Let's start a good thread. List something positive today.

Finally secured the 13th bottle of bourbon for a small project I’m working on. I had been searching for this one for awhile. Now I have to order a 10 liter barrel. In a few months I’ll have my first house blend of bourbon.

Essentially what I will be doing is pouring 13-ish bottles of bourbon I like into a 10 liter barrel. I probably wont try to age it any further, just trying to make my own blend of some good bourbons. I’ll probably let it sit for 3-4 weeks before rebottling it with custom labels designed by my wife.
13 different, or what dominates your recipe, if anything ?

13 different, or what dominates your recipe, if anything ?
13 different, although one (Costco’s Kirkland brand) is distilled and bottled by Barton 1792 and I have one their own 1792 Bottled in Bond as well for this project. I wanted an even exit proof so I’m only using Bottled in Bond bottles which are all 100 proof. So those were my only two requirements for this first one: 1) must be bourbon 2) must be bottled in bond

No one has made a positive statement for 19 days. So here goes, I am positive I will be enjoy the next few days if the weather forecasts stay true.
Another reminder about balanced thought. Thanks
A Grosbeak flew into our sliding door yesterday. Out cold, thought it was dead. Wife put it in a safe area. Went to check on it a few hours later and it flew away when it saw her. Made for a good start of the day.

Screenshot_20220510-141238_Facebook.jpg

Rainy and grey, had settled in with a book, some streaming and some of my fine cooking: shredded wheat. FROSTED!

Got a call out of the blue, weather turned nice so a get together. Some local beer. A little more local beer. Some Lonz white. shrimps. Roasted asparagus, onion soup and sockeye off the grill. Winter long. Nice to be outside.

Finishing up a long weekend in San Diego. Ate great. Drank better. Edible’d a bit from time to time. First time in California and I get why people would pay a premium to be here. It’s very expensive here.

Finishing up a long weekend in San Diego. Ate great. Drank better. Edible’d a bit from time to time. First time in California and I get why people would pay a premium to be here. It’s very expensive here.
We’re headed to San Diego next month. Staying at a VRBO in OB, a few minutes walk from the beach. Hopefully will save us from paying that $6.80/gallon. Lol.

And my local Arkansas Razorbacks are going to the super regionals with an upset over Oklahoma State. Warren, OH and former Kent Stater Michael Turner started in 55/58 games for the Razorbacks this year as a grad transfer hitting .310.