MAC

I agree to a certain extent….if they can share the ball and get players to help Cam out….nobody can win it all in D4 with a one or two man team…..teams with good coaching will shut that down!!!
Richmond heights? Russia... will be there in the end this year..

Hiland 66
Wayne Trace 38
All i can say wow, my Hawks pick the right time to play there best game of the year, Hiland held Brooks L. to. 4 points,

On any other given night, Hiland is not 28 points better than Wayne Trace, but on this game night Hiland could do no wrong

Delphos St. John's 57 11-2
Pandora Gilboa 48 12-2

DSJ Soph. Cameron Elwer 34 points. Freshman Andrew Elwer 12 (four 3's)
It feels like every game the Jays play recently is considered a big game. That trend doesn't stop tonight with a trip to Rockford to take on Parkway. Should be a heck of a Tuesday night match up.

It feels like every game the Jays play recently is considered a big game. That trend doesn't stop tonight with a trip to Rockford to take on Parkway. Should be a heck of a Tuesday night match up.
This game tonight on radio?

This game tonight on radio?
Not on WDOH. It's a makeup game and they already had DSJ-Bath girls on the schedule. It's broadcast online on NFHS. I'll be watching and reporting quarter scores on the DSJ Athletic Boosters FB page. And my cousin's son is Parkway's top player.
It's been a tough stretch and going to get tougher. Lot of tough road games lately; Crestview, Shawnee, LCC, PG. Coming up: Parkway, Spencerville, Dayton Dunbar, Coldwater. Plus home games vs St. Henry and Marion Local.

He quit mainly because of coach. We had some quit last year, a senior, three juniors, five sophomores didn't go out this year
mainly because of the coach. At least three assistant coaches have left the program mainly because of him. So I guess we will
agree to disagree.
Did Hoelscher quit mid way through the year?

Don’t kids who suffer season ending injuries still show up for games?
Most do. I don't know anything about this situation other than the two posts here. IMO if a kid isn't playing because he is injured and wants to get healthy I don't think is the same as quitting. But could there be more to it than what was posted here maybe he did actually quit.

Most do. I don't know anything about this situation other than the two posts here. IMO if a kid isn't playing because he is injured and wants to get healthy I don't think is the same as quitting. But could there be more to it than what was posted here maybe he did actually quit.
I agree with you and I have no other knowledge either. Just have never heard of that approach so I find it odd

He is going to be very fun to watch the next 2 years. He has potential to be the best player DSJ has ever produced
Alan K. from the 90s went to Ohio State, he was pretty darn good. Is Elwer a D1 player, honest I have not seen him play, have just read about him

Between not liking the coach and his hip bothering him he decided to quit...He did actually start the first three or four games.Then
came off the bench a couple games than decided to quit.

At this point he will break the MAC record his junior year
Cameron Elwer will likely score his 1,000th point this weekend in his 41st game. He tied the DSJ record for best FT % in a game going 17/17 at Parkway Tuesday night. The 'Jays as a team were 21/21 at Parkway, also tying a school record for FT % in a game.

Boys Basketball leaderboard from the Celina newspaper. https://dailystandard.com/sports/leaderboards/boys-basketball

Last edited:
Cameron Elwer will likely score his 1,000th point this weekend in his 41st game. He tied the DSJ record for best FT % in a game going 17/17 at Parkway Tuesday night. The 'Jays as a team were 21/21 at Parkway, also tying a school record for FT % in a game.

Boys Basketball leaderboard from the Celina newspaper. https://dailystandard.com/sports/leaderboards/boys-basketball
Crazy that he is hitting 62.4% of his shots with so many of them are difficult and lots of them are 3's. I guess the one thing that would help that percentage is he gets fouled a lot of times shooting the ball so if he makes the basket it counts but if misses it don't count as an attempt.

Crazy that he is hitting 62.4% of his shots with so many of them are difficult and lots of them are 3's. I guess the one thing that would help that percentage is he gets fouled a lot of times shooting the ball so if he makes the basket it counts but if misses it don't count as an attempt.
Really is a special talent. I mean we all could tell when he was a freshman, but to be at this level as a Sophomore already is incredible. Just a great athlete in all the sports he attempts.

That may have been the ugliest game of basketball I've ever watched. Tough way to lose one by New Bremen. They were the better team on the night, but somehow SH pulled it out. Thank God Bower put up 28, cause no one else wanted to score that second half.

Last edited:
Delphos SJ 49
Versailles 47

Versailles played a deliberate game and shot the ball well. Tigers led 47-44 in the final minute. A DSJ steal led to a Cam Elwer 3 to tie the game. Another DSJ steal, after a time out Cam Elwer hits a fade away 12 footer from the left side at the buzzer for the win. Elwer finishes with 25.
DSJ travels to 11-3 Spencerville Saturday for a huge rivalry game. Elwer will likely hit 1,000 points tomorrow.

That may have been the ugliest game of basketball I've ever watched. Tough way to lose one by New Bremen. They were the better team on the night, but someone SH pulled it out. Thank God Bower put up 28, cause no one else wanted to score that second half.
Also shoutout to Hayden Boeckman hitting two free throws with 2.9 seconds left to send the game into OT.

MAC scores 1/26:
Coldwater 58 Parkway 42
DSJ 49 Versailles 47
Marion Local 63 Fort Recovery 37
Minster 74 New Knoxville 45
St. Henry 67 New Bremen 64 Believe that was SH's 3rd OT of the year.