boys cross country teams have qualified for the D-III state race tomorrow: NB, V, ML, Minster (I think those are correct). I'm not sure about which girls teams and individuals have qualified - I'm pretty sure Minster girls have made it.

Online ticket prices: $16 adult ... $13 student

For a sport that's lightly attended, the prices don't help draw a crowd.
Minster Girls will win State .
On a cross country note.... Versailles Jr. High boys scored a perfect score of 15 in MAC meet and went onto win Jr. High state the following week.

Spencerville's head coach (Koenig) and assistant coach (Goodwin) were never coaches at Marion but are the sons of Marion coaches.
Gecewich is now at Perry and they beat Kirtland early in the year and are undefeated (I think were ranked #1 in the AP polls as well).
Luthman was a 2 year assistant right out of college and then went to St. Henry. He did have some excellent teams there but ran into Marion in the playoffs those years.
Wells was a grad assistant at Marion for a year or two and has done pretty well at Ft. Loramie.
Those are the only ones I can think of.

Spencerville's head coach (Koenig) and assistant coach (Goodwin) were never coaches at Marion but are the sons of Marion coaches.
Gecewich is now at Perry and they beat Kirtland early in the year and are undefeated (I think were ranked #1 in the AP polls as well).
Luthman was a 2 year assistant right out of college and then went to St. Henry. He did have some excellent teams there but ran into Marion in the playoffs those years.
Wells was a grad assistant at Marion for a year or two and has done pretty well at Ft. Loramie.
Those are the only ones I can think of.
I guess success is a relative term isn't it. I don't think the St Hank faithful would call Luthmans term successful. Wells I would consider a success. And Gecewich I would consider a mixed bag. I think his teams struggled at Dublin Jerome but he's had some success at Perry.

I guess success is a relative term isn't it. I don't think the St Hank faithful would call Luthmans term successful. Wells I would consider a success. And Gecewich I would consider a mixed bag. I think his teams struggled at Dublin Jerome but he's had some success at Perry.
When did Gecewich coach ML and how long?

I definitely think most would not consider it a success. I give coaches longer rope than most in SH, but at some point everyone runs out of it. I like to focus on the positives, he beat Coldwater for the first time in forever and beat them a couple of times, that is a success in my book. The issue is just that he never outcoached the talent he had. Most years we didn't have the talent to be competitive, but the year in which we did it just seemed like coaching never did us any favors. After enough years you realize what the ceiling is and that is it. It is easy to say that in 2021 if Marion stayed in D6 we win State, but it doesn't change the outcome that it didn't happen. At the end of the day after 8-9 years the AD, principle, & superintendent need to decide if the Status Quo is okay or not. If it is okay, then we resign ourselves to just being a low to mid table MAC team and then every few years being decent enough to make some noise. If the Status Quo is not good enough then you need to make the decision to make a change. Yes the unknown has a lot of variables, it could definitely get worse, but you have to hope you find the right guy. From everything I've heard it sounds like it will be over after this season, and that it will be his decision to step away. I have heard names being thrown around town as well, but obviously nothing really until that first decision is made. For me, I think that a changes is needed. Yes we will probably never be the St. Henry of the 90's again, but I think we can strive to be Minster or New Bremen of recent. If you can get there then maybe take another step. If it does happen this next hiring will be so impactful on the future of not only SH football, but honestly all boys sports in SH in my opinion.

And Gecewich I would consider a mixed bag. I think his teams struggled at Dublin Jerome but he's had some success at Perry.
Three OCC titles in six years at Jerome, as the second coach in program history. His tenure is looked at positively in Central Ohio.