MAC Basketball

via @ OhioBBLines on Twitter:

1670590795544.png

DISCUSS/ENJOY!

FR getting beat by FL a head scratcher to me. FL coming off of football and FR has one of the best players in the MAC in Rammel. I thought they would win running away.
Loramie may just be better than they showed most of last year. In the Piqua tournament, they played very solid ball with no one player sticking out, it was team basketball. Probably a result of coaching more than the talent IMO.

Does Ft Recovery beat Bradford on Saturday? Asked the same on the WOAC page.
Thought about this awhile. My thought used to be Shelby County teams overperformed due to the absence of football.

So Bradford has had a fall to focus on basketball, while FR played football. Being early in the season, I will take Bradford, and give you 10 points. Late in the year, i would call it more likely to be even.

Loramie may just be better than they showed most of last year. In the Piqua tournament, they played very solid ball with no one player sticking out, it was team basketball. Probably a result of coaching more than the talent IMO.
My buddies say this Loramie team is loaded with athletes.

FR getting beat by FL a head scratcher to me. FL coming off of football and FR has one of the best players in the MAC in Rammel. I thought they would win running away.
Recovery did also graduate Jutte, as well as some other great athletes. Lot of new guys for them this year.

I thibk across the board, a MAC school like recovery will have too many athletes, let’s not overthink this.
I agree I just seen Bradford play last year and they were young with a very good talent in Davidson. Haven’t seen them this year but they have been scoring points in bunches according to the WOAC site. Also does not look like they have played anyone like Ft Recovery plays basketball. I may have to go Saturday.

I agree I just seen Bradford play last year and they were young with a very good talent in Davidson. Haven’t seen them this year but they have been scoring points in bunches according to the WOAC site. Also does not look like they have played anyone like Ft Recovery plays basketball. I may have to go Saturday.
I doubt he sees the kind of athleticism in the WOAC that he will see against Recovery and the overall length I think some scoring numbers could be higher for Bradford because of the lack in competition.

I doubt he sees the kind of athleticism in the WOAC that he will see against Recovery and the overall length I think some scoring numbers could be higher for Bradford because of the lack in competition.
He will get his. The rest of the team will probably struggle.

Dec. 10th scores:
Wapak 54 Minster 51 OT
Elida 60 Coldwater 42
St. Henry 47 Celina 42
New Knoxville 50 Houston 42
Fort Recovery 54 Bradford 53
Versailles 50 Greenview 37

Last edited:
CW is missing 2 studs due to FB injuries. They have some young talent in the Soph. class. Adding Blasingame and a 6'6 post player in the next week or 2 will be a huge bonus. FT Rec will go as Rammel goes . Minster is young and still missing 2 kids from FB too. DSJ might have the best freshmen in the state of OH? Elwer's son. NB will be competitive once they discover what a basketball is. They got 9 seniors, 3-4 didnt play last year due to FB injuries and etc?? Marion will be the favorite with the big boys and Hess running the point.

CW is missing 2 studs due to FB injuries. They have some young talent in the Soph. class. Adding Blasingame and a 6'6 post player in the next week or 2 will be a huge bonus. FT Rec will go as Rammel goes . Minster is young and still missing 2 kids from FB too. DSJ might have the best freshmen in the state of OH? Elwer's son. NB will be competitive once they discover what a basketball is. They got 9 seniors, 3-4 didnt play last year due to FB injuries and etc?? Marion will be the favorite with the big boys and Hess running the point.
Watched the Recovery/Bradford game last night they dominated the paint and got a tip in as time expired to win. Rammel had 20 something and probably 12-15 rebounds.

Whats the outlook for the other MAC teams? Parkway? Versailles?

E

Elwer MAC poy?
It's only four games. We'll know more after this weekend vs. New Bremen and LCC. I've been watching DSJ basketball for 45 years and have never seen a freshman like this. And I'm hard pressed to remember a DSJ player who scored 30 points in one game in a season and this freshman has two 30 points games in his first 4 varsity games. So far he's had 24, 31, 29 and 32 and they're in the flow of the game. We've been following him since the 5th graders played at halftime of varsity games and he stood out way above the rest. A basketball player who's fun to watch.

SCAL also has some of the top coaches in the area. Always great defensively, Elchert and Britton specifically have always done a great job getting their teams ready. I’d say MAC has some great coaches too in Goetemeller, Elwer, Mcclurg and our coach has also been solid. Also a fan of St Henry head coach from afar.

It's only four games. We'll know more after this weekend vs. New Bremen and LCC. I've been watching DSJ basketball for 45 years and have never seen a freshman like this. And I'm hard pressed to remember a DSJ player who scored 30 points in one game in a season and this freshman has two 30 points games in his first 4 varsity games. So far he's had 24, 31, 29 and 32 and they're in the flow of the game. We've been following him since the 5th graders played at halftime of varsity games and he stood out way above the rest. A basketball player who's fun to watch.
Do you know where I can find a schedule? I want to come see this kid play some ball. How does he get his points? How stoppable will it be when the grind of MAC basketball starts?

Aribiter.com should list all schools schedules and etc. Elwer looks really good after 4 games, doesnt look like a Freshman. HE gets NB an LCC this weekend, which both are coming off long football runs. I would expect him to see some contact a little bit.

The Davey 1 website carries all the western and north western Ohio schedules and scores of the games, the best highschool website in ohio

Do you know where I can find a schedule? I want to come see this kid play some ball. How does he get his points? How stoppable will it be when the grind of MAC basketball starts?
He hits 3's and can drive to the basket equally as well. I'm guessing he'll see some overly physical play as the season progresses. He's a freshman but he's solidly built for a freshman. If you click on the link below he's #11 in the team picture.