Midwest Athletic Conference 2023

Who Wins The MAC in 2023?

• Total voters
I stand corrected. Why'd he leave?
He’s from the Cleveland area (northeast side of the metro) originally. I think he has a wife that is a Perry alum? It’s a solid District up there. He might have a job that pays more there, too.

When it first happened it did like a head-scratcher move, because on its face it looked like it was “a step down.” Got a great thing going, there, though!

I definitely think most would not consider it a success. I give coaches longer rope than most in SH, but at some point everyone runs out of it. I like to focus on the positives, he beat Coldwater for the first time in forever and beat them a couple of times, that is a success in my book. The issue is just that he never outcoached the talent he had. Most years we didn't have the talent to be competitive, but the year in which we did it just seemed like coaching never did us any favors. After enough years you realize what the ceiling is and that is it. It is easy to say that in 2021 if Marion stayed in D6 we win State, but it doesn't change the outcome that it didn't happen. At the end of the day after 8-9 years the AD, principle, & superintendent need to decide if the Status Quo is okay or not. If it is okay, then we resign ourselves to just being a low to mid table MAC team and then every few years being decent enough to make some noise. If the Status Quo is not good enough then you need to make the decision to make a change. Yes the unknown has a lot of variables, it could definitely get worse, but you have to hope you find the right guy. From everything I've heard it sounds like it will be over after this season, and that it will be his decision to step away. I have heard names being thrown around town as well, but obviously nothing really until that first decision is made. For me, I think that a changes is needed. Yes we will probably never be the St. Henry of the 90's again, but I think we can strive to be Minster or New Bremen of recent. If you can get there then maybe take another step. If it does happen this next hiring will be so impactful on the future of not only SH football, but honestly all boys sports in SH in my opinion.
St. Henry reminds me of Marion Local from 1986 till Goodwin. Marion Local under Goodwin really good talent play for a state title, off talent year 2 losses. Before Goodwin (86 on) really good talent maybe 7 - 3 reg. season, off talent year maybe 2 or 3 wins. St. Henry is a "sleeping giant" no reason not to be on the level close to a Versailles and just as good or not better than New Bremen. Could you hire someone worse yes but that is a half empty glass way of looking at it. ML fired a relatively successful coach, (not talking Cramer) to get to that next level. Like you said can stick with the status quo or try to do better.

I definitely think most would not consider it a success. I give coaches longer rope than most in SH, but at some point everyone runs out of it. I like to focus on the positives, he beat Coldwater for the first time in forever and beat them a couple of times, that is a success in my book. The issue is just that he never outcoached the talent he had. Most years we didn't have the talent to be competitive, but the year in which we did it just seemed like coaching never did us any favors. After enough years you realize what the ceiling is and that is it. It is easy to say that in 2021 if Marion stayed in D6 we win State, but it doesn't change the outcome that it didn't happen. At the end of the day after 8-9 years the AD, principle, & superintendent need to decide if the Status Quo is okay or not. If it is okay, then we resign ourselves to just being a low to mid table MAC team and then every few years being decent enough to make some noise. If the Status Quo is not good enough then you need to make the decision to make a change. Yes the unknown has a lot of variables, it could definitely get worse, but you have to hope you find the right guy. From everything I've heard it sounds like it will be over after this season, and that it will be his decision to step away. I have heard names being thrown around town as well, but obviously nothing really until that first decision is made. For me, I think that a changes is needed. Yes we will probably never be the St. Henry of the 90's again, but I think we can strive to be Minster or New Bremen of recent. If you can get there then maybe take another step. If it does happen this next hiring will be so impactful on the future of not only SH football, but honestly all boys sports in SH in my opinion.
I resonate with you bc Versailles was in the same position. Lots of 90’s success, coaching change and then boom. Nothing for 15 years. My thing always is, is that St Henry basketball and baseball are very successful. Those same kids play football.

St. Henry reminds me of Marion Local from 1986 till Goodwin. Marion Local under Goodwin really good talent play for a state title, off talent year 2 losses. Before Goodwin (86 on) really good talent maybe 7 - 3 reg. season, off talent year maybe 2 or 3 wins. St. Henry is a "sleeping giant" no reason not to be on the level close to a Versailles and just as good or not better than New Bremen. Could you hire someone worse yes but that is a half empty glass way of looking at it. ML fired a relatively successful coach, (not talking Cramer) to get to that next level. Like you said can stick with the status quo or try to do better.
100% agree with everything you said.

I resonate with you bc Versailles was in the same position. Lots of 90’s success, coaching change and then boom. Nothing for 15 years. My thing always is, is that St Henry basketball and baseball are very successful. Those same kids play football.
Ya I felt like once Versailles had their turn around we hopefully will be next on that list, but that is easier said than done. Unfortunately it seems like more kids (some of our better athletes) are not playing football to focus more on the other too. Trust me I want to be good at Basketball and Baseball as well, but Football is still king here. Also you may be surprised to find the number of people that don't like Rosey either. We have a lot of people in town that believe we still are in the 90's and anything less than that is unacceptable.

Edit: Should write the St. Henry Manifesto, and scheme to bring SH back to glory lol.

From everything I've heard it sounds like it will be over after this season, and that it will be his decision to step away. I have heard names being thrown around town as well, but obviously nothing really until that first decision is made.
Would one of those names happen to be ex St. Henry, Penn State, and Steelers great Jeff Hartings ?

For a sport that's lightly attended, those prices don't help draw a crowd.
Likely be more people at the meet than any state championships football games. Of course about 900 runners leads to lots of family, teammates and coaches in attendance. The price is crazy for how little it cost to put on a meet. My guess OHSAA is making 1/2 million off the Cross country post season since they now charge for both regional and district meet which used to be free to attend and the state meet at $6-$8 per person would make the CC tournament break even when less teams made the meet.

4th play of the game we are on a10 minute delay. Refs had to go get the rule book, no idea what's going on. We had a bad snap on punt got it off and a loramie player touched it and we recovered.

Long physical game. Charlie Werling was brought to the hospital by ambulance so I assume we see Jack from here on out. Weird game but the boys were fired up. Excited to see ansonia next week.
Neck injury?

Any word from the Werling kid; and #50 from St.Henry who were hurt on the same play last night? Praying and hoping the best news from both young men!

Any word from the Werling kid; and #50 from St.Henry who were hurt on the same play last night? Praying and hoping the best news from both young men!
Obviously not a doctor, but seemed like a concussion to me. Would like to see the replay on WOSN so see that play. He was down for a while, once up he walked to the sideline holding his head the whole time.

Minster Girls win the State Cross Country title today....... so who has the biggest dynasty..ML football or Minster Girls cross country?

D3 Region 10 Final.

St. HENRY sweeps a very good Huron Tigers team. 25-23 25-21 25-18.

Lady skins making their 16th trip to state , and seeking their 8 title.

Hopefully bring some revenge on Lake Catholic for the MAC down in Dayton.

Congratulations to the SH girls on the volleyball regional championship!

Hopefully they and the NB girls can bring home the big trophies in a week.

Good luck ladies!!

Minster Girls win the State Cross Country title today....... so who has the biggest dynasty..ML football or Minster Girls cross country?
Minster Girls. NC. A case could be made that Sunni Olding was the greatest athlete at either school fwiw.. Killer.

I was just pondering that fa few days back. I think all things considered, I would say Marion football. I added it up, and except for 2020, the flyers are on an amazing streak of playing for a state title. They have been more consistently dominant.

I was just pondering that fa few days back. I think all things considered, I would say Marion football. I added it up, and except for 2020, the flyers are on an amazing streak of playing for a state title. They have been more consistently dominant.
Buuuuuuuut. PeeWee divisions...