Massillon 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is weak. The hypocrisy is the point. If you blame Moore and Massillon then you must blame Hertler and Hoover for Howard.
So unless you fault every coach and school (or none) for every player for any reason then you are a hypocrite like he is. Make sense?
Btw one them Morgan Williams went on to have a decent career at Toledo, credit to him. Not a "failure" or "tragedy" or "crying shame". So hold off on the obituary not every kid, family, circumstances, or paths are the same.
I absolutely agree with the tenor of this post and specifically the words "THE HYPOCRISY IS THE POINT." Its you all that assume and misinterpret many of my posts. For example:
I have already stated that BOTH schools failed him if in fact McK failed to supply him with adequate instruction. For Massillon to accept him in, keep him eligible but not equip him for his future is doubly egregious.
The Erick H comparison is fine if indeed it ends with his HS experience as you have stated. Only the truly ignorant would bring up his name for other reasons.
And yes it is equally fraudulent, irresponsible and unethical for any school to do what it appears Massillon did.
Also, I have never once made a single statement about his future. I have focused on what did and did not occur at Massillon. And I have never once wished any ill will upon him. I hold the adults primarily responsible, the adults who are there to provide meaningful and practical direction. I hope corrective measures have been taken so it doesn't occur again.
I didn't know it was essential to bring up every instance of past wrongdoing to discuss a current event. The Jamir disgrace is current and thus a topic. Sadly he is not the first, and will not be the last. And that should be troubling to all of us no matter what school we support. It is indeed a failure, tragedy and a crying shame.

Last edited:
I would imagine these kids are counseled and made well aware of the classes they need to take and perform in to be eligible by NCAA standards. I'm just saying the other supplemental classes they take in high school can help keep their GPA in an eligible condition to play and graduate.
Sad but true and if that's what happened here people need held accountable. To parade the coach in and make a display of the scholarship knowing the educational reality is contemptible.

Let’s clear a few things up, being eligible during the season and graduating from high school are totally different standards than what the NCAA elIgibility center requires, core courses needed (18 of them), Ncaa sliding scale for D1 test scores vs Gpa.....I mean folks do a little research

Now for the love of God can we get back to talking about the actual upcoming season

Let’s clear a few things up, being eligible during the season and graduating from high school are totally different standards than what the NCAA elIgibility center requires, core courses needed (18 of them), Ncaa sliding scale for D1 test scores vs Gpa.....I mean folks do a little research

Now for the love of God can we get back to talking about the actual upcoming season
That's what I was trying to point out. I'm sure he was in the right classes, Massillon is very proactive about making sure their kids are on the right path as far as that goes. But NCAA performance standards can be much different than a particular high school's standards.

That's what I was trying to point out. I'm sure he was in the right classes, Massillon is very proactive about making sure their kids are on the right path as far as that goes. But NCAA performance standards can be much different than a particular high school's standards.

True. Not to mention many universities have their own performance standards, from less difficult to very difficult. Also, if an athlete is committed to their school of choice but comes up short, they will often go juco or military academy and keep that option open, maintaining their 4 years eligibility. Others will sign elsewhere (like Howard to Akron U) in order to play sooner, or whatever each individual's thought process.

Last edited:
Doesn't the state of Ohio require similar core classes to receive a valid diploma? I mean Ohio kids are receiving NCAA scholarships.
http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Ohio-s-Graduation-Requirements/Courses-and-Requirements

As Redwing just stated a hs diploma does not automatically qualify you at any college of your choice. You can't possibly be this stupid not to know that.

You've made how many posts on the subject and do you know why it is not resonating with anyone? (Besides the other troll maybe). Because you are making an *** out of yourself that's why. But that's typical.

You've made how many posts on the subject and do you know why it is not resonating with anyone? (Besides the other troll maybe). Because you are making an *** out of yourself that's why. But that's typical.
Only a card carrying Loon would think this isn't a black eye on Massillon's football program.

I'd like to know what Mike Leach is REALLY thinking. :censored:

Well, it's always been a very highly controlled and scripted scrimmage over the years, but still...Avon and the Tigers get to crack the pads of another team in less than a week. Football is here!

Doesn't the state of Ohio require similar core classes to receive a valid diploma? I mean Ohio kids are receiving NCAA scholarships.
http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Ohio-s-Graduation-Requirements/Courses-and-Requirements
I’m sure to a point they do, but you also need a certain grade point average to be Eligible per the NCAA sliding scale compared to ACT test scores and maybe he didn’t qualify that way, meaning He did enough to graduate high school but not qualify for D1 football, not sure how that’s the schools fault, do the work, get the grades you need. Take advantage of the resources

Only a card carrying Loon would think this isn't a black eye on Massillon's football program.

I'd like to know what Mike Leach is REALLY thinking. :censored:
I think as usual your wrong, I think what it says is that no matter what kind of football career you have or how great an athlete you are, they didn’t just hand out A’s to him. Would that of been ok ? They held him ACCOUNTABLE and he obviously didn’t do HIS part. He’s paying for that now, Think outside the box every now and again, you might feel a little better about yourself. Now let’s talk football please

I think as usual your wrong, I think what it says is that no matter what kind of football career you have or how great an athlete you are, they didn’t just hand out A’s to him. Would that of been ok ? They held him ACCOUNTABLE and he obviously didn’t do HIS part. He’s paying for that now, Think outside the box every now and again, you might feel a little better about yourself. Now let’s talk football please
And I disagree. This was a highly sought recruit playing for the self-proclaimed "greatest high school football program ever" as a four-year starter. He leaves as the school’s all-time leader in rushing yards (4,025 yards), rushing touchdowns (56), rushing attempts (773) and scoring (344 points). And he's INELIGIBLE to play? o_O

The optics here don't look good.

And I disagree. This was a highly sought recruit playing for the self-proclaimed "greatest high school football program ever" as a four-year starter. He leaves as the school’s all-time leader in rushing yards (4,025 yards), rushing touchdowns (56), rushing attempts (773) and scoring (344 points). And he's INELIGIBLE to play? o_O The optics here don't look good.
Wait -Jamir was there for 4 years?!?

Leach was well aware of the entire situation. Jamir wasn’t scammed either.
If Jamir was kept eligible but not required to take and pass core courses needed for entrance into D1 schools, you don't see that as a deficient scam of the system?

Well, it's always been a very highly controlled and scripted scrimmage over the years, but still...Avon and the Tigers get to crack the pads of another team in less than a week. Football is here!
I can't wait for the sound of pads popping. GO TIGERS!

Sue,whats even more ironic is that he played a backup roll on the tiger. Then in his chosen profession was ordered out of the stadium,never to return. Hence the psychotic anger/jealousy overcame his reality as his career nose dived. He responds as a jilted lover. Actually sad.

No my friend. Not even close.

Not same person but may as well be. Same obsession, same idiocy, only separated by 2 extra chins and 150 lbs.

Although, you gotta ask, what gives a Canton supporter the balls to drone endlessly or criticize anyone else regarding academics??? That is a tad askew, LOL.

Last edited:
Not same person but may as well be. Same obsession, same idiocy, only separated by 2 extra chins and 150 lbs.

Although, you gotta ask, what gives a Canton supporter the balls to drone endlessly or criticize anyone else regarding academics??? That is a tad askew, LOL.
He is not a Mckinley fan. He just claims that. If you notice anything he posts about the HOF or Mckinley is printed in the Rep.

If you notice anything he posts about the HOF or Mckinley is printed in the Rep.

Is that a coincidence? He's also claimed to talk to Moore, work out with Clark, was in the radio booth for the Hoban game, attended the state track meet, and lies alot, so who knows. Maybe we'll find out at the "Stark fans get-together" Mack is putting together.

Sue,whats even more ironic is that he played a backup roll on the tiger. Then in his chosen profession was ordered out of the stadium,never to return. Hence the psychotic anger/jealousy overcame his reality as his career nose dived. He responds as a jilted lover. Actually sad.
Hey let's get that name right "Sua° lol! I didn't realize that was TP. I was pretty good friends with Gary Martin (rip), He always called him Cadillac sweet lips.

You have no clue. This was all on one person. He didn’t do what he was supposed to. I’ll say no more on this matter. Just wish the kid well he needs it
So for 4 years this kid would not take help? Or somehow received enough help to stay eligible for 4 years but as soon as he was done playing at Massillon he refused all help? This story raises many questions and Tiger fans know it. The kid needed help for a long time now it appears.

Again you have no clue
Really? The teenager was there for 4 years. He allegedly stayed eligible during those years. He was given some type of diploma from Massillon which implied he had met or exceeded state requirements as well as those of the school. But whatever his academic achievements he was unable to properly enroll at the school which gave him a scholarship. You seem content to blame the teenager and dismiss any concerns for the adults in the system that were paid to educate him.

You guys act like this is the first time in the history of the world that a kid played his Sr. year but had to go the juco route, my goodness fellas, this happens quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.