Massillon 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? The teenager was there for 4 years. He allegedly stayed eligible during those years. He was given some type of diploma from Massillon which implied he had met or exceeded state requirements as well as those of the school. But whatever his academic achievements he was unable to properly enroll at the school which gave him a scholarship. You seem content to blame the teenager and dismiss any concerns for the adults in the system that were paid to educate him.
Smh lol yes you’re absolutely right

Well he did shake Moore's hand and tell him good job, lol.

With all the week 10 losses and short seasons at least he can be proud of his own stellar academics. Oh right. Hey whatever gets you through the day.

Just curious, does anyone know what the kid's academic deficiency was? Was it GPA, core class deficiency or a low ACT score? Those answers may have some impact as to where any blame might lie.

You'll never get a straight answer on that one. What we do know is that he stayed eligible for 4 years of football so one would presume his GPA and core classes were at least respectable, given Coach Moore's high standards for academics. I mean if you can stay eligible for 4 years, you're a decent student and taking your studies seriously. Then all of a sudden he was unable to complete a class or get a decent enough ACT score to be eligible. Tiger fans on here have taken to blaming the kid. After 4 years of academic achievement that maintained his eligibility, something sure happened. But like I said, the topic will be largely ignored. Maybe its time someone outside Massillon asked some questions.

You'll never get a straight answer on that one. What we do know is that he stayed eligible for 4 years of football so one would presume his GPA and core classes were at least respectable, given Coach Moore's high standards for academics. I mean if you can stay eligible for 4 years, you're a decent student and taking your studies seriously. Then all of a sudden he was unable to complete a class or get a decent enough ACT score to be eligible. Tiger fans on here have taken to blaming the kid. After 4 years of academic achievement that maintained his eligibility, something sure happened. But like I said, the topic will be largely ignored. Maybe its time someone outside Massillon asked some questions.
Maybe nobody wants to discuss it with you just so you can twist it to your agenda.

Again, please contact the OHSAA with any concerns.

Maybe the kid has something that prevents him from doing well in standardized tests. That's not uncommon and it is often nobody's fault.

Maybe nobody wants to discuss it with you just so you can twist it to your agenda.
Twist how? All I've said are facts. Eligible for 4 years. Then poof - can't pass a class or test he needed? No twist - just the facts. And the facts stink.

Twist how? All I've said are facts. Eligible for 4 years. Then poof - can't pass a class or test he needed? No twist - just the facts. And the facts stink.
Okay Carl Monday, I guess these are some of the " alternative facts " they keep telling us about. You're right about one thing, Your facts stink.

Now let's talk about football. Have any Tiger fans been able to catch a practice? What's the good news? I have been unable to make it to any so far.

I'm excited to see him play. We should have a nice stable of running backs. My biggest concern is the Defense. We have some promising looking young men on that side of the ball, but we still need to see the results and the depth.

From what I’ve heard and after reading Easterlings article this morning, we should have a strong kicking game. That’s always a major plus. Haines is drawing interest from Georgia and other power 5 schools... He was a finalist for the East-West Kicking competition. I’m interested to see how they work out the kicking duties with him and Bauer who did a good job last year.

I read that article this morning too. I will be interesting to see how it all works out. The kicking game should be a strength though.

EXTREMELY pleased with Moore and staff for not just the dramatic improvement on the field, but off the field also. Including academics, work ethic, discipline, honoring tradition and former greats, and former players giving back. I could go on. If it were possible I'd lock the whole group into a 5 year renewal with no out clauses. :)

It is GOOD to be a Tiger!!! Sorry if that makes the trolls get smaller and more bitter. (not really).

Last edited:
I think I heard so, will have to wait and see how competition plays out. Also heard experimenting at receiver out of backfield and slot.

Did he at St. V? Or any punt/ko returning?

As I recall, he was on the SVSM roster as an RB/CB, but I don't think he ever saw time at RB as they probably didn't want to use him up. I don't remember him being a returner but I didn't see SVSM much last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.