Lorain District D1

EXACTLY! Just like the ASSumption that Ed's will always win. We've all seen that streak broken. You're right, each year is different.
It's a shame Wads and Ed's will be knocking each other out at districts, paving an easier road for Perry. But, it's never over till it's over- will make for another interesting state run.

Vlad it's not an assumption it's a fact. Look over the last 20 years. You can't deny in most years the title is won on Friday night. The facts speak for themselves. Wadsworth nor Perry have the horses. This year. I don't see how you think Wadsworth and Ed's will knock each other off this weekend. If you good enough to make it to state you will. If not you won't. That goes for both teams. You have to wrestle the best to be the best. Win or lose.

In actuality this would probably be a great time to go there. They will graduate 10+ seniors next year. Granted the rising juniors will fill a number of slots but there will be opportunities at the lower and upper weight classes. There was a day when freshman and sophs had nearly zero chance at getting in the lineup. My favorite guys were the ones who couldn't get in the lineup till their senior year then they go out and place or win a title!

Stone well put. You are exactly right. If your a 7th or 8th grader the time is now to enroll. You will make the line up faster in the next two years then you would in most years. Great point.

Wadsworth and eds will both be fine. The two nw sectionals have the talent of one sectional, if that, so there's ample opportunity. The current composition is as close to fair as possible for assuring the best eight from the 'north' exit to state.

Vlad it's not an assumption it's a fact. Look over the last 20 years. You can't deny in most years the title is won on Friday night. The facts speak for themselves. Wadsworth nor Perry have the horses. This year. I don't see how you think Wadsworth and Ed's will knock each other off this weekend. If you good enough to make it to state you will. If not you won't. That goes for both teams. You have to wrestle the best to be the best. Win or lose.

Mailman, I was agreeing with your original post. However, I still say never assume anything. Things happen. I don't think Eds and Wads will knock each other off, but I do see some head to head matchups that will knock wrestlers either a placing or 2 lower, or MAYBE completely out. As was stated many times before- the 2 toughest sectionals and then the toughest district...Perry does have THAT advantage. And personally, Perry is my least favorte to win.

I thought this last year until I went to the District and saw what actually happened, "
It's a shame Wads and Ed's will be knocking each other out at districts, paving an easier road for Perry.
The reality is that Wadsworth and St. Edward knock the other competitors out of the District.

As Bucksman said, last year the NW Sectionals only sent 11 kids to state. Other than Wadsworth and St. Ed wrestlers the rest of the 2 NE Districts only sent 18 kids to state.

This year if form follows I would estimate St. Edward getting 12 out, Wadsworth 10, NW 9, and the rest of the 2 NE Sectionals 25.

The 2 NW Sectionals really make it so that St. Ed and Wadsworth are not damaging each other here. This isn't a criticism of the wrestlers or their teams, it is a criticism of the SYSTEM that this district is out of balance.

I am watching the 103 pound class closely, especially the young man from Oregon Clay who is getting a bye in the first round. I am thinking that will be a big advantage not having a match when the wrestling is at this level.

I thought this last year until I went to the District and saw what actually happened, " The reality is that Wadsworth and St. Edward knock the other competitors out of the District.

As Bucksman said, last year the NW Sectionals only sent 11 kids to state. Other than Wadsworth and St. Ed wrestlers the rest of the 2 NE Districts only sent 18 kids to state.

This year if form follows I would estimate St. Edward getting 12 out, Wadsworth 10, NW 9, and the rest of the 2 NE Sectionals 25.

The 2 NW Sectionals really make it so that St. Ed and Wadsworth are not damaging each other here. This isn't a criticism of the wrestlers or their teams, it is a criticism of the SYSTEM that this district is out of balance.

I am watching the 103 pound class closely, especially the young man from Oregon Clay who is getting a bye in the first round. I am thinking that will be a big advantage not having a match when the wrestling is at this level.

Well spoken, Moozedad. I'm also curious to see how the 103s play out. Besides the Oregon Clay, we have a wrestler getting a match with someone who has never won a single match this season, Torres seeded 2nd, still injured (most likely woulda been a 1st seed), and doubtful either Eds or Wads 103s will make it out.

Oregon Clay's 103 Davis is probably the most underated 103 in the State. He makes no mistakes and is a solid wrestler. I don't think he has lost since December. He won't be nervous and has lots of experience. It will be to his advantage that he will be able to sit back and watch Torres wrestle in the 1st round.

My math shows the other teams in ne qual 22 to state, eds/wads 23, and nw 11.

It's fine for the other ne teams bc they're still hitting 'expectation'.

My math shows the other teams in ne qual 22 to state, eds/wads 23, and nw 11.

It's fine for the other ne teams bc they're still hitting 'expectation'.

I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at. Is this in reference to state qualification spots available that result from having two dominant teams in your district?

My point is that the presence of eds and wadsworth covers for the weak northwesr district sectionals in d1. The other ne teams in two sectionals are hitting output numbers that would reflect normal sectionals with a normal best team removed.

I dont believe he selected champs. He justed listed the 4 state qualifiers in order from the top of the bracket down to the bottom.

How do you have wheeler not winning 89

Try reading the 1st couple of sentences the begin Bucksman's thread:
Wads is looking @ 6-11, St Edward 10-12 to state.

Draw discussion .. Qualifier lists in bracket (NOT RANK) order

Calm down now!

Going to St. Eds

Not sure why anyone wants to go there and Wrestle a B schedule the next couple of year. But, Heil's spot is evidently going to open up, but we will see.

While it is nice to see SportsInk try and be informative the writer is as sloppy as they come and accuracy does not seem to matter. In the Lorain District write up alone I am being informed that Wadsworth was the first Public school to win the State Title and that Ed's and Wadsworth meet up 3 times in the first round. (135 and 140, am I missing something?) Gee wiz slow down as his error ratio is rather high.

unless this article was edited,it shows that they meet up in 2 of the weight classes and wadsworth was the first public school to win a state title since 76-77.

unless this article was edited,it shows that they meet up in 2 of the weight classes and wadsworth was the first public school to win a state title since 76-77.

Well watta you know! At least he could have done was acknowledge his error.....but then again what do you expect.
Yes he edited it.

Not sure why anyone wants to go there and Wrestle a B schedule the next couple of year. But, Heil's spot is evidently going to open up, but we will see.

Practicing in one of the best rooms in the country is worth wrestling a "B" schedule. And by the way, the "B" schedule is a varsity schedule.

Well here are a couple of reasons:

1. Quality education
2. Top notch coaching
3. Exceptional drill/practice partners
4. B team wrestles all varsity matches
5. Some B team wrestlers get A team matches
6. Some B team wrestlers are better than 90% of other teams starters due in no small part to items 2 - 5

As far as your cryptic comment re: Heil you obviously have issues with the school or the program. Forums, such as this, are full of conjecture and second hand knowledge. Easy to throw darts behind the veil of anonymity.

According to WKYC.com (NBC affiliate in Cleveland) Lorain City Schools are already cancelled/closed for Friday....now what???

According to sources, powers that be have three scenarios in play.
A) wrestle as planned.
B) wrestle with the possibility of a shortened first day (one round of champ)
C) Saturday and Sunday.

I would imagine most schools decided to go tonight ahead of the storm. I know several schools that had to travel from nw Ohio went this evening to beat the storm.

We got in last night and I am sitting in my hotel room looking out and I see a lot of snow on the ground plow trucks every where still snowing and blowing hard. All schools in the area are cancelled. I feel for anyone that has to drive through this mess.

Well here are a couple of reasons:

1. Quality education
2. Top notch coaching
3. Exceptional drill/practice partners
4. B team wrestles all varsity matches
5. Some B team wrestlers get A team matches
6. Some B team wrestlers are better than 90% of other teams starters due in no small part to items 2 - 5

As far as your cryptic comment re: Heil you obviously have issues with the school or the program. Forums, such as this, are full of conjecture and second hand knowledge. Easy to throw darts behind the veil of anonymity.

I am not the only one who has heard this is Heil's last year at St. Eds. I think they would survive next year without him if he does leave.