MAC Basketball

Some of the scores don't make sense,St.Johns lose to LCC today by 9,then Kalida beats LCC by almost 20 over the weekend, then St Johns beats Kalida.by 5, earlier this season
Its early. Versailles beat Celina handily; St. Henry barely beat Celina yet def. Versailles. Teams are still "finding" themselves.

Some of the scores don't make sense,St.Johns lose to LCC today by 9,then Kalida beats LCC by almost 20 over the weekend, then St Johns beats Kalida.by 5, earlier this season
I was concerned about LCC today because they got embarrassed at Kalida on Friday. They were going to come out today with incredible enthusiasm and they did. And it's matchups. We don't match up well with other team's big guys and LCC hurt us inside today. Plus, if LCC continues to shoot from 3 like they did today they will be very tough to beat. I will say even though we lost it was kind of fun to have a 9 point game end up 73-64 instead of 43-34.

I was concerned about LCC today because they got embarrassed at Kalida on Friday. They were going to come out today with incredible enthusiasm and they did. And it's matchups. We don't match up well with other team's big guys and LCC hurt us inside today. Plus, if LCC continues to shoot from 3 like they did today they will be very tough to beat. I will say even though we lost it was kind of fun to have a 9 point game end up 73-64 instead of 43-34.
Yes and LCC is still getting their bball legs, any scores before Jan. I take with a grain of salt.

Do they get bonus points for large halftime or third quarter leads?
Depends on how you look at it. Yes, they get bonus points if getting out of the gym early is the goal? Running clock gets game over faster. So in a manner of thinking, they actually lose points by being up by huge margins.

This is why I prefer a 24-20 game. Fans get their money's worth instead of watching a 94-27 blowout with zero defense.

Depends on how you look at it. Yes, they get bonus points if getting out of the gym early is the goal? Running clock gets game over faster. So in a manner of thinking, they actually lose points by being up by huge margins.

This is why I prefer a 24-20 game. Fans get their money's worth instead of watching a 94-27 blowout with zero defense.
Might as well go watch soccer.

I would play league games on Tuesday - Friday. Too many teams missing players due to injuries from football (early in season) also starting late due to playoffs. Starting Sat. night ML will be playing 4 games in 7 days.
Good luck finding games on Fridays in December when everyone else around is playing conference games. Playing two MAC games a week in February during the run up to the tournament sounds like torture.

Watched the FL/Versailles game on NFHS it was brutally physcial. Versailles sat in a zone and FL didn't shoot it well at all. Missed a ton of easy ones. Versailles will be fine if they can get anyone to score the basketball other than Stonebraker.

St. Henry now goes to FL on Tuesday in another big game. FL is 4-1 and 3-0 in the MAC can they stay unbeaten?

Watched the FL/Versailles game on NFHS it was brutally physcial. Versailles sat in a zone and FL didn't shoot it well at all. Missed a ton of easy ones. Versailles will be fine if they can get anyone to score the basketball other than Stonebraker.

St. Henry now goes to FL on Tuesday in another big game. FL is 4-1 and 3-0 in the MAC can they stay unbeaten?
FL (Fort Loramie) is in SCAL, correct?

Good luck finding games on Fridays in December when everyone else around is playing conference games. Playing two MAC games a week in February during the run up to the tournament sounds like torture.
Marion Local does it every year, will play one league game next week the rest next year. Doesn't seem to affect the Flyers much during tourney time. Only talking 2 Tuesday league games that is it, or start league play at end of Dec. than teams would only play one Tuesday league game, I believe SCL has this format.

Last edited:
I thought Marion looked like it was their first game Saturday night against Celina, yet handled them. By the time they get 20 games under their belt they will be a load in Division IV.....and they will be coming north for the tourney. They should find success that direction.

FL (Fort Loramie) is in SCAL, correct?
correct. Everyone always says FL should join the MAC in football so I figured why not just assume they are in basketball. I looked at their schedule this morning. They play everyone except Parkway and DSJ this year.

They already have beaten NK, FR, and Versailles.

I'm taking NB doesn't have there basketball legs just yet, I'm little surprised by point difference
St Mary’s didn’t lose much after last year. They have some high expectations. Cardinals will be fine, I’m not looking too deep into these early games for us just as long as the guys show they care and want to win that’s all I care about now. I’m not expecting beautiful basketball.

I realize this is a Delphos fan "poking" the Tbirds ( yes I See the LOVE) LOL - however you should know better on these PCL teams and discounting them. Kalida went into Rossford and did the same to them earlier this year!!Just say'in!!

I realize this is a Delphos fan "poking" the Tbirds ( yes I See the LOVE) LOL - however you should know better on these PCL teams and discounting them. Kalida went into Rossford and did the same to them earlier this year!!Just say'in!!
Not discounting Kalida in the least. They're a good team but I don't think I'd bet on them beating LCC by 18 if they played again.

Not discounting Kalida in the least. They're a good team but I don't think I'd bet on them beating LCC by 18 if they played again.
I would say you are probably correct, but I think Kalida probabaly still wins - but I was surprised to see the Jays / LCC score too 2 days later?

Botkins strong again this year? I know they graduated big guy Pliman after last year.
Carter Pleiman may be the best all-around player in the area. Handle's the ball well, play's underneath, good shooter, had 17 pts. vs Marion Local. Pt. Guard for Botkins is also a good player. Botkins is now 2 - 3, I believe but the Trojans losses are to Jackson Center, Springfield Shawnee, and Marion Local.

Last edited:
Carter Pleiman may be the best all-around player in the area. Handle's the ball well, play's underneath, good shooter, had 17 pts. vs Marion Local. Pt. Guard for Botkins is also a good player. Botkins is now 2 - 3, I believe but the Trojans losses are to Jackson Center, Springfield Shawnee, and Marion Local.
Carter is really good--Botkins needs to get better play from around him and they might be a darkhorse in that sectional. Carter is good enough to win them games.

St.Marys 46 Marion Local 35
Flyers actually out rebounded the Riders but too many 2nd half turn overs led to easy baskets. Parks had 17 pts. Knapke 13 pts. to lead their respective squads.